FoodBanter.com

-   -   [OT] Food Related Band Names (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/29947-ot-food-related-band.html)

byakee 01-08-2004 07:40 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

Or here, for the newsreader impaired:

http://tinyurl.com/5dl72

Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
I'm drawing a blank...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:49 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

byakee wrote:

> I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> you like hard rock, you can get a taste he
>
> http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html
>
> Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
> Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Hot Tuna

nancy

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:49 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

byakee wrote:

> I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> you like hard rock, you can get a taste he
>
> http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html
>
> Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
> Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Hot Tuna

nancy

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:52 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

byakee wrote:
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Humble Pie!

(giggling) I'll stop now.

nancy

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:52 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

byakee wrote:
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Humble Pie!

(giggling) I'll stop now.

nancy

Julia Altshuler 01-08-2004 07:55 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Phish.

Julia Altshuler 01-08-2004 07:55 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Phish.

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:57 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> Phish.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

nancy (who will really try to stop this behavior right now)

Nancy Young 01-08-2004 07:57 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Michel Boucher 01-08-2004 08:09 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(byakee) wrote in
:

> One of the
> first that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name
> is partially derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must
> be others, but I'm drawing a blank...

Prairie Oyster

--

Please note that this post contains no overt anti-USAian statements of
any sort, nor is it designed to excite the political passions of the

Michel Boucher 01-08-2004 08:09 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(byakee) wrote in
:

Mike Pearce 01-08-2004 08:12 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

> Julia Altshuler wrote:
> >
> > Phish.

> Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Jelly Roll Morton's band was called the Red Hot Peppers.

For years the name of my band was The Boudin Masters. We are about to start
gigging again now that I, once again, live in the same city as my
co-founder. We stole the name from a closed down butcher shop in Lake
Charles, Louisiana.

A friend of mine used to have a band called The Three Muscatels. Not exactly
food, but close enough. I wish I'd thought of that name first.

-Mike

Mike Pearce 01-08-2004 08:12 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Michael Odom 01-08-2004 08:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:

>I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
>you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

>Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
>Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
>other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
>that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
>derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
>I'm drawing a blank...

The Morells
http://www.slewfootrecords.com/artist.asp?ID=6

http://www.themorells.com/

Okay they spelled it differently, but you could really dance to them.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Michael Odom 01-08-2004 08:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

hahabogus 01-08-2004 08:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Red Hot Chili Peppers.
>
> nancy (who will really try to stop this behavior right now)

Go Nancy Go! Go Nancy Go! Go Nancy Go! Go Nancy Go!

You'll probably post 8 or 9 more.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

hahabogus 01-08-2004 08:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

Sue D. 01-08-2004 09:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:

>I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
>you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

>Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
>Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
>other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
>that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
>derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
>I'm drawing a blank...

hmmmm how about Meat Loaf?

Sue D.

Sue D. 01-08-2004 09:15 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:

>I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
>you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

>Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
>Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
>other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
>that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
>derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
>I'm drawing a blank...

hmmmm how about Meat Loaf?

Sue D.

Michael Odom 01-08-2004 10:05 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:15:49 GMT, Sue D. > wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:
>
>>I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
>>you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

>>Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>>
>>Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
>>other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
>>that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
>>derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
>>I'm drawing a blank...

>hmmmm how about Meat Loaf?

Again?

Michael Odom 01-08-2004 10:05 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Tara 01-08-2004 10:48 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Peaches and Herb
Cream
Bread

Tara

Tara 01-08-2004 10:48 PM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

Peaches and Herb
Cream
Bread

Tara

Grismalkin 02-08-2004 02:04 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

>Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
>other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
>that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
>derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
>I'm drawing a blank...

Vanilla Fudge
Strawberry Alarm Clock
The Cranberries
String Cheese Incident (I think this is local)

That's all I can up with for now.

Grismalkin 02-08-2004 02:04 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

byakee 02-08-2004 02:11 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

A shot rang out! And said:
> byakee wrote:

> > that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> > derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> > I'm drawing a blank...

> Humble Pie!
>
> (giggling) I'll stop now.

Wow, you guys came up with a lot of them... <grin>

byakee 02-08-2004 02:11 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

-L. : 02-08-2004 02:17 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(byakee) wrote in message >...
> I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

> Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
> Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Cracker

-L.

-L. : 02-08-2004 02:17 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(byakee) wrote in message >...
> I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

> Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
> Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...

Cracker

-L.

JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms 02-08-2004 02:50 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(Julia=A0Altshuler)
>offers: Phish.

Menudo.

Picky ~JA~

JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms 02-08-2004 02:50 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(Julia=A0Altshuler)
>offers: Phish.

Menudo.

Picky ~JA~

Wayne 02-08-2004 04:54 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

(JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms) wrote in news:22287-
:

(Julia*Altshuler)
>>offers: Phish.

> Menudo.
>
> Picky ~JA~

heh! I wonder how many kids would have liked this group if they knew what
it meant?

Juice
Chocolate Affliction

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Wayne 02-08-2004 04:54 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:35 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"Sue D." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:
>
> >I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> >you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

> >Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
> >
> >Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> >other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> >that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> >derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> >I'm drawing a blank...

> hmmmm how about Meat Loaf?
>
> Sue D.

Haha, that's a good one!

kili

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:35 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"Sue D." > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:40:31 GMT, (byakee) wrote:
>
> >I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> >you like hard rock, you can get a taste he

http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html

> >Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
> >
> >Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> >other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> >that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> >derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> >I'm drawing a blank...

> hmmmm how about Meat Loaf?
>
> Sue D.

Haha, that's a good one!

kili

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:35 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"Tara" > wrote in message
> Peaches and Herb
> Cream
> Bread
>
> Tara

More good ones

kili

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:35 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"Tara" > wrote in message
> Peaches and Herb
> Cream
> Bread
>
> Tara

More good ones

kili

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:37 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

"byakee" > wrote in message
> I'm listening to a new song that I really like called "Savior"; if
> you like hard rock, you can get a taste he
>
> http://ubl.artistdirect.com/store/ar...900412,00.html
>
> Or here, for the newsreader impaired:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5dl72
>
> Anyway, the band's name is "Skillet", and it got me to thinking of
> other groups who have cooking or food related names. One of the first
> that popped into my head was "Blue Oyster Cult", who's name is partially
> derived from a recipe for oysters. I know there must be others, but
> I'm drawing a blank...
>

> --
> J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
> "I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
> (COLD to HOT for e-mail)

The Sundays - okay, spelled wrong but it works, right?

kili

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:37 AM

[OT] Food Related Band Names

kilikini 02-08-2004 06:37 AM