Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner on the 9th.... Filet Mignon (Aussie style)

The bacon........

http://i28.tinypic.com/50mrfr.jpg

Tenderloins bacon wrapped.......

http://i26.tinypic.com/9lk95l.jpg

Cooking in the new 'toy'.........

http://i25.tinypic.com/205t4b9.jpg

About to plate.........

http://i30.tinypic.com/34gae1e.jpg

The meat was cooked beautifully, but I wasn't fussed on the lack of
'colour'..... I s'pose I'm spoilt with having char grilled steaks all the
time, but it does lend a bit of 'vision' appeal.

The *huge* bonus was all that fat in the bottom of the pot........ and not
in/on the meat!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> http://i30.tinypic.com/34gae1e.jpg

> The *huge* bonus was all that fat in the bottom of the pot........ and not
> in/on the meat!!

The bacon wrapped meat looks outstanding. I'd have saved some of the fat
and the all of the drippings for gravy. Popovers come to mind.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> http://i30.tinypic.com/34gae1e.jpg

>> The *huge* bonus was all that fat in the bottom of the pot........ and
>> not in/on the meat!!

> The bacon wrapped meat looks outstanding. I'd have saved some of the fat
> and the all of the drippings for gravy. Popovers come to mind.

Don't know what a 'popover' is, but yeah, I usually use some of the pan
drippings to make a sauce/gravy........ but the SO wants me to do her 'low
fat' meals for awhile.

Tonight I'm going to be doing chicken breasts wrapped/draped in
prosciutto.

Based on this recipe...... sorta kinda.....

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4483...rapped+chicken

No pasta, no tomato sauce though.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > wrote in message
. 25...
> Leonard Blaisdell > wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >,
>> PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>> http://i30.tinypic.com/34gae1e.jpg

>>> The *huge* bonus was all that fat in the bottom of the pot........ and
>>> not in/on the meat!!

>> The bacon wrapped meat looks outstanding. I'd have saved some of the fat
>> and the all of the drippings for gravy. Popovers come to mind.
>>

> Don't know what a 'popover' is, but yeah, I usually use some of the pan
> drippings to make a sauce/gravy........ but the SO wants me to do her 'low
> fat' meals for awhile.
>

> Tonight I'm going to be doing chicken breasts wrapped/draped in
> prosciutto.
>
> Based on this recipe...... sorta kinda.....
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4483...rapped+chicken
>
> No pasta, no tomato sauce though.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Killfile all Google Groups posters.........
>
> http://improve-usenet.org/
>
> http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

Save the bacon fat! It has many uses. A very important use for us is to
slather the cut edge of a standing rib roast with bacon fat just before it
goes on the grill. The cut edge retains far more moisture this way, and adds
a bit of taste to the end piece. We just bought a USDA Prime standing rib
roast at Costco yesterday. What are you grilling on? It would be nice of you
had a bit higher direct heat temp. to give the steak a bit more char.

Cheers,

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default isMignon (Aussie style)

"PeterL" > wrote in message
. 25...
> Leonard Blaisdell > wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >,
>> PeterL > wrote:
>>
>>> http://i30.tinypic.com/34gae1e.jpg

>>> The *huge* bonus was all that fat in the bottom of the pot........ and
>>> not in/on the meat!!

>> The bacon wrapped meat looks outstanding. I'd have saved some of the fat
>> and the all of the drippings for gravy. Popovers come to mind.
>>

> Don't know what a 'popover' is, but yeah, I usually use some of the pan
> drippings to make a sauce/gravy........ but the SO wants me to do her 'low
> fat' meals for awhile.
>

> Tonight I'm going to be doing chicken breasts wrapped/draped in
> prosciutto.
>
> Based on this recipe...... sorta kinda.....
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4483...rapped+chicken
>
> No pasta, no tomato sauce though.
>
> --
> Peter Lucas

It looks nice. However for chicken I'd make it with Canadian Bacon. It's
leaner, tasty, and unlike proscuitto should be cooked. I wouldn't do this
dish in the oven. I think it would indirectly grill just fine. It's almost
sad to cook proscuitto. You could stuff a chicken breast with it, but leave
it off the outside. My only exception to this is grilled proscuitto wrapped
larage scallops. This is a great dish worth trying if you haven't. The short
grilling time leaves the prosuitto raw. The proscuitto doesn't directly go
on the grate.

Here's a general recipe for the scallops. Leave out the "Emeril Essence", a
ripoff and season to taste. I use a bit of salt and pepper.

Ed