Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Default Sandra Lee of 'Sandra Lee Celebrates: Winter Wonderland Party'

By Jacqueline Cutler

Sandra Lee's TV shows and books teach how to assemble a meal using
prepared and fresh ingredients because she understands what most
working women crave - another few hours in the day.

Her recipes, table settings and wardrobe reflect this efficiency, with
an eye toward making a pretty presentation with the least amount of
fuss.

Lee was having the kitchen redone in her New York home as she talked
about her outfits and her HGTV special, Sandra Lee Celebrates: Winter
Wonderland Party Saturday, Dec. 19.

"Normally I dumb it down for TV as opposed to what I do for me," she
says. [Is SLop saying her audience is stupid?] "I never wear my tops
too low. People on TV, we are role models. We are the June Cleavers
and Carol Bradys that all the kids want to know about and be about. If
you want to be 'Housewives of Atlanta,' that's not a good role model.
That doesn't mean you don't do your hair and makeup and doll yourself
up. It matters how low your pants are and how low your tops are." [She
has GOT to be KIDDING, right? The Real Housewives look demure when
compared to what SLop wears!]

Still, Lee recognizes, "You don't want to be frumpy. By cooking this
way and by living this lifestyle you do have time to be your pretty
self. You look good because you should look good."
She favors jeans and wears Rock & Republic jeans. At 5 feet 9 1/2
inches tall, Lee needs pants that are cut long enough, and these and
Twisted Heart jeans work well for her. She also wears a lot of Juicy
Couture. [cough*cough*sluttyclothes*cough]

For tops she loves Elie Tahari.

"They are an incredible investment because we are being so hit with
this economy people are looking for clothes that are not one-season
wonders," she says.
Lee was wearing a New Moon shirt from The Twilight series.

She enjoys dressing up in Badgley Mischka evening frocks.

"I love formal, formal or casual elegant," Lee says. "I love sweats.
If I could live in sweats pants I would. The best are Juicy and
Abercrombie."

Since she's on her feet all day when cooking, Lee wears comfortable
shoes, such as Reeboks. On air, she tends toward flats such as Tod's
and has a weakness for "a beautiful pair of Chanel flats. I also love
Tory Burch."

Lee's HGTV specials concentrate on entertaining for the holidays, and
many women want to coordinate their outfits to the table and the
evening's overall theme, she says.

She suggests making different size cakes, icing them in white frosting
and placing them in the center for an interesting and edible
centerpiece. Place white votive candles and flocked branches on the
table.

To complete the winter wonderland theme look, Lee recommends the
hostess wear a cream-colored sweater and pearls, looking elegant, and
none of it should be too expensive or too fussy.
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

On Dec 25, 9:09*pm, Ubiquitous > wrote:
> [...]
> Abercrombie."
>
> Since she's on her feet all day when cooking, Lee wears comfortable
> shoes, such as Reeboks. On air, she tends toward flats such as Tod's
> and has a weakness for "a beautiful pair of Chanel flats. I also love
> Tory Burch."
>
> Lee's HGTV specials concentrate on entertaining for the holidays, and
> many women want to coordinate their outfits to the table and the
> evening's overall theme, she says.
>
> She suggests making different size cakes, icing them in white frosting
> and placing them in the center for an interesting and edible
> centerpiece. Place white votive candles and flocked branches on the
> table.
>
> To complete the winter wonderland theme look, Lee recommends the
> hostess wear a cream-colored sweater and pearls, looking elegant, and
> none of it should be too expensive or too fussy.

Sandra Lee is to canned foods what Thomas Keller is to tasty food.