Peter Aitken

Default IN PRAISE OF THE ELECTRIC STOVE

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...
> "HiTech RedNeck" wrote:
> > "Pennyaline" wrote:
> > > You know when a gas burner is on. You know when it's off. Adjust the

> flame
> > > to fit the pan, rather than stick your pan on one of the limited

> selection
> > > of sizes for electric heat source available.

> > I see this mantra all the time, "with a gas stove you can adjust flame

> > fit pan." In truth I have never seen a household type stove that can do
> > this. If it really could, that would be a neat feature, like a little
> > slider that you can move to make the ring of gas ports change in width

> with
> > infinite adjustability in between its extremes. I have heard of

> commercial
> > stoves that let you choose from two different size arrays of gas ports

at
> > the same burner position
> >
> > Anyhow, if you set the gas high enough that the flame really "fits" a

> large
> > pan, you have too much heat for most things.

> Whatever.

"Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I don't
understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
say."

--
Peter Aitken

Pennyaline

"Peter Aitken" wrote:
> "Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I don't
> understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
> say."

No, it more accurately means "You haven't convinced me and that's all there
is to say about it."

GAS STOVES RUUUUULE! WOO HOO!!!

<don't think much of people 16 years and under, eh?>

Pennyaline

"Peter Aitken" wrote:
> "Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I don't
> understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
> say."

No, it more accurately means "You haven't convinced me and that's all there
is to say about it."

GAS STOVES RUUUUULE! WOO HOO!!!

<don't think much of people 16 years and under, eh?>

Peter Aitken

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...
> "Peter Aitken" wrote:
> > "Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I

don't
> > understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
> > say."

> No, it more accurately means "You haven't convinced me and that's all

there
> is to say about it."
>
> GAS STOVES RUUUUULE! WOO HOO!!!
>
> <don't think much of people 16 years and under, eh?>

Well, you are obviously under 16 and I know you cannot help that. You are to
be complemented for being into cooking at such a tender age. Actually I
really like many under-16s but let's face the facts- they have an extremely
small store of knowledge and experience and go around saying a lot of
terminally silly things, such as "GAS STOVES RUUUUULE."

For an objective comparison of gas and electric stoves, see
http://www.pgacon.com/KitchenMyths.htm

Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...
> "Peter Aitken" wrote:
> > "Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I

don't
> > understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
> > say."

> No, it more accurately means "You haven't convinced me and that's all

there
> is to say about it."
>
> GAS STOVES RUUUUULE! WOO HOO!!!
>
> <don't think much of people 16 years and under, eh?>

Well, you are obviously under 16 and I know you cannot help that. You are to
be complemented for being into cooking at such a tender age. Actually I
really like many under-16s but let's face the facts- they have an extremely
small store of knowledge and experience and go around saying a lot of
terminally silly things, such as "GAS STOVES RUUUUULE."

For an objective comparison of gas and electric stoves, see
http://www.pgacon.com/KitchenMyths.htm

Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...
> "Peter Aitken" wrote:
> > "Whatever" - a word used by people 16 years old and under to mean "I

don't
> > understand what you are talking about and I have nothing intelligent to
> > say."

> No, it more accurately means "You haven't convinced me and that's all

there
> is to say about it."
>
> GAS STOVES RUUUUULE! WOO HOO!!!
>
> <don't think much of people 16 years and under, eh?>

Well, you are obviously under 16 and I know you cannot help that. You are to
be complemented for being into cooking at such a tender age. Actually I
really like many under-16s but let's face the facts- they have an extremely
small store of knowledge and experience and go around saying a lot of
terminally silly things, such as "GAS STOVES RUUUUULE."

For an objective comparison of gas and electric stoves, see
http://www.pgacon.com/KitchenMyths.htm

Peter Aitken

Pennyaline

"Peter Aitken" wrote:
> Well, you are obviously under 16 and I know you cannot help that. You are

> be complemented for being into cooking at such a tender age. Actually I
> really like many under-16s but let's face the facts- they have an

extremely
> small store of knowledge and experience and go around saying a lot of
> terminally silly things, such as "GAS STOVES RUUUUULE."

Oh my heck.

Pennyaline