Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black mold on onion.

In article >,
Hipupchuck > wrote:

> What's that black mold between onion skins? Is it still safe to eat?

Hard to say what it is, but I've simply removed any mold from a few
onions in the past and cut down to clean onion flesh and used as usual.
Hasn't killed me yet...

I do toss any moldy bits of course. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:50:27 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>Hard to say what it is, but I've simply removed any mold from a few
>onions in the past and cut down to clean onion flesh and used as usual.
>Hasn't killed me yet...
>
>I do toss any moldy bits of course. ;-)

You're alive, I'm alive... maybe what we're doing is safe after all.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:50:27 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
>>Hard to say what it is, but I've simply removed any mold from a few
>>onions in the past and cut down to clean onion flesh and used as usual.
>>Hasn't killed me yet...
>>
>>I do toss any moldy bits of course. ;-)

> You're alive, I'm alive... maybe what we're doing is safe after all.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Me too! I've been doing it for years and it hasn't killed me.

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"mom peagram" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:50:27 -0500, Omelet >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Hard to say what it is, but I've simply removed any mold from a few
> >>onions in the past and cut down to clean onion flesh and used as usual.
> >>Hasn't killed me yet...
> >>
> >>I do toss any moldy bits of course. ;-)

> > You're alive, I'm alive... maybe what we're doing is safe after all.
> >
> > --
> > I love cooking with wine.
> > Sometimes I even put it in the food.

> Me too! I've been doing it for years and it hasn't killed me.

Learned it from the parental units.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.