Posted to rec.food.cooking
Zeppo[_2_] Zeppo[_2_] is offline

Default Poached Salmon

I'm hosting a 60th anniversary celebration for my in-laws this Sunday at my
house. We're bringing them over for a rare trip out of the assisted living
facility they are in. I just got a request for poached Salmon from my FIL,
as it is one of my MIL's favorite dishes, and he thinks it will help her
better enjoy the event (she has fairly progresses Alzheimer's).

I've made it a few times in the past, but always with individual portions of
salmon fillet. I'd like to do a whole side of salmon to have enough to feed
a dozen, but haven't found any recipes for preparing it that way. All the
recipes involve either a whole fish or individual portions of fillet.

Is there a reason I shouldn't poach a whole side? It would make the flow go
much better to not have to mess with trying to poach a whole fish, and I
think the presentation of a side (or two) would be much nicer than a pile of
fillets. There's also the time factor. I'm making 3 other dishes for the
party and some of them a re pretty involved.

Also any favorite dill or tarragon sauce recipes?

TIA,
Jon