FoodBanter.com

-   -   Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork" (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/177289-amended-indoor-barbecued-pork.html)

theron 26-09-2009 09:32 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.

Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.

I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above URL

Ed

Jenny[_3_] 26-09-2009 10:10 PM

"Theron" > wrote in message
> That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
> called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
> product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
> season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
> probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.
>
> Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
> can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
> down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.
>
> I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above
> URL
>
> Ed

Hey Kent, how is the brining going on your patio?

theron 26-09-2009 11:47 PM

"Jenny" > wrote in message ...

> "Theron" > wrote in message
>> That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
>> called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
>> product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
>> season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
>> probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.
>>
>> Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
>> can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
>> down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.
>>
>> I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above
>> URL
>>
>> Ed
>>

> Hey Kent, how is the brining going on your patio?

It's 90F in the patio. The garage is 70F, somewhat of a miracle, though way
too hot It's separate from the house and without AC. Still a bit hot for
true "garage brine" The "brining garage" gets to about 3538F at turkey time.
Cheers,

Ed, constantly struggling with my level of ignorance,

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 06:39 AM

Ed wrote:

> Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

Bob

--Bryan 27-09-2009 12:17 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

On Sep 27, 12:39*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Ed wrote:
> > Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

> Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?
>
> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8
>
> Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
> from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

> Bob

--Bryan

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 12:37 PM

Bryan wrote:

>> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8
>>
>> Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
>> from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

> People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
sequitur?

Bob

--Bryan 27-09-2009 12:43 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

On Sep 27, 6:37*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Bryan wrote:
> >>http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8

> >> Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
> >> from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

> > People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

> That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
> sequitur?

In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
free.
"The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
Free for 14 days means pay.

> Bob

--Bryan

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 12:51 PM

Bryan wrote:

>>> People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

>> That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
>> sequitur?

> In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
> address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
> free.
>
> "The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
> Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
> Free for 14 days means pay.

Let me walk you through the process:

Go to www.americastestkitchen.com

Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.

Observe the following:

"REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."

Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
address". Use a throwaway address if you like.

Click "Submit"

You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so reluctant
to give out an e-mail address?

Bob

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 01:00 PM

I wrote:

> Let me walk you through the process:
>
> Go to www.americastestkitchen.com
>
> Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.
>
> Observe the following:
>
> "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."
>
> Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
> address". Use a throwaway address if you like.
>
> Click "Submit"
>
> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
> reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

Turns out it is NOT that simple. At any rate, just enter
to login and gain access to the free content.

Bob

Andy[_15_] 27-09-2009 01:03 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

--Bryan said...

> On Sep 27, 12:39*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>> Ed wrote:
>> > Today's show recipe is called "Indoor Barbecued Pork".

>> Was it for stovetop pork CHOPS? Like this?
>>
>> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...4517&iSeason=8
>>
>> Skillet-Barbecued Pork Chops
>> from the Episode: Rainy Day BBQ Pork Chops

> People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.
>>
>> Bob

> --Bryan

Visiting that link:

"The page you requested is available, FREE, to registered users of
AmericasTestKitchen.com"

WTF???

What a POS ATK's website is!!!

I've indoor BBQ-grilled, rotisseried and oven-baked pork tenderloins
countless times.

Pork chops are a thing of the past. YMMV.

Andy

Andy[_15_] 27-09-2009 01:06 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

Bob Terwilliger said...

> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
> reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
addresses.

Andy

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 01:13 PM

Andy wrote:

> From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
> addresses.

I guess it depends on what you call "persistent spammers." They do send out
e-mails from time to time. I just checked the account I use to login, and I
have not gotten a single e-mail from them since April.

Regardless, you can register with a throwaway e-mail address. They don't
require you to confirm anything, and there's no password to remember. (But
you *do* have to remember what the throwaway address is!)

Bob

Nancy Young[_2_] 27-09-2009 01:25 PM

Andy wrote:
> Bob Terwilliger said...
>
>> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
>> reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

> From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
> addresses.

They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or subscriptions.

That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

nancy

Andy[_15_] 27-09-2009 01:32 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

Bob Terwilliger said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
>> addresses.

> I guess it depends on what you call "persistent spammers." They do send
> out e-mails from time to time. I just checked the account I use to
> login, and I have not gotten a single e-mail from them since April.
>
> Regardless, you can register with a throwaway e-mail address. They don't
> require you to confirm anything, and there's no password to remember.
> (But you *do* have to remember what the throwaway address is!)
>
> Bob

Bob,

OK, maybe I didn't put that right!

As free as their website seems, I've run into so many "register" roadblocks
that I stopped visiting.

Imho, they're just an infomercial masquerading as a cooking website/TV
show. Greed TV.

Kimball (the bozo in a bow tie) is such a no-talent shill. He degrades the
show and ATK as a whole, immensely, again, imho.

Best,

Andy

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 27-09-2009 01:32 PM

Nancy wrote:

> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or subscriptions.
>
> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

*I* don't get those e-mails...I guess they've given up on me!

Bob

Nancy Young[_2_] 27-09-2009 02:00 PM

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Nancy wrote:
>
>> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
>> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or
>> subscriptions.
>>
>> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

> *I* don't get those e-mails...I guess they've given up on me!

Hey, I could forward mine if you'd like!

nancy

blake murphy[_2_] 27-09-2009 04:29 PM

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:00:53 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> Let me walk you through the process:
>>
>> Go to www.americastestkitchen.com
>>
>> Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.
>>
>> Observe the following:
>>
>> "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."
>>
>> Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
>> address". Use a throwaway address if you like.
>>
>> Click "Submit"
>>
>> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
>> reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

> Turns out it is NOT that simple. At any rate, just enter
> to login and gain access to the free content.
>
> Bob

you sly dog.

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 27-09-2009 04:32 PM

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 04:43:45 -0700 (PDT), --Bryan wrote:

> On Sep 27, 6:37*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:

>>> People actually PAY to look at crappy recipes.

>> That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
>> sequitur?

> In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
> address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
> free.
> "The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
> Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
> Free for 14 days means pay.
>>
>> Bob

> --Bryan

this is what i saw at the u.r.l. bob provided:

Not Yet Registered?

IT¢S FAST AND IT¢S FREE
Register now for FREE access to every recipe and rating from the current
season of America's Test Kitchen.

....which doesn't sound that nefarious to me.

blake

blake murphy[_2_] 27-09-2009 04:34 PM

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:25:23 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>> Bob Terwilliger said...
>>
>>> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
>>> reluctant to give out an e-mail address?

>> From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to email
>> addresses.

> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or subscriptions.
>
> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.
>
> nancy

and it seems to me that if they bother you, you could consign them to
e-mail hell with a decent client.

your pal,
blake

Nancy Young[_2_] 27-09-2009 04:51 PM

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:25:23 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Bob Terwilliger said...

>>> From what I've heard in the past, they're persistent spammers to
>>> email addresses.

>> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
>> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or
>> subscriptions.
>>
>> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

> and it seems to me that if they bother you, you could consign them to
> e-mail hell with a decent client.

Maybe they nag other people a lot more. I really don't have a problem
with them. They're easily ignored, otherwise.

These handbag and sneaker spammers irritate me a lot more than
a few emails.

nancy

hahabogus[_3_] 27-09-2009 04:52 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:HlJvm.218506$I07.166002
@newsfe04.ams2 on Sep Sun 2009 08:00 am

> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> Nancy wrote:
>>
>>> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
>>> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or
>>> subscriptions.
>>>
>>> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

>> *I* don't get those e-mails...I guess they've given up on me!

> Hey, I could forward mine if you'd like!
>
> nancy

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Crisp Breaded Pork Chops

none

-----crumbs-----
4 slices good sandwich bread turned into; coarse crumbs in a FP
3 cloves garlic minced
1 small shallot; minced
2 tbsps vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
-----later add to crumbs -----
2 tbsps parmesan cheese; grated
2 tablespoon parsley
1 tsp thyme
-----egg wash-----
3 extra large eggs
3 tablespoon dijon mustard
6 tablespoon flour
-----chops-----
4 3/4 inch boneless pork chops

Rip bread into approx 1 inch chunks and chuck into a food processor and
quick pluse about 8 or 9 times to create largish crumbs. We don't want them
to look like fine flour-like crumbs.

Crumbs
So take the coarse crumbs outa the Food Processor and mix in the garlic,
shallot, salt, pepper and oil.
Bake in a 350F oven for 15 min til nicely golden.
Cool a few min in a bowl and stir in parmesan,parsley and thyme.

EggWash
Into the eggs stir in the mustard and then mix in the flour. Makes it
thickish & paste-like.

So now you got the 3 pans flour, eggs mix and crumbs.Pat dry chops and
Ligthly pepper the chops then do the flour, pat off excess then coat well
in egg mixture and roll well in crumb mixture.

Put chops on a Pamed rack over a pan and bake in a 425F oven for about 20
mins. Rack ensures good air movment keeping crumbs crispy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been adding mustard to my eggwash for quite some time. Just for the taste...who knew!

Is that your nose, or are you eatting a banana? -Jimmy Durante

Nancy Young[_2_] 27-09-2009 05:11 PM

hahabogus wrote:

> I've been adding mustard to my eggwash for quite some time. Just for
> the taste...who knew!

I like that idea! I just had cider sauced pork chops last night.
But I happen to be fond of baked/breaded pork chops. Haven't
had those in a while.

nancy

Omelet[_7_] 27-09-2009 06:03 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

In article >,
hahabogus > wrote:

> -----crumbs-----
> 4 slices good sandwich bread turned into; coarse crumbs in a FP
> 3 cloves garlic minced
> 1 small shallot; minced
> 2 tbsps vegetable oil
> salt and pepper to taste
> -----later add to crumbs -----
> 2 tbsps parmesan cheese; grated
> 2 tablespoon parsley
> 1 tsp thyme
> -----egg wash-----
> 3 extra large eggs
> 3 tablespoon dijon mustard
> 6 tablespoon flour
> -----chops-----
> 4 3/4 inch boneless pork chops
>

> Rip bread into approx 1 inch chunks and chuck into a food processor and
> quick pluse about 8 or 9 times to create largish crumbs. We don't want them
> to look like fine flour-like crumbs.
>
> Crumbs
> So take the coarse crumbs outa the Food Processor and mix in the garlic,
> shallot, salt, pepper and oil.
> Bake in a 350F oven for 15 min til nicely golden.
> Cool a few min in a bowl and stir in parmesan,parsley and thyme.
>
> EggWash
> Into the eggs stir in the mustard and then mix in the flour. Makes it
> thickish & paste-like.
>
> So now you got the 3 pans flour, eggs mix and crumbs.Pat dry chops and
> Ligthly pepper the chops then do the flour, pat off excess then coat well
> in egg mixture and roll well in crumb mixture.
>
> Put chops on a Pamed rack over a pan and bake in a 425F oven for about 20
> mins. Rack ensures good air movment keeping crumbs crispy.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I've been adding mustard to my eggwash for quite some time. Just for the
> taste...who knew!

I like that idea too. :-)
This sounds marvelous and simple.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Dan Abel 27-09-2009 07:16 PM

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> >> That's a free site. Were you asked for money, or is your comment a non
> >> sequitur?

> > In navigating around to try to see it w/o giving them an email
> > address, they reminded folks that members of some club got access for
> > free.
> >
> > "The full recipe is only available for members of CooksCountry.com.
> > Try a FREE membership for 14 days."
> > Free for 14 days means pay.

> Let me walk you through the process:
>
> Go to www.americastestkitchen.com
>
> Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.
>
> Observe the following:
>
> "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."
>
> Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
> address". Use a throwaway address if you like.
>
> Click "Submit"
>
> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so reluctant
> to give out an e-mail address?

Because "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE." means it's NOT free, otherwise you
wouldn't have to register. At some point they may start dunning you for
your past due payment, clearly marked in 6 point type in pink on a pink
background on page 3279 of the instructions, which state that you have
to give a 12 day notice by registered mail if you don't want to start
paying at the end of the 14 days.

Free means that you don't have to register, and that you don't have to
sign up for a membership.

I've gotten burned enough times with magazine subscriptions to know,
that unless you are willing to devote your whole life to them, that FREE
subscriptions automatically turn into paid subscriptions before you know
it.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 28-09-2009 02:46 AM

Dan wrote:

>> Let me walk you through the process:
>>
>> Go to www.americastestkitchen.com
>>
>> Click on "Login" in the upper right corner.
>>
>> Observe the following:
>>
>> "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."
>>
>> Enter your e-mail address in the little box where it says "Enter Email
>> address". Use a throwaway address if you like.
>>
>> Click "Submit"
>>
>> You now have access to the recipe. And it was free. Why are you so
>> reluctant
>> to give out an e-mail address?

> Because "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE." means it's NOT free, otherwise you
> wouldn't have to register. At some point they may start dunning you for
> your past due payment, clearly marked in 6 point type in pink on a pink
> background on page 3279 of the instructions, which state that you have
> to give a 12 day notice by registered mail if you don't want to start
> paying at the end of the 14 days.
>
> Free means that you don't have to register, and that you don't have to
> sign up for a membership.
>
> I've gotten burned enough times with magazine subscriptions to know,
> that unless you are willing to devote your whole life to them, that FREE
> subscriptions automatically turn into paid subscriptions before you know
> it.

I've been registered with the ATK web site for the last several years, and
nothing like that has happened. If you don't want to register with the site,
that's obviously your prerogative, but your implications here are way off.
It's not all that different from registering at the New York Times web site.

Bob

Dan Abel 28-09-2009 03:04 AM

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Dan wrote:

> >> "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE."

> > Because "REGISTER TODAY. IT'S FREE." means it's NOT free, otherwise you

> > Free means that you don't have to register, and that you don't have to
> > sign up for a membership.
> >
> > I've gotten burned enough times with magazine subscriptions to know,
> > that unless you are willing to devote your whole life to them, that FREE
> > subscriptions automatically turn into paid subscriptions before you know
> > it.

> I've been registered with the ATK web site for the last several years, and
> nothing like that has happened. If you don't want to register with the site,
> that's obviously your prerogative, but your implications here are way off.
> It's not all that different from registering at the New York Times web site.

Well, I've been wrong lots of times before, and I'm happy to be wrong
again. Sounds like it's NOT like a FREE magazine subscription. Thanks
for your experience.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

blake murphy[_2_] 28-09-2009 08:16 PM

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:51:12 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:

>>> They send me notes with recipes and product ratings every month or
>>> so. They send me ads maybe once a week selling books or
>>> subscriptions.
>>>
>>> That covers it. Other stores are much more insistant.

>> and it seems to me that if they bother you, you could consign them to
>> e-mail hell with a decent client.

> Maybe they nag other people a lot more. I really don't have a problem
> with them. They're easily ignored, otherwise.
>
> These handbag and sneaker spammers irritate me a lot more than
> a few emails.
>
> nancy

but it's almost fun setting up the killfiles. after you have the basics,
and someone sneaks in, it's like 'o.k. you rascal - you slipped by this
time. but now i've got your number. bwah-ha-ha!'

(this is quite apart from nym-shifters like morrow, who *are* merely
irritating.)

your pal,
blake

Robert Klute[_2_] 28-09-2009 09:50 PM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:32:59 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>That's not the recipe, though it's a good recipe. Today's show recipe is
>called "Indoor Barbecued Pork". Christopher Kimball, in return for his
>product exposure via PBS is supposed to make all recipes from the current
>season free to everyone. He has not released "Indoor Barbecued Pork" yet,
>probably hoping you'll subscribe to his online magazine.
>
>Christopher Kimball's marketing is very very seedy. He does everything he
>can to keep you away from the free online recipes. you have to hunt them
>down, and skim past the 14 day free trial come on.
>
>I should have researched this more thoroughly before I posted the above URL

While I consider all these indoor 'BBQ' recipes an abomination, you
should have a look at Alton Brown's version. The recipe is from the "A
Rib For All Seasons" episode of Good Eats.

Gregory Morrow[_336_] 28-09-2009 10:15 PM

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:51:12 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> blake murphy wrote:

>>> and it seems to me that if they bother you, you could consign them
>>> to e-mail hell with a decent client.

>> Maybe they nag other people a lot more. I really don't have a
>> problem with them. They're easily ignored, otherwise.
>>
>> These handbag and sneaker spammers irritate me a lot more than
>> a few emails.
>>
>> nancy

> but it's almost fun setting up the killfiles. after you have the
> basics, and someone sneaks in, it's like 'o.k. you rascal - you
> slipped by this time. but now i've got your number. bwah-ha-ha!'
>
> (this is quite apart from nym-shifters like morrow, who *are* merely
> irritating.)

Unlike ordinary spammers and trolls, my *very few* and brilliantly kre8ive
nym shifts are *specifically* targeted to the individual "at hand"...and
they'll *always* know who I am.

And I *know* that your reading my posts is one of the highlights of yer time
here, no need to be "shy" about it...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Default User 28-09-2009 10:56 PM

Robert Klute wrote:

> While I consider all these indoor 'BBQ' recipes an abomination, you
> should have a look at Alton Brown's version. The recipe is from the
> "A Rib For All Seasons" episode of Good Eats.

In which he makes it clear that it is not barbecue, as a good Southern
boy should do.

Brian

--
Day 238 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

Duwop[_2_] 29-09-2009 04:29 AM

On Sep 27, 7:04*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> Well, I've been wrong lots of times before, and I'm happy to be wrong
> again. *Sounds like it's NOT like a FREE magazine subscription. *Thanks
> for your experience.
>
> --
> Dan Abel

Dan, requiring registration is VERY common on lots of places on the
intercontinet, especially those with forums where people can interact
where they need to be able to control the out of control.

Smart people use a free internet based email addy like gmail, yahoo,
hotmail and the like for these sorts of things so if they sell the
email addy they won't kludge up your personal email.

cybercat 29-09-2009 11:07 AM

Amended "Indoor Barbecued Pork"

"Duwop" :

>Smart people use a free internet based email addy like gmail, yahoo,
>hotmail and the like for these sorts of things so if they sell the
>email addy they won't kludge up your personal email.

Holy shit, are you actually still alive? Whatever happened to Gary Burnore?

Duwop[_2_] 29-09-2009 03:02 PM

On Sep 29, 3:07*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Duwop" :
>
> >Smart people use a free internet based email addy like gmail, yahoo,
> >hotmail and the like for these sorts of things so if they sell the
> >email addy they won't kludge up your personal email.

> Holy shit, are you actually still alive? Whatever happened to Gary Burnore?

You're not Ed Wollmann are you? :)

Becca 30-09-2009 08:17 PM

cybercat wrote:
> "Duwop" :
>

>> Smart people use a free internet based email addy like gmail, yahoo,
>> hotmail and the like for these sorts of things so if they sell the
>> email addy they won't kludge up your personal email.
>>

> Holy shit, are you actually still alive? Whatever happened to Gary Burnore?

It has been several years since I have seen that name.

Becca

cl[_2_] 04-10-2009 08:00 AM

Duwop wrote:
> On Sep 27, 7:04 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> Well, I've been wrong lots of times before, and I'm happy to be wrong
>> again. Sounds like it's NOT like a FREE magazine subscription. Thanks
>> for your experience.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Abel

> Dan, requiring registration is VERY common on lots of places on the
> intercontinet, especially those with forums where people can interact
> where they need to be able to control the out of control.
>
> Smart people use a free internet based email addy like gmail, yahoo,
> hotmail and the like for these sorts of things so if they sell the
> email addy they won't kludge up your personal email.

What about when they ask for a credit card number before your "free"
trial starts? Does that sound like it is free? Anyone who does that is
attempting to scam people. Freecreditreport.com does that as well.

Nancy Young[_2_] 04-10-2009 01:13 PM

cl wrote:

> What about when they ask for a credit card number before your "free"
> trial starts? Does that sound like it is free? Anyone who does that is
> attempting to scam people. Freecreditreport.com does that as well.

Freecreditreport.com is only free with you buying their credit
monitoring service.

You want annualcreditreport.com.

nancy