Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

I bought a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts- there are 5 of
them and they make up about 3.34 pounds. I was intending on trying them
out in my Foreman Grill one or two at a time as-needed per each meal.

However, the 'use by' date approaches (tomorrow). So I might throw them
in the freezer. I assume that this will stop the clock for now, but
once I take them back out and thaw them they'll have about 1 day or so.

Oar I could cook them all at once. If I were to put them in a
foil-lined 13x9 baking pan, dash them with some (dry) adobo seasoning
and put them in the oven, how hot and how long should I bake them?

Can this be done with frozen chicken breasts, or no?

Any other tips are appreciated.

Thanks

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 8:14*pm, phaeton > wrote:
> I bought a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts- there are 5 of
> them and they make up about 3.34 pounds. *I was intending on trying them
> out in my Foreman Grill one or two at a time as-needed per each meal.
>
> However, the 'use by' date approaches (tomorrow). *So I might throw them
> in the freezer. *I assume that this will stop the clock for now, but
> once I take them back out and thaw them they'll have about 1 day or so.
>
> Oar I could cook them all at once. *If I were to put them in a
> foil-lined 13x9 baking pan, dash them with some (dry) adobo seasoning
> and put them in the oven, how hot and how long should I bake them?
>
> Can this be done with frozen chicken breasts, or no?
>
> Any other tips are appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> -J

The Foreman Grill is supposedly quite good for chicken breasts, (So
says my daughter but she can't boil water) They gotta be thawed. I
buy the IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) split boneless breasts that
come in a big 4 lb resealable bag (about $6). No skin no bones no fat
no trimming. Take 'em out one at a time and ziplock the bag again.
Want it thawed? Nuke if a couple of minutes on med. low. Gonna stir
fry it? Nuke it half that long and cut it in chunks or strips. I
suppose you could bake a frozen breast but it's so easy to thaw just
one or two at a time.
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"phaeton" > wrote in message
> Oar I could cook them all at once. If I were to put them in a foil-lined
> 13x9 baking pan, dash them with some (dry) adobo seasoning and put them in
> the oven, how hot and how long should I bake them?
>
> Can this be done with frozen chicken breasts, or no?

Thaw first and cook away. About 350 for 45 to 60 minutes. Don't over do it
or they will dry out. Use a wooden spatula instead of that oar though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in
:

> "phaeton" > wrote in message
>> Oar I could cook them all at once. If I were to put them in a
>> foil-lined 13x9 baking pan, dash them with some (dry) adobo seasoning
>> and put them in the oven, how hot and how long should I bake them?
>>
>> Can this be done with frozen chicken breasts, or no?

> Thaw first and cook away. About 350 for 45 to 60 minutes. Don't over do
> it or they will dry out. Use a wooden spatula instead of that oar
> though.

Or....... fold some alfoil over, brush with oil, lay some lemon slices on
it, season the breast, lay on the slices, push some garlic butter into the
tenderloin 'slot' (or cut into the breast and put it in there), a couple
lemon slices on top, maybe some chilli...... fold the alfoil over to
enclose and cook on high heat for about 15mins, open and cook for a
further 5 mins to reduce the 'sauce' and brown the top.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html