Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Help with cereal based muffins

I want to make some muffins from a favorite cereal (Basic One) that
consists of whole grain flakes, raisins, almonds and cranberries. I
was wondering if I could use a basic bran muffin recipe, and just
substitute the Basic One for the bran cereal. Also, should I crush the
flakes or leave them whole? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bebe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bebe" > wrote in message
>I want to make some muffins from a favorite cereal (Basic One) that
> consists of whole grain flakes, raisins, almonds and cranberries. I
> was wondering if I could use a basic bran muffin recipe, and just
> substitute the Basic One for the bran cereal. Also, should I crush the
> flakes or leave them whole? Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Bebe

I have a cereal recipe for bran muffins using bran flakes perhaps that would
work with Basic one?

-= Exported from BigOven =-

My Six Week Muffins

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 60
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
425 grams Raisin bran ; 15 oz
5 cups Flour
3 cups Sugar
5 teaspoons Baking soda
2 teaspoons Salt
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
5 cups Sour milk
4 Eggs
1 cup Oil

-= Instructions =-
Measure dry ingredients into a very large bowl that can be covered. Add
liquid ingredients. Will keep for 6 weeks, if it lasts that long. Fill
muffin cups 1/2 full and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. NOTE: The dry
mixture may be stored and mixed as needed. Mix at a ratio of 3 cups mix to
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk, 1/4 cup oil, and 1 egg. Reconstituted
buttermilk powder may be used to replace milk. Exported from Home Cookin
4.7 (http://www.mountain-software.com)

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN

B/F Cereal graham[_4_] General Cooking 73 09-06-2015 05:29 AM
Cereal Muffins Mr. Bill[_2_] Baking 0 03-05-2009 01:31 PM
Cereal for Breakfast ? Alexm General Cooking 33 06-08-2008 08:21 PM
HOW U CAN START A HOME BASED BUSINESSARE YOU THINKING TO HAVE A HOME BASED BUSINESS nancy[_3_] General Cooking 3 13-11-2007 12:24 AM
cereal snow duck General Cooking 7 29-09-2007 08:01 PM