Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good Web site for cheese making

Some of you already know this site. The recipes all seem to work as
written.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Arri London wrote:

> Some of you already know this site. The recipes all seem to work as
> written.
>
> http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

Thanks for reminding me. I found that some time ago and tried a few
recipes, even built a pneumatic cheese press. With the cold weather
coming to limit my outdoor activities I should try some more cheesy
experiments...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." wrote:

> Arri London wrote:
> >
> > Some of you already know this site. The recipes all seem to work as
> > written.
> >
> > http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

> Thanks for reminding me. I found that some time ago and tried a few
> recipes, even built a pneumatic cheese press. With the cold weather
> coming to limit my outdoor activities I should try some more cheesy
> experiments...

Made the ricotta last night although used a recipe we already had at
home. Not the real thing of course made from re-cooked whey but just
warmed milk plus lemon juice. Tastes good but should have let it drip
out a bit more.

Using the whey (neutralised with a little baking soda) to make bread as
we speak/write.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Arri London" > wrote in message

> "Pete C." wrote:
>>
>> Arri London wrote:
>> >
>> > Some of you already know this site. The recipes all seem to work as
>> > written.
>> >
>> > http://biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese.html

>> Thanks for reminding me. I found that some time ago and tried a few
>> recipes, even built a pneumatic cheese press. With the cold weather
>> coming to limit my outdoor activities I should try some more cheesy
>> experiments...

> Made the ricotta last night although used a recipe we already had at
> home. Not the real thing of course made from re-cooked whey but just
> warmed milk plus lemon juice. Tastes good but should have let it drip
> out a bit more.
>
> Using the whey (neutralised with a little baking soda) to make bread as
> we speak/write.

Is this the exact recipe you used for making the ricotta - I'd like to make
some "no fail."
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...RICOTTA_00.HTM

I usually use the whey (from making paneer) to make yeasted bread. But I'd
like to make some ricotta from it instead.
Thanks.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" wrote:

> "Arri London" > wrote in message

> >> Thanks for reminding me. I found that some time ago and tried a few
> >> recipes, even built a pneumatic cheese press. With the cold weather
> >> coming to limit my outdoor activities I should try some more cheesy
> >> experiments...

> > Made the ricotta last night although used a recipe we already had at
> > home. Not the real thing of course made from re-cooked whey but just
> > warmed milk plus lemon juice. Tastes good but should have let it drip
> > out a bit more.
> >
> > Using the whey (neutralised with a little baking soda) to make bread as
> > we speak/write.

> Is this the exact recipe you used for making the ricotta - I'd like to make
> some "no fail."
> http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...RICOTTA_00.HTM
>
> I usually use the whey (from making paneer) to make yeasted bread. But I'd
> like to make some ricotta from it instead.
> Thanks.
> Dee Dee

Ummm...no that isn't the recipe I used. That's 'real' ricotta; what I
made was just milk heated up then curdled with lemon juice. Texture is
the same but the flavour of course is different.

But go ahead and use Fankhauser's recipe. They are all tested thoroughly
so they really are 'no fail'.

The bread turned out very nice!

Sausage making web site ceed Barbecue 5 16-07-2009 04:50 AM
Pizza Making Site Scott[_11_] General Cooking 0 14-11-2007 08:44 PM
Good site for making spaghetti sauce and lasagna Scott[_11_] General Cooking 1 17-06-2007 05:47 PM
Here's a site on making herbed vinegars The Joneses General Cooking 2 12-10-2004 04:23 AM
I'm making a Flexitarian site. That One Guy Vegan 79 18-09-2004 07:01 PM