Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poached Salmon

I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at my
house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted living
facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from my FIL,
as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will help her
better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).

I've made it a few times in the past, but always with individual portions of
salmon fillet. I'd like to do a whole side of salmon to have enough to feed
a dozen, but haven't found any recipes for preparing it that way. All the
recipes involve either a whole fish or individual portions of fillet.

Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side? It would make the flow go
much better to not have to mess with trying to poach a whole fish, and I
think the presentation of a side (or two) would be much nicer than a pile of
fillets. There's also the time factor. I'm making 3 other dishes for the
party and some of them a re pretty involved.

Also any favorite dill or tarragon sauce recipes?

TIA,
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> The only reason not to poach (or preferably, braise) a large
> piece like this is not having a suitable, large enough
> container to do it in.
>
> I strongly recommend using a heavy piece of cookware with a lid,
> and starting the cooking process on the stovetop but then moving
> it to the oven once your braising/poaching liquid is simmering.
> Temperatures are more even in an oven.
>
> I usually time salmon, with about 8 minutes in the oven for
> a small piece to 12 minutes for a large piece. You might
> need as much as 14 minutes for a very large piece and if
> your diners require salmon that is cooked clear through.
>
> Steve

I'm with you. Use a large baking pan which should hold the fish. Add some
white wine (a decent one) and lemon slices. A few dill sprigs are magic.
Liquid just to cover the fish. Preheat oven to 350-275.
Salt & pepper the salmon on a platter, cover with saran wrap 30-20 minutes
before you start to cook.
Remove plastic wrap & bring to simmer on stovetop, then place in oven for
20-30 minutes. Check with a fork - if it flakes, you're done.

Best of luck - let us know how it went!

Van

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Van wrote on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:01:49 -0400:

> "Steve Pope" > wrote in message
>> The only reason not to poach (or preferably, braise) a large
>> piece like this is not having a suitable, large enough
>> container to do it in.
>>
>> I strongly recommend using a heavy piece of cookware with a
>> lid, and starting the cooking process on the stovetop but
>> then moving it to the oven once your braising/poaching liquid
>> is simmering. Temperatures are more even in an oven.
>>
>> I usually time salmon, with about 8 minutes in the oven for
>> a small piece to 12 minutes for a large piece. You might
>> need as much as 14 minutes for a very large piece and if
>> your diners require salmon that is cooked clear through.
>>
>> Steve

> I'm with you. Use a large baking pan which should hold the
> fish. Add some white wine (a decent one) and lemon slices. A few dill
> sprigs are magic. Liquid just to cover the fish. Preheat oven to
> 350-275. Salt & pepper the salmon on a
> platter, cover with saran wrap 30-20 minutes before you start to cook.
> Remove plastic wrap & bring to simmer on stovetop,
> then place in oven for 20-30 minutes. Check with a fork - if it
> flakes, you're done.

> Best of luck - let us know how it went!

Apart from getting a dish large enough, poached cold salmon with
home-made mayonnaise or aoli, some boiled new potatoes and a green salad
with good tomatoes was one of the things that Scotland always did well,
despite my comments about comparing Scottish and French cooking!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Zeppo" > wrote:

> I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at my
> house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted living
> facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from my FIL,
> as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will help her
> better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).
>
> I've made it a few times in the past, but always with individual portions of
> salmon fillet. I'd like to do a whole side of salmon to have enough to feed
> a dozen, but haven't found any recipes for preparing it that way. All the
> recipes involve either a whole fish or individual portions of fillet.
>
> Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side? It would make the flow go
> much better to not have to mess with trying to poach a whole fish, and I
> think the presentation of a side (or two) would be much nicer than a pile of
> fillets. There's also the time factor. I'm making 3 other dishes for the
> party and some of them a re pretty involved.
>
> Also any favorite dill or tarragon sauce recipes?
>
> TIA,
> Jon

I did this for dad's birthday last year. It worked for us.
Grilling time for a whole side is not going to change. It has to do
with the thickness of the salmon, not the total weight of the fish
fillet.

Fish is different from cooking other meats:

Grilled Salmon Fillet with dill and lemon:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg

24 oz. Salmon Fillet
1/4 cup dry vermouth
juice from 1 large lemon

1 tbs. dried lemon peel
1 tbs. dried dill weed
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 thinly sliced lime

Mix lemon juice and vermouth and pour over salmon fillet in a shallow
dish. Sprinkle the dill weed, lemon peel and black pepper over the fish
and then layer the lime slices over that.

Cover fairly tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to
marinate
for about 2 to 4 hours.

Sauce:

Mix:

1/4 cup dry vermouth
Juice from one lemon
1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions/green onions (pre-cooked)
2 tbs. dill pickle relish
2 tsp. dried dill weed
1 cup sour cream

Mix well and let sit in the refrigerator until the fish is done.

Remove salmon from marinade (try to keep the lime layer intact) and grill
for 5 minutes.

I use an electric grill that closes so cooks top and bottom at the same
time.

Re-heat sauce by microwaving for 3 minutes, and layer over the salmon.

Sides for this in the pic were steamed veggies with lemon pepper
including pattypan squash, sliced carrots and broccoli, and the
background was peeled,

sliced and steamed yam.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2088s9g.jpg
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 17, 10:33 am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> [snip]
> Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side?

No, not as long as you have a pan large enough to hold it.

Make a proper court bouillon for the poaching.

> Also any favorite dill or tarragon sauce recipes?

If that's what you want: peeled, seeded, diced (small) cucumber, sour
cream, tarragon vinegar, some mayo if needed for consistency. But
some people really like a good aioli with poached salmon..... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:23:19 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:
>
>> Janet,
>> OK, you talked me into it. I was avoiding doing a whole fish as it seemed
>> lot more complex and my time is at a premium, but you make it sound
>> pretty
>> easy. I have a large roasting pan that should work for the fish and a
>> mandolin to speed through the cuke slices.
>>
>> I'll let you know how it comes out.
>>
>> Thanks for everyone's feedback,

> It seems to me that doing a whole fish with skin on will make it much
> easier to transfer to your serving dish.
>
> Oven braising/poaching is my favorite way to cook salmon... I don't
> use much liquid and I cover the dish.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at least
remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an issue
when I serve it?

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
> The message
> >
> from aem > contains these words:
>
>> On Mar 17, 10:33 am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> > Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side?

> I'd poach the whole fish; you;ll get a better flavour and texture.
>
>> No, not as long as you have a pan large enough to hold it.

> For a small enough fish you can improvise in a roasting tin ( lay
> the whole fish diagonally, or curve it.)
> I poached whole salmon (and trout) that way for years until I found
> a SS fish kettle in the sales.
>
> Don;t skimp making the courtbouillon (always from fresh; no stock
> cubes ) and use a dry wine you could bear to drink, not "cheapest
> rotgut". The court bouillon should cover the fish; bring it slowly
> and gently to a simmer. Keep an eye on it. as soon as bubbles start to
> break, simmer for 5 mins ONLY, remove the pan from the heat, cover,
> and leave the fish undisturbed until the liquid is cold. Trust me the
> fish will be perfectly cooked in the residual heat. When cooked lift
> out the fish and chill.
> To dress, the body skin on top will easily peel off leaving the
> beautiful colour of the flesh. Decorate with rows of fine-cut
> overlapping cucumber rings all around the fish and one row down the
> centre of the body. I leave the head on but decorated with a bit of
> pimento or an olive for its eye hole. Garnish the platter with plenty
> of cut lemon wedges for guests to help themselves. Serve any mayo
> /dressing separately (must be home made).
> You can boil the saved court bouillon liquid to greatly reduce it
> and make a glaze to brush over the fish ; I don't bother.
>
> Janet (Scotland)

Janet,
OK, you talked me into it. I was avoiding doing a whole fish as it seemed a
lot more complex and my time is at a premium, but you make it sound pretty
easy. I have a large roasting pan that should work for the fish and a
mandolin to speed through the cuke slices.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Thanks for everyone's feedback,
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:23:19 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:

> Janet,
> OK, you talked me into it. I was avoiding doing a whole fish as it seemed a
> lot more complex and my time is at a premium, but you make it sound pretty
> easy. I have a large roasting pan that should work for the fish and a
> mandolin to speed through the cuke slices.
>
> I'll let you know how it comes out.
>
> Thanks for everyone's feedback,

It seems to me that doing a whole fish with skin on will make it much
easier to transfer to your serving dish.

Oven braising/poaching is my favorite way to cook salmon... I don't
use much liquid and I cover the dish.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Zeppo" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
> least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an
> issue when I serve it?

No, don't. When it is done you may remove the spine and ribs very carefully
if you feel confident, but it may end up looking horrid if you do. Surely
people know salmon has bones you need to avoid? To remove all the pin bones
you'd have to wreck the fish, so the spine is the most you could do anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo > wrote:

> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the
> fish, or at least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If
> I don't will bones be an issue when I serve it?

Bones are always an issue with salmon.

I braise salmon filets or sides with the skin on and bones in
and then when it is cooked, I remove the skin and pull out all
the main vertebrae and associated little rib bones.
If you start at one end (I forget whether it is head
or tail) they pull right out basically in one piece.
This works best if the fish was very fresh.

I then look over the result, and pull out any individual bones
I missed... spending no more than a minute or so at this.

Some bones may remain.

If any diners are not capable of noticing and avoiding
the remaining stray bones, as cook you may want to pick over their
portions extra careful.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:59:50 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:

> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at least
> remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an issue
> when I serve it?

No, you don't need to debone. It's easier if you do it after anyway.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:42:04 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> This is one of the things that really annoys me--people who act like
>> every
>> piece of bone or skin or fat must be removed from everything before it
>> hits
>> their plate. Morons.

> He has an elderly couple coming over. Their eyesight may not be good
> enough to see the tiny bones.
>

> QUOTE:
>
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:33:32 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:
>
>> I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at
>> my
>> house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted
>> living
>> facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from my
>> FIL,
>> as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will help her
>> better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).

> FYI: I hate bones in anything, including steak.

See, I'd be in big trouble if I called them elderly. My FIL thinks 87 is
middle age. :-)

I hope for his sake he's right.
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "Zeppo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
>> least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an
>> issue when I serve it?

> No, don't. When it is done you may remove the spine and ribs very
> carefully if you feel confident, but it may end up looking horrid if you
> do. Surely people know salmon has bones you need to avoid?

This is one of the things that really annoys me--people who act like every
piece of bone or skin or fat must be removed from everything before it hits
their plate. Morons.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo wrote:

> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
> least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be
> an issue when I serve it?

If you buy a whole salmon, or if you buy salmon steaks, you will have to
worry about bones. If you buy salmon that looks like this, there should
not be any bones.

http://www.toyojp.com/propic/200691812525871578.jpg

The salmon will become thin towards the tail end of the fish, so just
fold it under the fish to make that end a little thicker, this way it
will not dry out when you cook it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Zeppo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
>>> least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be
>>> an issue when I serve it?

>> No, don't. When it is done you may remove the spine and ribs very
>> carefully if you feel confident, but it may end up looking horrid if you
>> do. Surely people know salmon has bones you need to avoid?

> This is one of the things that really annoys me--people who act like every
> piece of bone or skin or fat must be removed from everything before it
> hits their plate. Morons.

Look Sunshine, I've never poached a whole salmon before. The few recipes
I've seen online said to remove the backbone and pin bones. That's why I
asked. Personally, I don't worry about bones in fish, but I thought maybe
there was a good reason.

Take a pill.
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "Zeppo" > contains these words:
>

>> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
>> least
>> remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an issue
>> when I serve it?

> I don't. I serve the upper side of the fish first; (helpings just
> lift off the bones). When the backbone is all exposed, make sure its
> detached behind the head then lift off the entire backbone with bones
> attached.
> Leaving the lower side of the fish ready to serve.
>
> Cooking it with the bones in improves the flavour IMO; and certainly
> the appearance.
>
> Janet

Thanks Janet. That's the info I was looking for.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> This is one of the things that really annoys me--people who act like every
> piece of bone or skin or fat must be removed from everything before it hits
> their plate. Morons.

He has an elderly couple coming over. Their eyesight may not be good
enough to see the tiny bones.

QUOTE:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:33:32 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:

> I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at my
> house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted living
> facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from my FIL,
> as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will help her
> better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).

FYI: I hate bones in anything, including steak.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 18, 9:36 am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> "Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message

> > The message >
> > from "Zeppo" > contains these words:

> >> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the fish, or at
> >> least
> >> remove the backbone, before I poach it? If I don't will bones be an issue
> >> when I serve it?

> > I don't. I serve the upper side of the fish first; (helpings just
> > lift off the bones). When the backbone is all exposed, make sure its
> > detached behind the head then lift off the entire backbone with bones
> > attached.
> > Leaving the lower side of the fish ready to serve.

> > Cooking it with the bones in improves the flavour IMO; and certainly
> > the appearance.

> > Janet

> Thanks Janet. That's the info I was looking for.

It's a little more trouble, but not much, to remove the pin bones
before poaching. Then serve as Janet describes. This is a pretty
good description of how to get those pesky pin bones. Your diners
will appreciate it. -aem

http://www.culinate.com/columns/ask_...ones_from_fish

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>He has an elderly couple coming over. Their eyesight may not be good
>enough to see the tiny bones.

Yes, this is why I suggested manually removing bones (post-cooking)
from the salmon being served to sensitive individuals.

Janet's suggestion of eating one side of the fish, then
pulling out the bones, then eating the other side of the
fish is a very good one, probably the least work, but might not work
for all serving scenarios.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:44:41 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, Becca
> wrote,
>The salmon will become thin towards the tail end of the fish, so just
>fold it under the fish to make that end a little thicker, this way it
>will not dry out when you cook it.

Good tip, as opposed to Chris Kimball who says to chop the thin part off
(and do what with it?)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"aem" > wrote in message
> On Mar 18, 9:36 am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
>> "Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message

>> > The message >
>> > from "Zeppo" > contains these words:

>> > I don't. I serve the upper side of the fish first; (helpings just
>> > lift off the bones). When the backbone is all exposed, make sure its
>> > detached behind the head then lift off the entire backbone with bones
>> > attached.
>> > Leaving the lower side of the fish ready to serve.

>> > Cooking it with the bones in improves the flavour IMO; and certainly
>> > the appearance.

>> > Janet

>> Thanks Janet. That's the info I was looking for.
>>

> It's a little more trouble, but not much, to remove the pin bones
> before poaching. Then serve as Janet describes. This is a pretty
> good description of how to get those pesky pin bones. Your diners
> will appreciate it. -aem
>
> http://www.culinate.com/columns/ask_...ones_from_fish

Oooo, a new kitchen tool, a fish-bone tweezers.

Thanks for the link!
Jon

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:42:04 -0400:

> "Giusi" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Zeppo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>>> Rats, I just thought of something. Do I need to d-bone the
>>> fish, or at least remove the backbone, before I poach it? If
>>> I don't will bones be an issue when I serve it?

>> No, don't. When it is done you may remove the spine and ribs
>> very carefully if you feel confident, but it may end up
>> looking horrid if you do. Surely people know salmon has
>> bones you need to avoid?

I'm afraid that I am among those people who dislike having to disect
salmon to remove bones. That should be done by the server, IMHO. I'm not
enthusiastic about fat and salmon skin either. Don't bother telling me
that Salmon skin rolls are acceptable sushi, not for me!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> I'm afraid that I am among those people who dislike having to disect
> salmon to remove bones. That should be done by the server, IMHO. I'm not
> enthusiastic about fat and salmon skin either. Don't bother telling me
> that Salmon skin rolls are acceptable sushi, not for me!

My dogs love salmon skin and AFAIAC they are welcome to it. I love
salmon, but not the skin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:02:20 -0400, "Zeppo" > wrote:

> > http://www.culinate.com/columns/ask_...ones_from_fish

> Oooo, a new kitchen tool, a fish-bone tweezers.

That's what I thought too, but darned if I can remember seeing one.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Zeppo" > wrote in message
> I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at
> my house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted
> living facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from
> my FIL, as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will
> help her better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).
>
> I've made it a few times in the past, but always with individual portions
> of salmon fillet. I'd like to do a whole side of salmon to have enough to
> feed a dozen, but haven't found any recipes for preparing it that way. All
> the recipes involve either a whole fish or individual portions of fillet.
>
> Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side? It would make the flow
> go much better to not have to mess with trying to poach a whole fish, and
> I think the presentation of a side (or two) would be much nicer than a
> pile of fillets. There's also the time factor. I'm making 3 other dishes
> for the party and some of them a re pretty involved.
>
> Also any favorite dill or tarragon sauce recipes?
>
> TIA,
> Jon

I love salmon, but cook it by steaming. I use the standard West Bend
electric wok, and cook it on a grate over water. I can season it on the
grate, then place the grate over boiling water. Seasoning can be put on the
fish or in the water, and it transfers. I use my wok a lot to cook fish,
and it is good, because it will cook fragile types of fish without it
falling apart. Might be an option for you. Perhaps you have a larger fry
pan with lid and racks can be had at the 99 cent store cheap.

Just an alternative.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:51:19 -0400, Zeppo wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> He has an elderly couple coming over. Their eyesight may not be good
>> enough to see the tiny bones.
>>

> See, I'd be in big trouble if I called them elderly. My FIL thinks 87 is
> middle age. :-)
>
> I hope for his sake he's right.
> Jon

i think the accepted formula is 'elderly' equals anyone twenty years older
than you are.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:50:20 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:51:19 -0400, Zeppo wrote:
>
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> He has an elderly couple coming over. Their eyesight may not be good
> >> enough to see the tiny bones.
> >>

> > See, I'd be in big trouble if I called them elderly. My FIL thinks 87 is
> > middle age. :-)
> >
> > I hope for his sake he's right.
> > Jon

> i think the accepted formula is 'elderly' equals anyone twenty years older
> than you are.

OK, a couple of youngsters with bad eyesight who might choke on a
fishbone. Is everybody happy now?

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet

I see your gallery is slowly growing. :-)
I really do like your dishware. Subtle and decorative.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:19:24 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet

> I see your gallery is slowly growing. :-)
> I really do like your dishware. Subtle and decorative.

thanks

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/sf.usenet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote:

> Surely people know salmon has bones you need to avoid?

I had a girlfriend that had to have a (restaurant served fish)
fishbone surgically/medically removed from her throat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07 Apr 2010 18:29:46 GMT, John Doe > wrote:

> "Giusi" > wrote:
>
> > Surely people know salmon has bones you need to avoid?

> I had a girlfriend that had to have a (restaurant served fish)
> fishbone surgically/medically removed from her throat.

At least salmon's bones are big enough that you can spit them out
before you swallow. But that's another reason why I don't like
freshwater fish... to many little bones you don't really know about
until you swallow. Sea fish don't have those fine bones, at least the
sea fish I eat don't.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Doe" > wrote in message
> "Giusi" > wrote:
>
>> Surely people know salmon has bones you need to avoid?

> I had a girlfriend

This is already unbelievable.

Poached Salmon redux Zeppo General Cooking 9 24-03-2010 03:48 AM
Crock-Pot Poached Salmon International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 12-01-2008 07:18 PM
Tea Poached Wild Salmon Anna Tea 0 06-02-2007 09:00 PM
Rec: Poached Salmon Andrea2 Diabetic 12 18-04-2006 07:12 PM
Foolproof Poached Salmon Betsy Recipes (moderated) 0 04-01-2006 06:35 AM