Old 26-09-2009, 07:28 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Indoor Barbecued Pork

America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops

Ed

Old 26-09-2009, 07:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 2:28*pm, "Theron" wrote:
America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...ult.asp?req=1&....

Ed

Nice barbecue. Especially the breading.
Pet Peeve: I can't stand when people hold meat in their hand for any
length of time; massaging it, pointing out things that we all know
anyway. Put it on the cutting board and point to the features that
you wish to point out please. No need to allow all kinds of flippin'
disease to transfer from human to meat.

Old 26-09-2009, 11:18 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq' morons hang
out.
--
Dave

Old 27-09-2009, 12:10 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Theron wrote:
America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq' morons hang
out.
--
Dave

The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco bullet
smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired right
up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The world
is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the required lump.

Cheers,

Ed

Old 27-09-2009, 09:54 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 4:10*pm, "Theron" wrote:
At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The world
is taking on a whole new meaning.

small things, small things.

Old 28-09-2009, 07:59 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:

The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old
Meco bullet
smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's
100%
Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It
fired right
up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is
holding. The world
is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the
required lump.

Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over
and
over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last
lifetime?)

Here, Kent. Let's answer all those questions right now:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com

See? I don't even own one and have never been to the site. I
just
*know* that's the answer from years of hanging out here. Now
you do
too. Use it wisely. Nobody there knows you're an idiot (yet).

Outside of what charcoal to use, I imagine that the biggest
question will be whether to use sand or water. grin

I've preferred a good martini in my own belly over any liquids in
a smoker. This could be an era coming to a close for me, though.
Several months ago, Mrs. Nonny and I were on a cruise to Alaska
and it was quite chilly. As I do in the winter, I ordered a
brandy to help heat things up. Mrs. Nonny did as well, along with
a friend. I won't bore you with details, but the brandy sparked a
taste-off of all the brandy brands on the bar's menu. We had the
bartender provide us with a shot of each one.

We discovered that there was one brand we really enjoyed and that
it was one of the less expensive ones. When we returned home, I
bought a bottle and we now are enjoying a snifter of brandy or two
every evening. It's displaced my martini and I've also found that
with the much stronger taste, that I drink a lesser amount while
enjoying it more.

The odd part is that it goes so well with barbecue.

--
Nonny

To compel a man to subsidize with
taxes the propagation of policies
he abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.

Old 28-09-2009, 08:54 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

[...]

I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
commission will stock it anyway.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
Old 28-09-2009, 09:21 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

please share the brand, i love brandy, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nonny" wrote in message

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:

The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco bullet
smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired
right
up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The
world
is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the required
lump.

Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over and
over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last a

Old 28-09-2009, 09:36 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
[...]

Don't know about that, Ross - the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario,
for those of you not in Ontario)) stocks just about anything you want to
name, or can special order it for you (if you live in a small community
with one of the smaller LCBO stores). Apparently, the LCBO is one of
the largest (if not the largest single) retailer of booze in the world.

MargW
lurking and enjoying the discussions

Old 28-09-2009, 10:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:18:27 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:

Theron wrote:
America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq'
morons hang out.

He posted the same defective round of threads there, too. He's
trying to pretend he's not a troll by not crossposting (RFC hasn't
figured this out yet).

I saw that. Too funny.

--
Dave

Old 28-09-2009, 10:06 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:

The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco
bullet smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired
right up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is
holding. The world is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it
will be the required lump.

Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over and
over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last a
lifetime?)

Here, Kent. Let's answer all those questions right now:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com

Wow, now this will give us a new round of Kent-concerns on the legitimacy of
the website, authorship, and other assorted hysterical fears.
--
Dave

Old 28-09-2009, 11:11 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
commission will stock it anyway.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.

The best brandy we've come across, regardless of price. is St.
Remy VSOP (not to be confused with Remy Martin).
http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/sea...p?item_id=2724

Here in Henderson NV, a 1.75L bottle is $26. It's been compared
within the family, with neighbors and with guests here at the
house, against stuff costing as much as $200 for a 750mL and it
always wins.

Recently, the label was changed from "Napoleon" below the VSOP to
"Authentic." I have no clue as to why, but the UPC code, price
etc. are still the same. Most importantly, there's been no change
in the taste, either.

If you get some, I'd appreciate hearing whether you enjoy it as
much as we do here at the Nonnyhouse.

Old 29-09-2009, 12:06 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

[...]

I'll do that Nonny. I enjoy a good brandy, but as with many
subjects, I don't know much about it. Fifty years ago, I was
kind of partial to Martell Five Star. I haven't seen that label
(five star) in many years.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 29-09-2009, 12:33 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" wrote in message
please share the brand, i love brandy, Lee

Lee, I replied to another post asking about it before reading
yours. Just follow this thread and you'll see what I posted. The
brand, however, is St. Remy VSOP and we pay $26 for a 1.75l bottle
here in NV.

Nonny