Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Good Morning WORLD...!!!" Post - Turkey Day Breakfast...!!!

Okay, so after falling into a heap of exhaustion after yesterday's Lucullan
feast I am up early, felt like a having some breakfast to fortify meself for
the day (no, I am NOT engaging in any of that Black Friday shopping
nonsense). It's all leftovers:

Le Menu:

- an appetizer of escargot in a phyllo dough cup topped with cooked spinach
and goat cheeze...this was one of the big hits of yesterday!

- a piece of ho' - made rye bread with a schmear of smoked salmon spread...

- a turkey sammich with Hellmans and some stone - ground moutard...

- some cold chestnut stuffing...

- Diet Dr. Pepper (along with the requisite OJ and water)...

Howzabout you...!!!???

PS: I am honestly not trying to outdo Andy in wierdness but ya never
know...

;-P

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

<snipped "Lucullan-feast-leftovers" comments in a snit of foodie
jealousy>

Breakfast in this house was just tea and toast today. However, our
Kidlette requested (homemade) meat sauce and (store bought - sosueme)
spaghetti for dinner so that's what we're having tonight.

> PS: I am honestly not trying to outdo Andy in wierdness but ya never
> know...
>
> ;-P

<snork>

BTW, belated Happy Thanksgiving to you and all other rfc-ers who reside
in the USA.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
m...
> Okay, so after falling into a heap of exhaustion after yesterday's
> Lucullan
> feast I am up early, felt like a having some breakfast to fortify meself
> for
> the day (no, I am NOT engaging in any of that Black Friday shopping
> nonsense). It's all leftovers:
>
> Le Menu:
>
> - an appetizer of escargot in a phyllo dough cup topped with cooked
> spinach
> and goat cheeze...this was one of the big hits of yesterday!
>
> - a piece of ho' - made rye bread with a schmear of smoked salmon
> spread...
>
> - a turkey sammich with Hellmans and some stone - ground moutard...
>
> - some cold chestnut stuffing...
>
> - Diet Dr. Pepper (along with the requisite OJ and water)...
>
> Howzabout you...!!!???
>
> PS: I am honestly not trying to outdo Andy in wierdness but ya never
> know...
>
> ;-P
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

Nah, Greg...that would take a lot more than your 'after-the-holiday' repast
menu to out-weird Andy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

After a belly full of Thanksgiving with the family, and three NFL games
later, I made the sorry mistake of joining my nephew and his wife to
Black Friday shopping beginning at 5am this morning. I'm usually up
before that so I didn't see an issue. I'd seen the chaos on TV but wanted
to see it up close with my own eyes. Aunt and uncle and niece stayed
behind to look after the youngsters.

They dragged me off the basement couch at 4:30 in the morning. I was not
pleased.

On the way, we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts. I had an Apple cheese danish
and a tall cup of high octane coffee. I thought that might beat the
morning exhaustion.

Standing in lines in the wind and cold and rain AND at the registers,
that idea quickly failed.

Standing on my tired feet for hours I just about fainted a few times.

I refused to set foot in Wal*Mart so I sat in the car as they shopped
there. I needed the rest!!!

By the time we got back to nephew's house at about 11am, I went back to
the couch and fell asleep. Woke up 3pm and came upstairs and they were
all watching college football and drinking beer and nibbling leftovers.

Hugged and kissed them all goodbye and got home at 5:30pm.

Feet feel like I'm walking on blisters.

Tomorrow's another day.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I bought a new king "alternative down, hypoallergenic" comforter at
Macy's, hopefully to put an old allergy concern to rest.

I gave Macy's first crack at the sale for hosting such a great
Thanksgiving Day Parade. I attended one about 10 years back.

They don't deep discount like some others.

After tax, it was a 33.5% discount.

A nice service was that while standing in the checkout line, a dept.
manager (?) would scan your items with a hand-held unit and it would
print out a receipt so you just presented the cashier with the receipt
that they could scan one barcode and not all your items to speed of the
entire process.

Then noticing the too long and friendly conversations between the
cashiers and customers and not making mention of it, he stepped up to
another register and asked, "can I help the next person?" ME!

A great help.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I bought a new king "alternative down, hypoallergenic" comforter at
Macy's, hopefully to put an old allergy concern to rest.

I gave Macy's first crack at the sale for hosting such a great
Thanksgiving Day Parade. I attended one about 10 years back.

They don't deep discount like some others.

With tax, it was a 33.5% discount.

A nice service was that while standing in the checkout line, a dept.
manager (?) would scan your items with a hand-held unit and it would
print out a receipt so you just presented the cashier with the receipt
that they could scan one barcode and not all your items to speed of the
entire process.

Then noticing the too long and friendly conversations between the
cashiers and customers and not making mention of it, he stepped up to
another register and asked, "can I help the next person?" ME!

A great help.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy > wrote in :

> I bought a new king "alternative down, hypoallergenic" comforter at
> Macy's, hopefully to put an old allergy concern to rest.
>
> I gave Macy's first crack at the sale for hosting such a great
> Thanksgiving Day Parade. I attended one about 10 years back.
>
> They don't deep discount like some others.
>
> With tax, it was a 33.5% discount.

Yesterday (Saturday), Macys further reduced already discounted items an
additional 10-15%.

Tomorrow's another day is true. The ads and talking heads claimed Black
Friday's the deepest discount day. The BUMS!!!

I'll never Black Friday shop again, at any time of day!

What's left on my list? A few modern smoke and CO2 detectors to replace
the untrustable 15-yo tobacco clogged ones that have begun to false alarm
"chirp" on fresh batteries!

OB Food: Applesauce and Honey Graham crackers.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:26:15 -0600, Andy > wrote:

-->Andy > wrote in :
-->
-->> I bought a new king "alternative down, hypoallergenic" comforter at
-->> Macy's, hopefully to put an old allergy concern to rest.
-->>
[...]

For the time it takes go buy one, don't play around with your life
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:26:15 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Yesterday (Saturday), Macys further reduced already discounted items an
>additional 10-15%.
>
>Tomorrow's another day is true. The ads and talking heads claimed Black
>Friday's the deepest discount day. The BUMS!!!
>
>I'll never Black Friday shop again, at any time of day!

Every day is Black Friday for retailers and deep discounts will last
until after New Year's. There's no point getting crushed in the
crowds when you know a large part of what was bought during the Friday
grab-a-thon will be returned over the weekend and on a deeper discount
Monday morning.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:09:23 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>With five stories to tend to, I'd like them to be wirelessy capable to
>set off a bedside alarm with location. Smoke alarm in the basement won't
>wake me up on the 4th floor until there's an upward smoke avalanche.
>
>I'd like to think they've gotten that sophisticated!

Sounds like you need a hard wired system.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
>sf wrote:
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>>Yesterday (Saturday), Macys further reduced already discounted items an
>>>additional 10-15%.
>>>
>>>Tomorrow's another day is true. The ads and talking heads claimed Black
>>>Friday's the deepest discount day. The BUMS!!!
>>>
>>>I'll never Black Friday shop again, at any time of day!

>> Every day is Black Friday for retailers and deep discounts will last
>> until after New Year's. There's no point getting crushed in the
>> crowds when you know a large part of what was bought during the Friday
>> grab-a-thon will be returned over the weekend and on a deeper discount
>> Monday morning.

>Yeah, I know. I just wasn't going to go home empty handed after all the
>head and footache. I'd meant to buy a new comforter and Black Friday
>seemed like the perfect opportunity!
>
>Nobody crushed me whatsoever. Must be my aura?
>
>Some shoppers on camera claimed the day before Christmas was the best
>discount opportunity.
>
>I did <chuckle> at the new definition of Black Friday. It's not about
>finally turning a profit, it's because everyone lines up in the blackness
>of early morning.

I did Black Friday on Amazon.com... got lovey stuffed animals and
dollies and computer games for the kidlets (can't go wrong with
anything Spongebob Squarepants). Got me a stick-on window thermometer
for my tractor and one of those foot callous rasps so I won't have to
borrow my garlic rasp anymore. hehe. And got some fabulous yarns for
a good friend with golden hands who knows to *really* knit.

Latest Alice Starmore creation from: http://www.virtualyarns.com
Natcherly all I can do is the photos...
http://i48.tinypic.com/34f1fzl.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2iax73b.jpg

I got a new outragious snowplowing cap:
http://i48.tinypic.com/35bvwgl.jpg

A new boy stopped by yesterday:
http://i45.tinypic.com/10frhww.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ev6o1u.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> I did Black Friday on Amazon.com... got lovey stuffed animals and
> dollies and computer games for the kidlets (can't go wrong with
> anything Spongebob Squarepants). Got me a stick-on window thermometer
> for my tractor and one of those foot callous rasps so I won't have to
> borrow my garlic rasp anymore. hehe. And got some fabulous yarns for
> a good friend with golden hands who knows to *really* knit.
>
> Latest Alice Starmore creation from: http://www.virtualyarns.com
> Natcherly all I can do is the photos...
> http://i48.tinypic.com/34f1fzl.jpg
> http://i46.tinypic.com/2iax73b.jpg

WOw, she's GOOD!

> I got a new outragious snowplowing cap:
> http://i48.tinypic.com/35bvwgl.jpg

Looks nice and warm, but I bet you don't have the waist-length
dreadlocks it calls for.

> A new boy stopped by yesterday:
> http://i45.tinypic.com/10frhww.jpg
> http://i45.tinypic.com/2ev6o1u.jpg

Awwwwwww. We saw 1 large male and four female Dall (bighorn)
sheep yesterday as we drove up to Summit County to our new
grandson's christening ceremony and party.
gloria p

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> brooklyn1 > wrote in
> :

..

>> Latest Alice Starmore creation from: http://www.virtualyarns.com
>> Natcherly all I can do is the photos...
>> http://i48.tinypic.com/34f1fzl.jpg
>> http://i46.tinypic.com/2iax73b.jpg

> All I can say is LSD! LSD! LSD! I'd wear that!!! What can I trade for it?

Wrong "Alice". You really have a thing for LSD, don't you? Flashback much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:
[snip]
> A new boy stopped by yesterday: