Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hard Boiled Eggs.......

At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I curse!.....

I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw

--
Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

"Happiness is never an accident. It is the prize we get when we choose
wisely from life's great stores"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bigbazza" .> wrote in news:7up2maFm0eU1
@mid.individual.net:

> At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
> egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I

curse!.....

> I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
> chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
> this here?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw

Oh man!! I've gotta try that!!! :-)

BTW, whaddaya need a wine aerator for (besides blowing bubbles in your
wine, that is)?

What first springs to mind is that you've got some really big old wines
there that need a couple hours 'breathing', and you want to cheat. I've
heard the aerators only take a couple of mins to do the same job :-)

If that's the case, save them till May..... I'll be down in Sidiknee for a
week and I'll help you see if the aerators work ;-P

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bigbazza" .> wrote:

> At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
> egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I curse!.....
>
> I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
> chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
> this here?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw
>
> --
> Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

I've seen this a few times, but never tried it. I'm curious too!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bigbazza" .> wrote in message
> At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
> egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I curse!.....
>
> I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
> chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
> this here?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw

Not yet, but hard-boiled eggs are on today's kitchen agenda. Will report.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-02-26, Felice > wrote:

> Not yet, but hard-boiled eggs are on today's kitchen agenda. Will report.
>
> Felice

Please do. I thought my way was surefire, but half my last batch of
h/b eggs were a peeling disaster. I may do some eggs today jes to try
it.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 10:20*am, notbob > wrote:

> > Not yet, but hard-boiled eggs are on today's kitchen agenda. Will report.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/25/2010 11:57 PM, Bigbazza wrote:
> At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
> egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I curse!.....
>
> I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
> chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
> this here?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw

I put eggs in pan right out of refrig. add cool water, bring to simmer
and then simmer for ten minutes after coming to simmer, then using a
slotted spoon, take hot eggs out of pan, running tepid water over egg to
protect my fingers proceed to peel and usually have no problems peeling.
Carefully working off the membrane which may have stuck to white.

--
regards, mike
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> On 2/25/2010 11:57 PM, Bigbazza wrote:
> > At times there appear to be many different ways to 'Peel' a hard boiled
> > egg...I have my own way that sometimes works and at others, I curse!.....
> >
> > I was on Youtube a few mins ago, I was checking out 'Wine Aerators' but
> > chanced upon this method shown on this 1 min video..... Has anyone tried
> > this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2gYHJNT3Y&feature=fvw

> I put eggs in pan right out of refrig. add cool water, bring to simmer
> and then simmer for ten minutes after coming to simmer, then using a
> slotted spoon, take hot eggs out of pan, running tepid water over egg to
> protect my fingers proceed to peel and usually have no problems peeling.
> Carefully working off the membrane which may have stuck to white.

First, I for my method, the sooner you cool the egg after boiling the easier
it peels. This is how I peel an egg...
After I boil them I rinse till I can hold them without getting burned. Then
I roll the egg around (like making a meatball) on the cutting board with my
palm. I apply enough pressure to shatter the shell all the way around without
breaking the membrane if possible. Usually after that if you tear the membrane
open, the shell will peel off in one piece like a ripe tangerine If you do it
right, there is no shell left at all on the egg. I hope that makes sense.

Scotty
--
Can I haz Cheezeburger?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Feb 26, 10:20*am, notbob > wrote:
> > On 2010-02-26, Felice > wrote:
> >
> > > Not yet, but hard-boiled eggs are on today's kitchen agenda. Will report.

> > > Felice

> > Please do. *I thought my way was surefire, but half my last batch of
> > h/b eggs were a peeling disaster. *I may do some eggs today jes to try
> > it.
> >
> > nb

> The "peeling eggs" horse has been beaten to death so many times, it
> doesn't have any last legs left.
>
> Older eggs peel well, no matter what the method; fresh eggs don't.
> That's all you need to know.
>
> N.

And steaming fresher eggs also seems to help peeling. That's why that
microwave egg cooker works so well. It steams them.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Feb 26, 10:20*am, notbob > wrote:
> > On 2010-02-26, Felice > wrote:
> >
> > > Not yet, but hard-boiled eggs are on today's kitchen agenda. Will report.

> > > Felice

> > Please do. *I thought my way was surefire, but half my last batch of
> > h/b eggs were a peeling disaster. *I may do some eggs today jes to try
> > it.
> >
> > nb

> The "peeling eggs" horse has been beaten to death so many times, it
> doesn't have any last legs left.
>
> Older eggs peel well, no matter what the method; fresh eggs don't.
> That's all you need to know.
>
> N.

Ranee is right tho' that steaming even fresh eggs seems to work well.
I used to have my own chickens also. But I generally plan ahead when
making HB eggs for whatever recipe and "age" them by leaving them at
room temp for 3 or 4 days. Works like a charm and they do NOT spoil:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/DeviledEggs#5375761936646757970>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> Ranee is right tho' that steaming even fresh eggs seems to work well.
> I used to have my own chickens also. But I generally plan ahead when
> making HB eggs for whatever recipe and "age" them by leaving them at
> room temp for 3 or 4 days. Works like a charm and they do NOT spoil:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/DeviledEggs#5375761936646757970>

If I am going to boil eggs, I l will leave them on the counter for 2-3
days before I cook them. My mother and my grandmother were raised on a
farm and they never refrigerated their eggs or butter. My butter is at
room temperature, but we go through it pretty fast. I refrigerate my
eggs unless I am going to boil them.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Becca >
wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > Ranee is right tho' that steaming even fresh eggs seems to work well.
> > I used to have my own chickens also. But I generally plan ahead when
> > making HB eggs for whatever recipe and "age" them by leaving them at
> > room temp for 3 or 4 days. Works like a charm and they do NOT spoil:
> >
> > <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/DeviledEggs#5375761936646757970>
> >

> If I am going to boil eggs, I l will leave them on the counter for 2-3
> days before I cook them. My mother and my grandmother were raised on a
> farm and they never refrigerated their eggs or butter. My butter is at
> room temperature, but we go through it pretty fast. I refrigerate my
> eggs unless I am going to boil them.
>

> Becca

Well, one can always cheat. I have actually bought these when needed in
a hurry for a recipe and they are priced reasonably locally imho. ;-)

<http://www.egglandsbest.com/egglands-eggs/hard-cooked-peeled.aspx>

They are perfect every time, even to the yolk color.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: