Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why are baking potatoes sweet all of a sudden.

Hi, I can't finish a whole bag of russet or idaho potatoes so I buy
"baking potatoes" individually. Recently I notice they are way too
sweet --tastes like someone bred in about a tablespoon of extra
sugar. Truly awful. I'm fairly sure this is a new variety, but of
course they never post which it is. Why to they have to make
everything sweet? What's next-- sweet fish?

Does anyone know what variety these are and how I can avoid them?

--tom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 6:57*pm, wrote:
> Hi, I can't finish a whole bag of russet or idaho potatoes so I buy
> "baking potatoes" individually. * Recently I notice they are way too
> sweet --tastes like someone bred in about a tablespoon of extra
> sugar. *Truly awful. *I'm fairly sure this is a new variety, but of
> course they never post which it is. *Why to they have to make
> everything sweet? * What's next-- sweet fish?
>
> Does anyone know what variety these are and how I can avoid them?

Do not refrigerate them. That makes them go sweet.

> --tom

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On Mar 18, 6:57 pm, wrote:
> Hi, I can't finish a whole bag of russet or idaho potatoes so I buy
> "baking potatoes" individually. Recently I notice they are way too
> sweet --tastes like someone bred in about a tablespoon of extra
> sugar. Truly awful. I'm fairly sure this is a new variety, but of
> course they never post which it is. Why to they have to make
> everything sweet? What's next-- sweet fish?
>
> Does anyone know what variety these are and how I can avoid them?

Do not refrigerate them. That makes them go sweet.

> --tom

--Bryan
what she said.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

> What's next-- sweet fish?

Sweetfish has been around for long time.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...6906/sweetfish

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
>
>> Do not refrigerate them. That makes them go sweet.

> what she said.

<snork> He is a bitch, isn't he?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 8:21*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> > "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> >> Do not refrigerate them. *That makes them go sweet.

> > what she said.

> <snork> *He is a bitch, isn't he?

Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.

> -sw

--Bryan, who openly acknowledges his feminine side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On Mar 18, 8:21 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Janet Bostwick > wrote:
> > "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> >> Do not refrigerate them. That makes them go sweet.

> > what she said.

> <snork> He is a bitch, isn't he?

Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.

> -sw

--Bryan, who openly acknowledges his feminine side.
I apologize for my error.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Mar 18, 8:21*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Janet Bostwick > wrote:

>>> what she said.

>> <snork> *He is a bitch, isn't he?

> Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.

Did you ever learn set theory in grade school? Not all women are
bitches, but all bitches are women.

-sw (asshole)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 19, 5:14*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> >> <snork> *He is a bitch, isn't he?

> > Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.

> Did you ever learn set theory in grade school? *Not all women are
> bitches, but all bitches are women.

I know set theory well. I think in sets, Venn diagrams and
flowcharts. One mistake is that you've got your sets wrong. In
reality, not all dogs are bitches, but all bitches are dogs.
Substituting "women" for "dogs" is what's offensive.

> -sw (asshole)

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 10:42*pm, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Mar 18, 8:21 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> > > what she said.

> > <snork> He is a bitch, isn't he?

> Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.
>

> > -sw

> --Bryan, who openly acknowledges his feminine side.
> I apologize for my error.

No apology necessary. Yours was an oversight. Maybe Steve should
apologize, but I'm not holding my breath.

> Janet

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:11:50 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Mar 18, 10:42*pm, "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
>> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

>>> <snork> He is a bitch, isn't he?

>> Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.
>>

>>> -sw

>> --Bryan, who openly acknowledges his feminine side.
>> I apologize for my error.

> No apology necessary. Yours was an oversight. Maybe Steve should
> apologize, but I'm not holding my breath.

you know, bobo, maybe you should try getting in touch with your *masculine*
side.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:10:04 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Mar 19, 5:14*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>>> Casually referring to women as "bitch" does not reflect well upon you.

>> Did you ever learn set theory in grade school? *Not all women are
>> bitches, but all bitches are women.

> I know set theory well. I think in sets, Venn diagrams and
> flowcharts.

it's been pretty well established that you don't think in english.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> I know set theory well. I think in sets, Venn diagrams and
> flowcharts. One mistake is that you've got your sets wrong. In
> reality, not all dogs are bitches, but all bitches are dogs.

In the reality of dog breding/showing circles, dogs and bitches are
completely disjoint sets. Both are canines, but they don't overlap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 4:57*pm, wrote:
> Hi, I can't finish a whole bag of russet or idaho potatoes so I buy
> "baking potatoes" individually. * Recently I notice they are way too
> sweet --tastes like someone bred in about a tablespoon of extra
> sugar. *Truly awful. *I'm fairly sure this is a new variety, but of
> course they never post which it is. *Why to they have to make
> everything sweet? * What's next-- sweet fish?
>
> Does anyone know what variety these are and how I can avoid them?
>
> --tom

I gave up on plain old potatoes and now only buy sweet potatoes and
yams. I make french fries, baked, mashed and whateer else I can do
with them like I did with those "white" potaotes and I think they're
better for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:02:23 -0700, Dave Bell
> wrote:

>Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
>> I know set theory well. I think in sets, Venn diagrams and
>> flowcharts. One mistake is that you've got your sets wrong. In
>> reality, not all dogs are bitches, but all bitches are dogs.

>In the reality of dog breding/showing circles, dogs and bitches are
>completely disjoint sets. Both are canines, but they don't overlap.

All are dogs/canines, the subsets are studs and bitches.

Mae West

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 7:42*pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 6:57*pm, wrote:
>
> > Hi, I can't finish a whole bag of russet or idaho potatoes so I buy
> > "baking potatoes" individually. * Recently I notice they are way too
> > sweet --tastes like someone bred in about a tablespoon of extra
> > sugar. *Truly awful. *I'm fairly sure this is a new variety, but of
> > course they never post which it is. *Why to they have to make
> > everything sweet? * What's next-- sweet fish?

> > Does anyone know what variety these are and how I can avoid them?

> Do not refrigerate them. *That makes them go sweet.
>

> > --tom

> --Bryan

So that's it. Yes I did refrigerate them. Thanks. Learn something
every day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 20, 2:53*am, Alex > wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:49:33 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown wrote:
> > I gave up on plain old potatoes and now only buy sweet potatoes and
> > yams. I make french fries, baked, mashed and whateer else I can do
> > with them like I did with those "white" potaotes and I think they're
> > better for you.

They are better for you.

> surely sweet potatoes are even sweeter?

Not necessarily.