General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2009, 03:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,219
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

On Jul 22, 10:05*am, FERRANTE wrote:
Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE


Where'd you get that? A ladies' mag, or the back of the taco
seasoning packet?


--Bryan

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2009, 04:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 178
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE


Ingredients
4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
7 ounce can Green Mexican Salsa
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped

Cooking Instructions
Grease an 11x7" baking pan. Put the chicken in the pan and toss with
the taco seasoning to coat. Soften the cream cheese and whisk well
with the chives and green sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the chiles.
Pour the sauce evenly over chicken. You can mix it in if you like, but
it's not necessary. Top with the cheese. Bake at 350º 25 minutes,
until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle
with the green onions.

Makes 6-8 servings
Do not freeze
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,523
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

On Jul 22, 8:05*am, FERRANTE wrote:
Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Ingredients
4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
7 ounce can Green Mexican Salsa
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped

Cooking Instructions
Grease an 11x7" baking pan. Put the chicken in the pan and toss with
the taco seasoning to coat. Soften the cream cheese and whisk well
with the chives and green sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the chiles.
Pour the sauce evenly over chicken. You can mix it in if you like, but
it's not necessary. Top with the cheese. Bake at 350º 25 minutes,
until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle
with the green onions.

This one hits a couple of pet peeves. [Rant Mode On] First is
naming. It's called enchilada casserole, but then since it is
obviously not enchiladas they put the word in quotes. What does that
mean? Gosh, my lack of imagination extends not only to the recipe but
to the name, too?
Secondly, every casserole ends with "top with grated cheese." Why?
It's often, as here, completely superfluous. A salsa verde baked
chicken dish is pretty good; smothering it in cheese simply makes it
taste like the other 40 casseroles you make. [Rant Mode Off] -aem
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2009, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,124
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

In article ,
FERRANTE wrote:

Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

(recipe snipped)

Looks good, Mark. Thanks.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 23-07-2009, 12:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36,804
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

"Bobo Bonobo®" wrote in message
...
On Jul 22, 10:05 am, FERRANTE wrote:
Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE


Where'd you get that? A ladies' mag, or the back of the taco
seasoning packet?


--Bryan


I seem to remember something similar in Southern Living Magazine circa 2002.

Jill



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-07-2009, 05:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,545
Default Rec: GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

In article
,
aem wrote:

On Jul 22, 8:05*am, FERRANTE wrote:
Featured Recipe
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Ingredients
4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
8 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
7 ounce can Green Mexican Salsa
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped

Cooking Instructions
Grease an 11x7" baking pan. Put the chicken in the pan and toss with
the taco seasoning to coat. Soften the cream cheese and whisk well
with the chives and green sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the chiles.
Pour the sauce evenly over chicken. You can mix it in if you like, but
it's not necessary. Top with the cheese. Bake at 350º 25 minutes,
until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle
with the green onions.

This one hits a couple of pet peeves. [Rant Mode On] First is
naming. It's called enchilada casserole, but then since it is
obviously not enchiladas they put the word in quotes. What does that
mean? Gosh, my lack of imagination extends not only to the recipe but
to the name, too?


That's a bit weird. I would serve softened corn tortillas with this.
You could eat them out of hand, or spoon the casserole into them and eat
them that way.

Secondly, every casserole ends with "top with grated cheese." Why?


Because it makes it taste better!

:-)

It's often, as here, completely superfluous. A salsa verde baked
chicken dish is pretty good; smothering it in cheese simply makes it
taste like the other 40 casseroles you make. [Rant Mode Off] -aem


Looks good to me.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The dreaded "green bean casserole" notbob General Cooking 60 23-11-2016 04:56 PM
GREEN "ENCHILADA" CHICKEN CASSEROLE FERRANTE[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-07-2009 11:16 AM
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Tamara L Recipes (moderated) 0 07-06-2006 08:47 AM
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Rene English Recipes (moderated) 0 22-06-2004 01:13 PM
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Sandy General Cooking 0 24-01-2004 04:05 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017