Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Electric stove controller for electric smoker

Hi all, I have a couple of items that use 1500 watt elements and need
to be able to adjust the temperature on them. Both are wired where they
are either full on or full off, no in between. One is a meat smoker and
the other a boiler with a submerged element. I have been trying to use
a surface burner controller off an old GE electric cooktop. The
problem is that it is just full on or full off with no between. The
switch is of course 220v and I am running it 110v. Is there some way to
hook this up so I can get it to adjust the temperature? The switch has
L1 and L2 for the inputs and H1 and H2 for the outputs to the burner.
I simply wired it into an extension cord so I can move it from the
smoker to the boil pot. Any suggestions??

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

catfish wrote:
[...]

There is probably a better group to ask these questions in, since most
of us here wouldn't have built our own controllers for electric
appliances.

alt.home.repair just might be a good place to ask

Have you considered an oven thermostat?

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List