Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to use up half a can of condensed milk?

In article >,
"Van" > wrote:

> Mashed Potatoes (w/salt, pepper & butter), Creamed Spinach (use fresh or
> frozen w/dash of nutmeg), Creamed Corn (canned works fine). Add a spash to
> chicken gravy.
>
> Easy peasy.
>
> Vann

Surely you're thinking of evaporated milk (no sugar), Vann‹I can't
imagine condensed milk in mashed potatoes.. Condensed milk has sugar in
it and is thick and viscous. Evaporated milk pours like heavy cream
(maybe 4% butterfat?)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Van" > wrote:
>
>> Mashed Potatoes (w/salt, pepper & butter), Creamed Spinach (use fresh or
>> frozen w/dash of nutmeg), Creamed Corn (canned works fine). Add a spash to
>> chicken gravy.
>>
>> Easy peasy.
>>
>> Vann

> Surely you're thinking of evaporated milk (no sugar), Vann‹I can't
> imagine condensed milk in mashed potatoes.. Condensed milk has sugar in
> it and is thick and viscous. Evaporated milk pours like heavy cream
> (maybe 4% butterfat?)

Evaporated milk, aka unsweetened condensed milk, comes in all varieties
from skim to high butterfat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Evaporated milk, aka unsweetened condensed milk, comes in all varieties
> from skim to high butterfat.

I usually buy the skim; have you ever seen it labeled as unsweetened
condensed milk?

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Dom Schallerovych 2-10-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
>> Evaporated milk, aka unsweetened condensed milk, comes in all varieties
>> from skim to high butterfat.

> I usually buy the skim; have you ever seen it labeled as unsweetened
> condensed milk?

Nope, but that's exactly what it is.