The Joneses

Default Here's a site on making herbed vinegars

"Bob (this one)" wrote:

> Nancree wrote:
> > http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...les/SP401B.pdf
> > Nancree

> This guy has never made infused vinegars. ... Here's the copy on one of my old
> propaganda sheets. Pastorio's (clipped fabulous reading)

That was real nice reading Bob. Made me want to go buy all of it, except I got
a couple or three bottles of stuff in the fridge that need using up first. Last
year I made a bottle of white wine vinegar with bay leaf (I barely simmer for 20
min, bottle 1 week in fridge, replace herbs with fresh & keep in fridge). The
bay leaf is very assertive and interesting. Now if I could find more use for
it...or maybe a combo that would complement the bay. I use it on beans and
greens the way it is.
Edrena

The Joneses

"Bob (this one)" wrote:

> Nancree wrote:
> > http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...les/SP401B.pdf
> > Nancree

> This guy has never made infused vinegars. ... Here's the copy on one of my old
> propaganda sheets. Pastorio's (clipped fabulous reading)

That was real nice reading Bob. Made me want to go buy all of it, except I got
a couple or three bottles of stuff in the fridge that need using up first. Last
year I made a bottle of white wine vinegar with bay leaf (I barely simmer for 20
min, bottle 1 week in fridge, replace herbs with fresh & keep in fridge). The
bay leaf is very assertive and interesting. Now if I could find more use for
it...or maybe a combo that would complement the bay. I use it on beans and
greens the way it is.
Edrena

Bob (this one)

The Joneses wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" wrote:
>
>>Nancree wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...les/SP401B.pdf
>>>Nancree

>>This guy has never made infused vinegars. ... Here's the copy on one of my old
>>propaganda sheets. Pastorio's (clipped fabulous reading)

> That was real nice reading Bob. Made me want to go buy all of it, except I got
> a couple or three bottles of stuff in the fridge that need using up first. Last
> year I made a bottle of white wine vinegar with bay leaf (I barely simmer for 20
> min, bottle 1 week in fridge, replace herbs with fresh & keep in fridge). The
> bay leaf is very assertive and interesting. Now if I could find more use for
> it...or maybe a combo that would complement the bay. I use it on beans and
> greens the way it is.

Take them out of the fridge. They're shelf-stable. Put them in a dark
place not near a heat source. They'll last for years.

Put two or three cloves of garlic in there. A good sprig of thyme and
one of rosemary. Maybe 2 tablespoons black peppercorns. Then try it on
greens. With all that solid material in there, as you use the vinegar,
top it back up with any vinegar you've got. I'd stay away from too
much white vinegar because it doesn't add any flavor to the mix beyond
the acetic acid.

Pastorio

Sausage making web site ceed Barbecue 5 16-07-2009 04:50 AM
(2008-02-19) New survey on the RFC site: Making Chili? ChattyCathy General Cooking 30 20-02-2008 10:51 PM
Pizza Making Site Scott[_11_] General Cooking 0 14-11-2007 09:44 PM
Good Web site for cheese making Arri London General Cooking 4 28-10-2007 02:01 AM
I'm making a Flexitarian site. That One Guy Vegan 79 18-09-2004 07:01 PM