Old 01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
byakee

Default [OT] Food Related Band Names

I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

Or here, for the newsreader impaired:

http://tinyurl.com/5dl72

Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
I'm drawing a blank...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF

Old 01-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Nancy Young

byakee wrote:
that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
I'm drawing a blank...

Humble Pie!

(giggling) I'll stop now.

nancy

Old 01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Julia Altshuler

Phish.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Julia Altshuler

Phish.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Nancy Young

Julia Altshuler wrote:

Phish.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

nancy (who will really try to stop this behavior right now)
Old 01-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Nancy Young

Old 01-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Mike Pearce

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

Julia Altshuler wrote:

Phish.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Jelly Roll Morton's band was called the Red Hot Peppers.

For years the name of my band was The Boudin Masters. We are about to start
gigging again now that I, once again, live in the same city as my
co-founder. We stole the name from a closed down butcher shop in Lake
Charles, Louisiana.

A friend of mine used to have a band called The Three Muscatels. Not exactly
food, but close enough. I wish I'd thought of that name first.

-Mike

Old 01-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Michael Odom

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:

I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

Or here, for the newsreader impaired:

http://tinyurl.com/5dl72

Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
I'm drawing a blank...

The Morells
http://www.slewfootrecords.com/artist.asp?ID=6

http://www.themorells.com/

Okay they spelled it differently, but you could really dance to them.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore