Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White House Dinner for Mexican President

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> >> That sounds great........ except for the lamb!! ;-)

> > Lamb shanks are leeeeeaaannn!!!
> >

> Yeah, I know........ I just don't like lamb.
>
> I used to buy lamb shanks to give to the pooch.... till the SO gave me
> filthy looks all the time!! :-)
>

> I'll have to buy a couple shanks and cook them up for her one night. And
> I'll do some chicken for me :-)
>
> --
> Peter Lucas

Ah I see. <g> I'm surprised then you don't do turkey drummies for
yourself. They'd be more the size equivalent! I don't eat a lot of lamb
as it's a bit pricey so it's a treat when we do get it.

No 'roo shanks in the pot eh? ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote to PVC:
>
> > Hi PVC! <waves>
> > Lamb shank stew for us today. What are you making? :-)

> I'm sure PVC's having her usual Sunday night: Three giant Domino's Supreme
> pizzas, a quart of generic hooch, and a carton of Marlboros while ensconced
> in her double-wide loveseat (in name only, of course) watching "Celebrity
> Apprentice" and reruns of "The Newlywed Show."
>
> Bob

Sounds like a fun Sunday night. <g>
'cept for the cig's. I don't smoke.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

.. > wrote:

>So, the Mexicans (under Spanish Empire rule) conquered and took California,
>New Mexico, Arizona and Texas from the Native American tribes (that were
>there *first*) over 3 centuries prior to the 1821 Mexican War of
>Independance, and from then on called it their own for 25 years, till the
>Treaty of Guadalupe Hildago (after the 1846-48 Mexican-American war), when
>the US took it back.

>So basically, you're railing against the US taking "Mexican land" that really
>didn't belong to the Mexicans anyway.

First, I'm not railing about the U.S. taking Mexican land.
I'm railing about the current behavior of certain idiots in the U.S.

Secondly, while nobody disputes U.S. sovereignity over the American
southwest, the situation is much more nuanced than many people think,
and the long standing tradition is that many Mexican people migrate
through here, work, and sometimes immigrate. That is the status
quo for many decades. As I said, it has long been the foundation
of U.S./Mexico foreign relations that Mexican people here not
be harassed.

Thirdly, Mexicans from northern Mexico descend from the same
Uto-Aztecan peoples that indigenously populate the American southwest.
They are also of European blood, but they are not as European as
Anglo-Americans. So that adds to the sense that they do belong here;
it also means their traditions here stretch back far longer than
the brief interval the Mexican state itself existed prior to
the Mexican war.

The problem with the Arizona attitude is that it ignores all
of this history with its various, and sometimes contradictory
ramifications in favor of a bondheaded policy of harassment based
on a basically pretty flimsy, black-and-white notion that some
people are illegal and others are not. In my opinion it is way
beyond stupid. It is damaging, and it will ultimately backfire.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-BEEE5D.23294823052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

> In article >,
> "." > wrote:

>> I think the main point here Gloria, is that yes, the US is a 'free
>> country' and all US residents can say what they want.
>>
>> Is the President of Mexico a US citizen?

> He's not

Yeah, I know that....... sarcasm is just one of the many services I
provide ;-)

> and of course he has a right to say what he wants,

Wonder what would happen if an American got up before a nationwide
audience in Mexico and railed against them??

> but I just
> thought that it was rude and in incredibly bad taste,

We had some raghead Mullah over here that used to rant and preach against
anything Australian.

He's now back in his own damn country.

And we're on track to ban the Burqa.

We don't allow any of our citizens to have their face/head covered when
they enter a public place, so that law should apply to *everyone* living
here.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the pie man
'What have u got there?'
Said the pie man unto Simon
Pies you dickhead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> > He seems to argue just for the sake of arguing.
> > He's ceased even having any points to make.

> Here's the simple point: Rick Bayless is the best Mexican cook in the USA.
> He cooks authentic Mexican food.
>
> Your assertion that he cooks Tex-Mex is being made either out of utter
> ignorance (and in stupid defiance of the facts which have already been
> presented to you) or out of simple trollishness. You are exhibiting
> irrational behavior consistent with brain damage brought on by drug use.
>
> Meanwhile, you have apparently chosen to cavort with Peter the *** Blade,
> Projectile Vomit Lardass, and clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz. Do
> you take great pride in your choice of friends?
>
> Bob

They are better than you.
They don't resort to utterly unspeakable accusations like accusing Stu'
of child rape.

That will forever make you a subterranean troll in my book.
At least until you choose to apologize or at least knock it the hell off.

That is lower than low! And shows that you have very dark fantasies.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-D50720.23401123052010
@news-wc.giganews.com:

>> > Lamb shanks are leeeeeaaannn!!!
>> >

>> Yeah, I know........ I just don't like lamb.
>>
>> I used to buy lamb shanks to give to the pooch.... till the SO gave me
>> filthy looks all the time!! :-)
>>

>> I'll have to buy a couple shanks and cook them up for her one night.

And
>> I'll do some chicken for me :-)
>>
>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> Ah I see. <g> I'm surprised then you don't do turkey drummies for
> yourself.

If it comes down to it, I'll only really eat a rolled turkey breast. No
drummies...... don't like 'em ;-)

> They'd be more the size equivalent! I don't eat a lot of lamb
> as it's a bit pricey so it's a treat when we do get it.
>
> No 'roo shanks in the pot eh? ;-)

Actually haven't seen a roo leg roast....... probably because it'd be the
first cut minced up as it would be incredibly tough.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the pie man
'What have u got there?'
Said the pie man unto Simon
Pies you dickhead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote:

>> Why is it that everyone misunderstands what I write? Perhaps I should
>> quit being so brief!

> Hey!! I understood what you wrote the first time....... it's just some of
> the retards on here need you to draw pictures to explain things.

No, you didn't understand anything that Om wrote, because what Om wrote was
contradictory, confused, and incoherent. You're just stupidly piling on
because Om has been nice to you recently.

Don't you have a baker's dozen bukkake-mates waiting for you?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-05-21 20:02:14 -0700, Bob Terwilliger said:

> Goomba wrote:
>
>> I question if a guest wants to be fed his own foods when visiting other
>> places. That seems very reasonable a question. And I doubt if the
>> Mexican President's attache said "He only wants Mexican food" but he
>> may have said something along the lines of "no pork,please" or "he
>> doesn't do dairy" or something else. I'm sure they don't dictate the
>> meal.

> As pointed out elsewhere in this thread, the menu Bayless created
> wasn't Mexican food, strictly speaking.

I don't know that there is any style of national food that is
"cuisine--strictly speaking". If there is, I imagine that most
sophisticated Mexican restaurants in Mexico don't cook anything
Mexican--strictly speaking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> > You misunderstand,,, as usual.
> > I was referring to Bob T's calling Stu' a child rapist.
> > He went utterly over the top offensive rather than trying to continue
> > logical debate.

> Stu had already abandoned the "logical debate." Have you forgotten his,
> "Everyone should take note that Bob is an elitist prick." That's clearly an
> ad hominem. I chose to escalate his ad hominem by countering with "Stu rapes
> babies". We were BOTH insulting each other, but he did it first (which means
> I won the logical argument) and I did it better (which means I also won the
> insult contest).
>
> Stick to the facts, if your current state of mind allows it.

It was, and still is way over the top.
Elitist prick is hardly on that level.
And also not terribly creative.
I still can't believe that you were low enough to go there.

> > I have no problem with a good debate, but when someone stoops as low as
> > he did, that's when I feel they are no longer worth playing with.

> Ad hominem is ad hominem. There is no "stooping" involved, in terms of
> logic. If your emotions got so turbulent that you were no longer capable of
> logic, then -- in simple terms -- I win.

Bullshit.

> When YOU chose to leap in with an attack on me, I simply responded in kind
> to you: And again, you insulted me first (which means I won the logical
> argument) and I insulted you so effectively it drove you right off the edge
> (which means I also won the insult contest). Of course, I had no way of
> knowing it would drive you to whatever illicit drugs you've been abusing.
>
> Bob

See? there you go again. I quit playing with Salvia 4 years ago because
I just plain lost interest in it. The only drug I abuse now is the same
one you abuse. A nice daily cocktail to relax by. ;-)

So Bob, please **** off and go play on the Freeway.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-05-21 08:47:01 -0700, Nan said:

> Tis only another international gaff by our foolish leader, almost as
> arrogant as giving the Queen of England a copy of some of his
> speeches. He is such a buffoon.

That's where your logic begins, not where it ends. Thus, because he is
a non-Republikan, nothing he served could have been successful; not
even if it was an exact replican of some low-brow picnic food Bush may
have served.

Republikan logic sure makes "thinking" easy.
--
-- Beware the delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Stu wrote:
>
> > You won nothing Bobby, unless it's in your delusional mind. You
> > stepped over the line and everyone knows it.

> Once again you trot out "everyone" as if you speak for multitudes of people.
> Here's a reality check for you: Nobody cares what you think. The only reason
> Om sides with you is that she's sunk in the throes of some kind of narcotic
> haze.
>
> Now, REPENT! STOP ****ING CHILDREN!
>
> Bob

You have some very dark fantasies Bob...
Do get help!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:

>> On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:11:43 -0500, Omelet wrote:

>> > I've attended more than one lecture by our local SWAT team leader. This
>> > problem is not a joke.

>It's SWAT's job to be prepared for any eventuality and know the
>underground trends that the general public is blissfully ignorant about.
>Why do you have a problem with that?

I would have a serious problem if police-generated propaganda had more
than the minorest influence over U.S. policy.

This is why we have civilian leaders in the first place. This is why
we don't just let the generals or the heads of the CIA and FBI run the
country. We do these things for a reason.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> "Boobie Twitiliger" > whined and cried:

(snip the usual bullshit)

> They are better than you.

99.9% of the population is better than that retard.... and that's giving
retards a bad name!!

> They don't resort to utterly unspeakable accusations like accusing Stu'
> of child rape.
>
> That will forever make you a subterranean troll in my book.
> At least until you choose to apologize or at least knock it the hell
> off.

Don't hold your breath.

That last statement will be like saying to a petulant child "Stop! Don't
do that."

It's just going to put it's hands on it's hips, stamp it's little foot and
say "No!!".

> That is lower than low! And shows that you have very dark fantasies.

Lessee........ it always makes homosexual references, is a mysoginist, and
has fantasies of child rape.......

It doesn't take a genius to realise than any male children in it's family
are in danger.

You're not going to win against the twit, Om........ it has a mental
condition, and you can't reason with a nut job.

Best thing you can do is implore Lin to get it some professional help.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Simple Simon met a pie man going to the fair.
Said Simple Simon to the pie man
'What have u got there?'
Said the pie man unto Simon
Pies you dickhead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> >> Is the President of Mexico a US citizen?

> > He's not and of course he has a right to say what he wants, but I just
> > thought that it was rude and in incredibly bad taste, and certainly did
> > not deserve a standing ovation.

> So you think Calderon should have lied?
>
> Bob

No, he should have kept his mouth shut.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

>> Meanwhile, you have apparently chosen to cavort with Peter the *** Blade,
>> Projectile Vomit Lardass, and clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz.
>> Do you take great pride in your choice of friends?

> They are better than you.
> They don't resort to utterly unspeakable accusations like accusing Stu'
> of child rape.

That was retaliation: When I am attacked and I choose to retaliate, I see no
point in half-measures. Same thing as when I mentioned your murdering
transients and feeding them to your father. If you attack me, you deserve
whatever retaliation I see fit to use.

> That will forever make you a subterranean troll in my book.
> At least until you choose to apologize or at least knock it the hell off.

Stu is a piece of shit. I don't give a rat's ass about your unjustified high
opinion of him. I'm more concerned about YOU. Your behavior has been very
disturbing recently. You seem to have some disconnect between what you write
and what you mean, and you assume that people should know what you mean,
even though it's not what you wrote. In this text-based medium, how is that
possible? As I mentioned in other posts, you have turned brazenly
hypocritical and self-contradictory, you've completely lost the ability to
reason, and your memory has failed. This has all happened in the course of
just a few days.

I am capable of carrying on this heated discussion with you while caring
about you at the same time, and what I see worries me. There *has* to be a
reason for this mental decline. The severity and the suddenness of its onset
point to possibly life-threatening issues. Please talk to a neurologist
SOON -- and by that I mean LESS THAN NINE HOURS FROM NOW. It's that serious.

> That is lower than low! And shows that you have very dark fantasies.

Of course it shows nothing of the sort. Even a high-school psychology
student would laugh at your assertion.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> > Why is it that everyone
> > misunderstands what I write? Perhaps I should quit being so brief!

> Hey!! I understood what you wrote the first time....... it's just some of the
> retards on here need you to draw pictures to explain things.

I'm beginning to get that impression.
People bitch and moan about long posts and not snipping.
I really do try (most of the time) to limit bandwidth.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> >> I think the main point here Gloria, is that yes, the US is a 'free
> >> country' and all US residents can say what they want.
> >>
> >> Is the President of Mexico a US citizen?

> > He's not

> Yeah, I know that....... sarcasm is just one of the many services I
> provide ;-)

;-) I know. And I find it to be one of your more endearing traits.

> > and of course he has a right to say what he wants,

> Wonder what would happen if an American got up before a nationwide
> audience in Mexico and railed against them??

Could be entertaining... but it more or less happens at local rallies in
some areas.

> > but I just
> > thought that it was rude and in incredibly bad taste,

> We had some raghead Mullah over here that used to rant and preach against
> anything Australian.
>
> He's now back in his own damn country.
>
> And we're on track to ban the Burqa.

Thank gods!

> We don't allow any of our citizens to have their face/head covered when
> they enter a public place, so that law should apply to *everyone* living
> here.

It is not allowed at local banks. I have to make sure I even leave my
sunglasses in the truck when I enter the Bank lobby. <g> The one time I
forgot, all the tellers looked really nervous!

--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> > No 'roo shanks in the pot eh? ;-)

> Actually haven't seen a roo leg roast....... probably because it'd be the
> first cut minced up as it would be incredibly tough.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

So slow cook it!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:

> >It's SWAT's job to be prepared for any eventuality and know the
> >underground trends that the general public is blissfully ignorant about.
> >Why do you have a problem with that?

> I would have a serious problem if police-generated propaganda had more
> than the minorest influence over U.S. policy.

It's hardly propaganda. I'd suggest you associate with your local
police force and get educated. Or are you too scared to do so?

> This is why we have civilian leaders in the first place. This is why
> we don't just let the generals or the heads of the CIA and FBI run the
> country. We do these things for a reason.
>

> Steve

And you have no clu' what they do on the side that the public stays
mostly ignorant of. You may note that you did not know about it... The
only reason I do is that I did some volunteer duty for the local PD and
attended some lectures as an assistant for the speakers that did the
continuing education classes for our local police departments at the
last convention.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"." > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
> > In article >,
> > "Boobie Twitiliger" > whined and cried:

> (snip the usual bullshit)
>

> > They are better than you.

> 99.9% of the population is better than that retard.... and that's giving
> retards a bad name!!
>

> > They don't resort to utterly unspeakable accusations like accusing Stu'
> > of child rape.
> >
> > That will forever make you a subterranean troll in my book.
> > At least until you choose to apologize or at least knock it the hell
> > off.

> Don't hold your breath.
>
> That last statement will be like saying to a petulant child "Stop! Don't
> do that."
>
> It's just going to put it's hands on it's hips, stamp it's little foot and
> say "No!!".
>

> > That is lower than low! And shows that you have very dark fantasies.

> Lessee........ it always makes homosexual references, is a mysoginist, and
> has fantasies of child rape.......
>
> It doesn't take a genius to realise than any male children in it's family
> are in danger.
>

> You're not going to win against the twit, Om........ it has a mental
> condition, and you can't reason with a nut job.
>
> Best thing you can do is implore Lin to get it some professional help.

I know she's not terribly happy with his current tact... Bob needs to
seriously reconsider his debate strategy. That current one is not
socially acceptable.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

> It was, and still is way over the top.
> Elitist prick is hardly on that level.
> And also not terribly creative.
> I still can't believe that you were low enough to go there.

My retaliation == my choice of what to say.

> See? there you go again. I quit playing with Salvia 4 years ago because
> I just plain lost interest in it. The only drug I abuse now is the same
> one you abuse. A nice daily cocktail to relax by. ;-)

Abuse? I generally have less than two glasses of wine (or cocktails or beers
or any alcoholic beverage) per WEEK. As I wrote in another post, there has
to be *some* reason for your sudden and severe mental decline. The most
likely answer is drugs, whether it's prescription drugs, recreational drugs,
or some accidentally-ingested substance.

> So Bob, please **** off and go play on the Freeway.

Please go see a neurologist.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter piled on stupidly:

> 99.9% of the population is better than that retard.... and that's giving
> retards a bad name!!

Interesting you'd use that particular statistic: In point of fact, my IQ is
higher than 99.9% of the rest of the population. That's how I got into the
Triple Nine Society.

I'm sorry that you think retards don't ALREADY have a bad name. It's people
like you who deny children with Downs' Syndrome the help they need to become
contributing members of society.

> Lessee........ it always makes homosexual references, is a mysoginist, and
> has fantasies of child rape.......

Let's just take those items one at a time:

1. I make homosexual references to Peter: Yes I do, because Peter is
homosexual. It's not *my* fault he's so ashamed of it.

2. I am a misogynist (note corrected spelling): Simple lie on Peter's part.
Not surprising for someone who lives a lie every day.

3. Fantasies of child rape: Another simple lie, stemming from an ignorant
belief that knowledge of atrocities is the same thing as fantasies about
those atrocities.

So ONE of Peter's statements was true, and that true one is an adverse
reflection on Peter.

> It doesn't take a genius to realise than any male children in it's family
> are in danger.

Fortunately, you're not a genius. I am.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> >> Meanwhile, you have apparently chosen to cavort with Peter the *** Blade,
> >> Projectile Vomit Lardass, and clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz.
> >> Do you take great pride in your choice of friends?

> > They are better than you.
> > They don't resort to utterly unspeakable accusations like accusing Stu'
> > of child rape.

> That was retaliation: When I am attacked and I choose to retaliate, I see no
> point in half-measures. Same thing as when I mentioned your murdering
> transients and feeding them to your father. If you attack me, you deserve
> whatever retaliation I see fit to use.

Bullshit. There are lines that you don't cross.
And it shows you to be a mental midget that can't come up with anything
creative.

And I don't think that there is a single person here that would
disagree, including Lin.

> > That will forever make you a subterranean troll in my book.
> > At least until you choose to apologize or at least knock it the hell off.

> Stu is a piece of shit. I don't give a rat's ass about your unjustified high
> opinion of him. I'm more concerned about YOU. Your behavior has been very
> disturbing recently. You seem to have some disconnect between what you write
> and what you mean, and you assume that people should know what you mean,
> even though it's not what you wrote. In this text-based medium, how is that
> possible? As I mentioned in other posts, you have turned brazenly
> hypocritical and self-contradictory, you've completely lost the ability to
> reason, and your memory has failed. This has all happened in the course of
> just a few days.

Nice try asshole. ;-)

> I am capable of carrying on this heated discussion with you while caring
> about you at the same time, and what I see worries me. There *has* to be a
> reason for this mental decline. The severity and the suddenness of its onset
> point to possibly life-threatening issues. Please talk to a neurologist
> SOON -- and by that I mean LESS THAN NINE HOURS FROM NOW. It's that serious.

You don't give a rats ass about me, or anyone but yourself and you are
delusional that stooping to criminal accusations makes you look good.
If anyone needs help, it's you!

> > That is lower than low! And shows that you have very dark fantasies.

> Of course it shows nothing of the sort. Even a high-school psychology
> student would laugh at your assertion.
>
> Bob

You have very dark fantasies Bob and everyone sees it but you. Please
seek help before you hurt some innocent child!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

>> So you think Calderon should have lied?

> No, he should have kept his mouth shut.

You seem to have lost sight of the concept of debate. When Calderon
disagrees with a US policy, it is his OBLIGATION to voice his disagreement.
If his oath of office is similar to most, he is SWORN to serve his people as
best he can.

Calderon did the honorable thing.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Om wrote:
>
> >> So you think Calderon should have lied?

> > No, he should have kept his mouth shut.

> You seem to have lost sight of the concept of debate. When Calderon
> disagrees with a US policy, it is his OBLIGATION to voice his disagreement.
> If his oath of office is similar to most, he is SWORN to serve his people as
> best he can.
>
> Calderon did the honorable thing.
>
> Bob

Calderon is an ass and is only looking for the money that all of HIS
citizens here send back to Mexico!

Money is the bottom line... It's why he makes no real efforts to control
the drug cartels and all the current murder and mayhem on the borders.

I'm sure he gets a cut of all the drug money.
--
Peace! Om

Banned

all looks good
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

>> Best thing you can do is implore Lin to get it some professional help.

> I know she's not terribly happy with his current tact... Bob needs to
> seriously reconsider his debate strategy. That current one is not
> socially acceptable.

If only your father could hold YOU accountable. Your current "strategy" is
incoherent hysteria.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

J. Clarke > wrote:

>On 5/23/2010 11:44 PM, Steve Pope wrote:

>> As I said upthread, I support allowing anyone to work wherever
>> they wish.

>Then move to the Mexico that you love so much and work there.

That's so creative. But I'm happy living in occupied Mexico.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

> Calderon is an ass and is only looking for the money that all of HIS
> citizens here send back to Mexico!
>
> Money is the bottom line... It's why he makes no real efforts to control
> the drug cartels and all the current murder and mayhem on the borders.
>
> I'm sure he gets a cut of all the drug money.

All this because I started a thread about Rick Bayless...

Everything you wrote above -- EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE -- is utter
conspiracy-theorist lunacy. I doubt that even Fox News would go so far
afield from verifiable truth.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:

> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

>> So you think Calderon should have lied?

>No, he should have kept his mouth shut.

I suppose you could say the same about Martin Luther King.

Calderon will stick to his guns. He could be in line for
the next Peace Prize. Us left-liberals will persevere against
the haters.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote:

> (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> >It's SWAT's job to be prepared for any eventuality and know the
>> >underground trends that the general public is blissfully ignorant about.
>> >Why do you have a problem with that?

>> I would have a serious problem if police-generated propaganda had more
>> than the minorest influence over U.S. policy.

>It's hardly propaganda. I'd suggest you associate with your local
>police force and get educated. Or are you too scared to do so?

I'm not attracted to cult-type thinking, sorry.

>> This is why we have civilian leaders in the first place. This is why
>> we don't just let the generals or the heads of the CIA and FBI run the
>> country. We do these things for a reason.

>And you have no clu' what they do on the side that the public stays
>mostly ignorant of. You may note that you did not know about it... The
>only reason I do is that I did some volunteer duty for the local PD and
>attended some lectures as an assistant for the speakers that did the
>continuing education classes for our local police departments at the
>last convention.

Yadda yadda, I could go through the ride-alongs and community
meetings... been to some of the latter, and I have no problem
with most of our guys in uniform but you know what? You're
talking to the lunatic fringe.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

>Om wrote:

>>> So you think Calderon should have lied?

>> No, he should have kept his mouth shut.

>You seem to have lost sight of the concept of debate. When Calderon
>disagrees with a US policy, it is his OBLIGATION to voice his disagreement.
>If his oath of office is similar to most, he is SWORN to serve his people as
>best he can.

>Calderon did the honorable thing.

Exactly. President Calderon is my hero du jour. Whiteboy Arizonans
are irrelevant.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter is still a dullard:

>> I'm happy living in occupied Mexico.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> As stated previously, the Spanish/Mexicans took the land by force from the
> Native Americans, the Mexican had a war with the Spaniards, and kept all
> the land, then they had a war with America and lost it.
>
> So basically, it's Native American land, not "occupied Mexico', which BTW
> is a little bit on the drama side.

Completely unfamiliar with the "quip" concept, aren't you, dullard?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

>Om wrote:

>> Calderon is an ass and is only looking for the money that all of HIS
>> citizens here send back to Mexico!

>> Money is the bottom line... It's why he makes no real efforts to control
>> the drug cartels and all the current murder and mayhem on the borders.
>>
>> I'm sure he gets a cut of all the drug money.

>All this because I started a thread about Rick Bayless...

>Everything you wrote above -- EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE -- is utter
>conspiracy-theorist lunacy. I doubt that even Fox News would go so far
>afield from verifiable truth.

Actually the Fox headline right now is "Mexico's Calderon knows
nothing about America".

Oh yes he knows.

Tangentially, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hildago grants full U.S.
citizenship to every Mexican who lives in the treaty areas
for one year. Could he be thinking of playing that card at
the exact right time? I tell you, this is going to backfire
on the whiteboys. Not to mention the moneyed business caste
who desparately want to shove through another amnesty.

The white losers don't know it, but they are playing with fire.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2010 1:23 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Om wrote:
>
>>> So you think Calderon should have lied?

>> No, he should have kept his mouth shut.

> You seem to have lost sight of the concept of debate. When Calderon
> disagrees with a US policy, it is his OBLIGATION to voice his
> disagreement. If his oath of office is similar to most, he is SWORN to
> serve his people as best he can.
>
> Calderon did the honorable thing.

But was it the _effective_ thing?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

.. > wrote:

>As stated previously, the Spanish/Mexicans took the land by force from the
>Native Americans, the Mexican had a war with the Spaniards, and kept all
>the land, then they had a war with America and lost it.

>So basically, it's Native American land, not "occupied Mexico'

As I said upthread, many Mexicans, particularly poorer, rural
Mexicans, are of nearly entirely Native American background.
You see more Castillian blood among the wealthier and urban
Mexicans but they are not the majority of those coming up here
to work.

The demographics are complicated. In Northern New Mexico there
are many pure Castillian rural people, as well as many pure
Native Americans.

This goes back to why I feel it is hopeless to try to fine-tune
who deserves to work where. Governments just need to bin
their entire attempts to decide such things and let the individual
decide.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote from his closet:

>> You forgot to add that they resort to ad hominems rather than
>> debate facts.

> That descibes Twitiliger perfectly.

If I want your opinion, I'll say, "What do you think, Semen-Gargler"?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2010 1:28 AM, Steve Pope wrote:
> J. > wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/2010 11:44 PM, Steve Pope wrote:

>>> As I said upthread, I support allowing anyone to work wherever
>>> they wish.

>> Then move to the Mexico that you love so much and work there.

> That's so creative. But I'm happy living in occupied Mexico.

But wouldn't you be happier if you were out from under that oppressive
government that you hate so much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 23, 5:35*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> how many of you very white people can lay your hands on your birth
> certificate? *(i have mine, but that's mostly a fluke. *and you *know what?
> it says at the top 'certificate of live birth.' *guess that means i can
> never be president.)

I can. Back when I went to Mexico 3 times to visit my exchange sister,
passports weren't required. I used my birth certificate and my state
ID. My last trip to Canada was when they had increased the requirement
to birth certificate or passport, so my sister and I both used our
birth certificates. Now, the requirement is passport or new special
ID, so I will get the new ID soon. I assume I will need to take my
birth certificate to get that new ID.