Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Undercooked pancakes

My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. I always make
them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. Anyone else like raw
pancake/cake batter?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 8:39*am, --Bryan > wrote:
> My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. *I always make
> them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. *Anyone else like raw
> pancake/cake batter?
>
> --Bryan

I always lick the batter from my rubber scraper after putting my
Banana Bread 2.0 batter into the baking dishes. And when making
chocolate chip cookies with my friend Scott's daughter Samantha I
initiated the custom (with Scott's approval of course) of after mixing
and before scaling, everyone (who wants it) gets ONE teaspoon of raw
cookie dough. Only one though, as big as you can get with a teaspoon.

Raw batter tastes good. It's primarily the sugar in it. But I tend to
agree with you Bryan. I like my pancakes properly done. And I always
brag to people about your ability to make a good pancake too! After
all, anyone who can correctly cook a BLACK pancake (remember those?)
knows their pancake cooking! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 8:49*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Nov 14, 8:39*am, --Bryan > wrote:
>
> > My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. *I always make
> > them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> > salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. *Anyone else like raw
> > pancake/cake batter?

> > --Bryan

> I always lick the batter from my rubber scraper after putting my
> Banana Bread 2.0 batter into the baking dishes. And when making
> chocolate chip cookies with my friend Scott's daughter Samantha I
> initiated the custom (with Scott's approval of course) of after mixing
> and before scaling, everyone (who wants it) gets ONE teaspoon of raw
> cookie dough. Only one though, as big as you can get with a teaspoon.
>
> Raw batter tastes good. It's primarily the sugar in it. But I tend to
> agree with you Bryan. I like my pancakes properly done. And I always
> brag to people about your ability to make a good pancake too! After
> all, anyone who can correctly cook a BLACK pancake (remember those?)
> knows their pancake cooking! :-)

We had to add unattractive food colors to our food to make it
unappealing to the sponging hippies next door. The earlier mentioned
pancakes were banana with lots of vanilla.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:
> My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. I always make
> them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. Anyone else like raw
> pancake/cake batter?

One of the best things about making chocolate chip cookies is scrapping
out the leftover batter and eating it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"--Bryan" > wrote in message
> My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. I always make
> them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. Anyone else like raw
> pancake/cake batter?
>
> --Bryan

I leave out the egg yolk, and the rest of the egg as well. I add 1/2
overripe banana to each 1/2 cup pancake mix, along with whatever liquid. It
adds the bit of richness that eggs add. Crush and mix it all together, and
proceed. This works well for either pancakes or waffles. Banana replaces
the egg in the underdone portion, as it does throughout the pancake.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 9:54*am, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 14, 8:49*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 14, 8:39*am, --Bryan > wrote:

> > > My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. *I always make
> > > them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> > > salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. *Anyone else like raw
> > > pancake/cake batter?

> > > --Bryan

> > I always lick the batter from my rubber scraper after putting my
> > Banana Bread 2.0 batter into the baking dishes. And when making
> > chocolate chip cookies with my friend Scott's daughter Samantha I
> > initiated the custom (with Scott's approval of course) of after mixing
> > and before scaling, everyone (who wants it) gets ONE teaspoon of raw
> > cookie dough. Only one though, as big as you can get with a teaspoon.

> > Raw batter tastes good. It's primarily the sugar in it. But I tend to
> > agree with you Bryan. I like my pancakes properly done. And I always
> > brag to people about your ability to make a good pancake too! After
> > all, anyone who can correctly cook a BLACK pancake (remember those?)
> > knows their pancake cooking! :-)

> We had to add unattractive food colors to our food to make it
> unappealing to the sponging hippies next door. *The earlier mentioned
> pancakes were banana with lots of vanilla.

Make your pancakes, but be sure to add much raw liver and/or kidneys
to the batter. Call them over. Tell them you just et, and have
leftovers for the neighbours.

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 8:54*am, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 14, 8:49*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 14, 8:39*am, --Bryan > wrote:

> > > My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. *I always make
> > > them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> > > salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. *Anyone else like raw
> > > pancake/cake batter?

> > > --Bryan

> > I always lick the batter from my rubber scraper after putting my
> > Banana Bread 2.0 batter into the baking dishes. And when making
> > chocolate chip cookies with my friend Scott's daughter Samantha I
> > initiated the custom (with Scott's approval of course) of after mixing
> > and before scaling, everyone (who wants it) gets ONE teaspoon of raw
> > cookie dough. Only one though, as big as you can get with a teaspoon.

> > Raw batter tastes good. It's primarily the sugar in it. But I tend to
> > agree with you Bryan. I like my pancakes properly done. And I always
> > brag to people about your ability to make a good pancake too! After
> > all, anyone who can correctly cook a BLACK pancake (remember those?)
> > knows their pancake cooking! :-)

> We had to add unattractive food colors to our food to make it
> unappealing to the sponging hippies next door. *The earlier mentioned
> pancakes were banana with lots of vanilla.
>

> > John Kuthe...

> --Bryan

Making the food unappealing to the sponging hippies was coincidental,
as I recall. But it was effective in that!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan wrote:
> My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. I always make
> them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. Anyone else like raw
> pancake/cake batter?
>
> --Bryan

Children are funny like that, you never know what they will like or
dislike. If you are concerned about salmonella, you can omit the eggs
and use flax seed meal, instead. You use 1 tablespoon powdered flax
seed soaked in 3 tablespoons water for each egg in the recipe.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Nov 14, 6:39 am, --Bryan > wrote:
> My crazy son likes his pancakes still gooey inside. I always make
> them with only yolks, and I'm not at all worried about the raw egg
> salmonella thing, but it seems a bit yucky. Anyone else like raw
> pancake/cake batter?

No, but I'm curious. How did he even know to ask for undercooked
pancakes? No one at my house would even have guessed that they could
come that way..... -aem