Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black seedless grapes

I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than white
and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be pretty in
fruit salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than white
> and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be pretty in
> fruit salad.

I just bought a bunch the other day. They are good. The ones with seeds
are way better - but - such a pain to eat. ;-)

-Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy said...

> cybercat wrote:
>> I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than
>> white and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be
>> pretty in fruit salad.
>>

> I just bought a bunch the other day. They are good. The ones with seeds
> are way better - but - such a pain to eat. ;-)
>
> -Tracy

WHAT???

Black seedless grapes???

NOBODY OK'D THEM WITH ME!!!

Now I must investigate. Dammit!!!

Best,

Andy

--
Eat first, talk later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than white
> and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be pretty in
> fruit salad.

Yesterday morning, I made a fresh fruit salad with black and red
grapes, clementines, bananas, strawberries, apples and pineapple. The
pieces of fruit were large, with the exception of the apples, I cut
those up way too small. What was I thinking?

For a dressing, I nuked some cream cheese, then added a carton of sour
cream, some sugar and a little vanilla extract. I mixed it well and
refrigerated it. We had this after dinner and the dressing had firmed
on the fruit and it was perfect, but I forgot to add the toasted nuts.
Compared to most holidays, I did pretty good.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than
>> white and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be
>> pretty in fruit salad.

> Yesterday morning, I made a fresh fruit salad with black and red grapes,
> clementines, bananas, strawberries, apples and pineapple. The pieces of
> fruit were large, with the exception of the apples, I cut those up way too
> small. What was I thinking?
>
> For a dressing, I nuked some cream cheese, then added a carton of sour
> cream, some sugar and a little vanilla extract. I mixed it well and
> refrigerated it. We had this after dinner and the dressing had firmed on
> the fruit and it was perfect, but I forgot to add the toasted nuts.
> Compared to most holidays, I did pretty good.

Sounds wonderful. I love seedless grapes, orange segments, banana, and
tartish apples with yogurt, lemon and honey dressing. Maybe kiwi, too. I
have also used vanilla yogurt, seems you are going for the same sweet/tangy
thing with your dressing. Fruit salad goes over really well at meals with
heavy dishes, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice contrast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 12:59*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message

> > cybercat wrote:
> >> I saw these for the first time in VA last week. They are sweeter than
> >> white and red, and the ones I bought were HUGE. I think they will be
> >> pretty in fruit salad.

> > Yesterday morning, *I made a fresh fruit salad with black and red grapes,
> > clementines, bananas, strawberries, apples and pineapple. *The pieces of
> > fruit were large, with the exception of the apples, I cut those up way too
> > small. What was I thinking?

> > For a dressing, I nuked some cream cheese, then added a carton of sour
> > cream, some sugar and a little vanilla extract. *I mixed it well and
> > refrigerated it. *We had this after dinner and the dressing had firmed on
> > the fruit and it was perfect, but I forgot to add the toasted nuts.
> > Compared to most holidays, I did pretty good.

> Sounds wonderful. I love seedless grapes, orange segments, banana, and
> tartish apples with yogurt, lemon and honey dressing. Maybe kiwi, too. I
> have also used vanilla yogurt, seems you are going for the same sweet/tangy
> thing with your dressing. Fruit salad goes over really well at meals with
> heavy dishes, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice contrast.

If you can find it, "Greek Gods" yogurt's honey flavor - right out of
the carton - makes a great fruit salad dressing. It is made with
whole milk, but has less fat than cream cheese & sour cream. They
have a pomegranate flavor that's wonderful too, but I was disappointed
in the fig flavor. Guess I only like my figs newtoned.
Lynn in Fargo
(Their no fat yogurt is good too)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Becca" > wrote in message
>
>> Yesterday morning, I made a fresh fruit salad with black and red grapes,
>> clementines, bananas, strawberries, apples and pineapple. The pieces of
>> fruit were large, with the exception of the apples, I cut those up way too
>> small. What was I thinking?
>>
>> For a dressing, I nuked some cream cheese, then added a carton of sour
>> cream, some sugar and a little vanilla extract. I mixed it well and
>> refrigerated it. We had this after dinner and the dressing had firmed on
>> the fruit and it was perfect, but I forgot to add the toasted nuts.
>> Compared to most holidays, I did pretty good.
>>

> Sounds wonderful. I love seedless grapes, orange segments, banana, and
> tartish apples with yogurt, lemon and honey dressing. Maybe kiwi, too. I
> have also used vanilla yogurt, seems you are going for the same sweet/tangy
> thing with your dressing. Fruit salad goes over really well at meals with
> heavy dishes, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice contrast.

Since I have been following a low carb diet, I thought a nice fruit
salad would be a good idea. My older son began dieting at work, the
team who loses the highest percentage of body weight, wins (what, I
wonder?). He only had 10 pounds to lose and the contest will be over in
less than 3 weeks. I did not want to jeopardize his team's chances.
Then Mr. Bill posted his coffee cake recipe and I baked that this
morning. It is all his fault.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:40:37 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig
> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>If you can find it, "Greek Gods" yogurt's honey flavor - right out of
>the carton - makes a great fruit salad dressing. It is made with
>whole milk, but has less fat than cream cheese & sour cream. They
>have a pomegranate flavor that's wonderful too, but I was disappointed
>in the fig flavor. Guess I only like my figs newtoned.
>Lynn in Fargo
>(Their no fat yogurt is good too)

On a freshly made fruit salad, the family and I prefer a plain,
unflavoured, lowfat yogurt and I usually make my own from Easi-Yo's
unsweetened, probiotic Bio-Life culture/base powder or use Bio Farm's
plain, unsweetened Low Fat yogurt from the supermarket.

I usually throw in bananas, apples, a sweet orange or few Corsica
mandarins, red grapes, melon (honeydew or watermelon - sometimes rock
melon if it's sweet), gold kiwifruit (much sweeter than green),
strawberries (sometime blueberries) and - sometimes - fresh pineapple.
Since all the fruit I use is ripe I don't add honey or sugar and the
plain yogurt is just sour enough to provide a nice counterpoint that
helps emphasise the natural flavours of the fruit. On the odd occasion
I also squeeze some lemon or lime juice on the fruit and gently mix it
through before adding the yogurt.

Mouth watering as I write ...

Easi-Yo yogurt mix: http://www.easiyo.com/

Bio Farm: http://www.biofarm.co.nz/

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Sounds wonderful. I love seedless grapes, orange segments, banana, and
> tartish apples with yogurt, lemon and honey dressing. Maybe kiwi, too. I
> have also used vanilla yogurt, seems you are going for the same
> sweet/tangy thing with your dressing. Fruit salad goes over really well at
> meals with heavy dishes, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice
> contrast.

Try a touch of cinnamon too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lynn wrote:

> If you can find it, "Greek Gods" yogurt's honey flavor - right out of the
> carton - makes a great fruit salad dressing.

I bought that accidentally, thinking I was getting plain yogurt. I ended up
eating it by itself, and *man* that stuff is good!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:35:57 -0500, Becca wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>>
>> Sounds wonderful. I love seedless grapes, orange segments, banana, and
>> tartish apples with yogurt, lemon and honey dressing. Maybe kiwi, too. I
>> have also used vanilla yogurt, seems you are going for the same sweet/tangy
>> thing with your dressing. Fruit salad goes over really well at meals with
>> heavy dishes, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a nice contrast.

> Since I have been following a low carb diet, I thought a nice fruit
> salad would be a good idea. My older son began dieting at work, the
> team who loses the highest percentage of body weight, wins (what, I
> wonder?). He only had 10 pounds to lose and the contest will be over in
> less than 3 weeks. I did not want to jeopardize his team's chances.
> Then Mr. Bill posted his coffee cake recipe and I baked that this
> morning. It is all his fault.
>
> Becca

i thought it was all *my* fault! are you two-timing me?

your pal,
mom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:35:57 -0500, Becca wrote:
>

>> Since I have been following a low carb diet, I thought a nice fruit
>> salad would be a good idea. My older son began dieting at work, the
>> team who loses the highest percentage of body weight, wins (what, I
>> wonder?). He only had 10 pounds to lose and the contest will be over in
>> less than 3 weeks. I did not want to jeopardize his team's chances.
>> Then Mr. Bill posted his coffee cake recipe and I baked that this
>> morning. It is all his fault.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> i thought it was all *my* fault! are you two-timing me?
>
> your pal,
> mom

It is always Mom's fault. I read this last week.

http://www.zimbio.com/Biology/articl...ys+Mom+s+fault

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:32:29 -0500, Becca wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:35:57 -0500, Becca wrote:
>>

>>> Since I have been following a low carb diet, I thought a nice fruit
>>> salad would be a good idea. My older son began dieting at work, the
>>> team who loses the highest percentage of body weight, wins (what, I
>>> wonder?). He only had 10 pounds to lose and the contest will be over in
>>> less than 3 weeks. I did not want to jeopardize his team's chances.
>>> Then Mr. Bill posted his coffee cake recipe and I baked that this
>>> morning. It is all his fault.
>>>
>>> Becca
>>>

>> i thought it was all *my* fault! are you two-timing me?
>>
>> your pal,
>> mom
>>

> It is always Mom's fault. I read this last week.
>
> http://www.zimbio.com/Biology/articl...ys+Mom+s+fault
>
> Becca

but, but...a boy's best friend *is* his mother.

your pal,
norman