Old 27-05-2007, 06:22 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Best Food Processor or Bowl Cutter (Bowl Copper) for home use.

Hello,

I want to make some sausages and my old Food Processor is not able to
do the job. Now I'm looking into buying a new kitchen tool to process
meat to make it into a past like consistency. As far as I know a bowl
cutter is the right tool to do the job, but this machines cost
thousands of dollars and are for professionals butchers.
I'm looking for a product that can handle +6 lb of meat, not to
expensive and available in the USA. Does anybody has a suggestions
what to buy and is 6 lb realistic for this price range, I found some
Vertical Bowl Cutters from Robotcoupe, but there are also expensive.
Would a Robotcoupe bowl cutter be good for this job? Or Ebay and
something like a HOBART BUFFALO chopper? Maybe someone has a better
idea what to use? Or should I try to sharpen the blades on my old Food
Processor with a stone?

cu
Markus

Old 31-05-2007, 01:31 PM posted to rec.food.equipment

For small batches I use a grinder which is a take off of my 25 year old
Kitchen Aid, a big bowl and my hands to mix.
I've done up to 10 lbs this way.
oups.com...