Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made some terrific chocolate chip cookies today.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2j63jp2.jpg

I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg

I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
all itself.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg

I just might bake cookies more often.

Here's the recipe I used. They are moist and chewy.
@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Chocolate Chip Cookies

cookies

1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet butter; softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325°F. for giant cookies; 350°F for regular cookies.
Grease a cookie sheet.
Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs
and vanilla and mix well.
Sift dry ingredients together and stir in, mixing thoroughly. Add
chocolate chips to batter, and form cookies according to method for
giant cookies.
Bake on the prepared cookie sheet, on the middle rack, for 15 to 17
minutes for giant cookies; 8 to 10 minutes for regular cookies. Remove
from oven while centers are slightly soft. Cool on the baking sheet
for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a rack to cool
completely.
25 cookies, 5 inches across, or about 80 regular cookies.

Variations:
Add 1 cup chopped walnuts
Add 1 cup unsalted peanuts
Add 1 cup shredded coconut
Substitute 1 teaspoon mint extract for the vanilla extract.

Notes: The Silver Palate Cookbook

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> I made some terrific chocolate chip cookies today.
> http://i42.tinypic.com/2j63jp2.jpg
>
> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg
>
> I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
> all itself.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg
>
> I just might bake cookies more often.
>
> Here's the recipe I used. They are moist and chewy.
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Chocolate Chip Cookies

You are cheating. <g>

Seriously, those look delicious!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:28:31 -0700, koko > wrote:

> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg
>
> I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
> all itself.
> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg

<turning green>

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:28:31 -0700, koko > wrote:
>

>> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
>> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg
>>
>> I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
>> all itself.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg
>>

> <turning green>

Stop tempting me, woman! Hey, my blade does not work as well as yours,
I have to scrape the sides of my bowl.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:11:07 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:28:31 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>

>>> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
>>> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg
>>>
>>> I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
>>> all itself.
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg
>>>

>> <turning green>
>>

>Stop tempting me, woman! Hey, my blade does not work as well as yours,
>I have to scrape the sides of my bowl.

You can tweak your bowl height stop so that there is less blade
clearence... user manual should explain. You want to lessen the space
but there should be no physical contact or the scraping blades will
wear much quicker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:43:54 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>

>> I made some terrific chocolate chip cookies today.
>> http://i42.tinypic.com/2j63jp2.jpg
>>
>> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
>> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg
>>
>> I didn't have to scrape down the sides of the bowl once. It does it
>> all itself.
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2ql7v9u.jpg
>>
>> I just might bake cookies more often.
>>
>> Here's the recipe I used. They are moist and chewy.
>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>> Chocolate Chip Cookies

>You are cheating. <g>
>
>Seriously, those look delicious!

They were seriously terrific, I'm tellin' ya!

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 03/15/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In news:rec.food.cooking, koko > posted on Tue, 16 Mar
2010 21:28:31 -0700 the following:

> I made some terrific chocolate chip cookies today.
> http://i42.tinypic.com/2j63jp2.jpg
>
> I used the new beater blade on the mixer. Dang, is that thing slick
> http://i40.tinypic.com/nqxvlk.jpg

That's the only way I'll do cookie dough. What's the point of wearing out
your wrist and fingers trying to use a spoon because some chuckle-headed
chef says it makes a better cookie if you work the cookie dough with a
spoon?

Same thing with meatloaf. I use that kind of attachment for my Kitchen
Aid mixer to make meatloaf. Everything I put into it gets distributed
evenly, and I don't end up with raw meat all over my hands. I see my
method as having a positive benefit. I use the same method for making
tuna/salmon patties, too.

Damaeus