Old 26-09-2009, 09:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.

Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.

I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above URL

Ed

Old 26-09-2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Theron" wrote in message
That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.

Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.

I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above
URL

Ed

Hey Kent, how is the brining going on your patio?

Old 26-09-2009, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jenny" wrote in message ...

"Theron" wrote in message
That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.

Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.

I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above
URL

Ed

Hey Kent, how is the brining going on your patio?

It's 90F in the patio. The garage is 70F, somewhat of a miracle, though way
too hot It's separate from the house and without AC. Still a bit hot for
true "garage brine" The "brining garage" gets to about 3538F at turkey time.
Cheers,

Ed, constantly struggling with my level of ignorance,

Old 27-09-2009, 06:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed wrote:

Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

Bob
Old 27-09-2009, 12:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 12:39*am, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:
Ed wrote:
Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

Bob

--Bryan

Old 27-09-2009, 12:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
sequitur?

Bob

Old 27-09-2009, 12:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 27, 6:37*am, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:
Bryan wrote:
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
sequitur?

In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
free.
"The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
Free for 14 days means pay.

Bob

--Bryan
Old 27-09-2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
sequitur?

In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
free.

"The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
Free for 14 days means pay.

Let me walk you through the process:

Go to www.americastestkitchen.com

Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.

Observe the following:

"REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."

Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
address". Use a throwaway address if you like.

Click "Submit"

You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so reluctant
to give out an e-mail address?

Bob

Old 27-09-2009, 01:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I wrote:

Let me walk you through the process:

Go to www.americastestkitchen.com

Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.

Observe the following:

"REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."

Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
address". Use a throwaway address if you like.

Click "Submit"

You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

Turns out it is NOT that simple. At any rate, just enter
to login and gain access to the free content.

Bob

Old 27-09-2009, 01:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

--Bryan said...

wrote:
Ed wrote:
Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

Bob

--Bryan

Visiting that link:

"The page you requested is available, FREE, to registered users of
AmericasTestKitchen.com"

WTF???

What a POS ATK's website is!!!

I've indoor BBQ-grilled, rotisseried and oven-baked pork tenderloins
countless times.

Pork chops are a thing of the past. YMMV.

Andy

Old 27-09-2009, 01:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger said...

You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
addresses.

Andy
Old 27-09-2009, 01:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
addresses.

I guess it depends on what you call "persistent spammers." They do send out
e-mails from time to time. I just checked the account I use to login, and I
have not gotten a single e-mail from them since April.

Regardless, you can register with a throwaway e-mail address. They don't
require you to confirm anything, and there's no password to remember. (But
you *do* have to remember what the throwaway address is!)

Bob

Old 27-09-2009, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
Bob Terwilliger said...

You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
addresses.

They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or subscriptions.

That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

nancy
Old 27-09-2009, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger said...

Andy wrote:

From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
addresses.

I guess it depends on what you call "persistent spammers." They do send
out e-mails from time to time. I just checked the account I use to
login, and I have not gotten a single e-mail from them since April.

Regardless, you can register with a throwaway e-mail address. They don't
require you to confirm anything, and there's no password to remember.
(But you *do* have to remember what the throwaway address is!)

Bob

Bob,

OK, maybe I didn't put that right!

As free as their website seems, I've run into so many "register" roadblocks
that I stopped visiting.

Imho, they're just an infomercial masquerading as a cooking website/TV
show. Greed TV.

Kimball (the bozo in a bow tie) is such a no-talent shill. He degrades the
show and ATK as a whole, immensely, again, imho.

Best,

Andy
Old 27-09-2009, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy wrote:

They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or subscriptions.

That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

*I* don't get those e-mails...I guess they've given up on me!

Bob

TV's "Country Kitchen" on PBS - barbecued beef ribs Kent[_2_] General Cooking 3 10-10-2010 04:38 PM
Indoor Barbecued Pork Theron Barbecue 20 29-09-2009 03:50 AM
Indoor Barbecued Pork Amended Theron Barbecue 6 28-09-2009 11:49 PM
Indoor Barbecued Pork Theron General Cooking 13 28-09-2009 02:16 AM
2nd Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork" Theron Barbecue 1 26-09-2009 11:22 PM