notbob

Default Rick Bayless sells out!

On 2003-11-07, Ranee Mueller > wrote:

> So, this begs the question: Do you think the food used for Second
> Harvest/Food Rescue type organizations is garbage, too? Or is it just
> that "garbage" is good enough for homeless people and not for working
> folks?
>
> I would be thrilled to work at a restaurant with good food that
> allowed us to take food home. It would be higher quality than fast
> food, fresh, tasty, and would help save money on the food bill. I'd see
> it as a benefit, not an insult.

Oh, quit trying to read more into my statement. If there was no
Harvestwhatever, or a dozen other what-if scenarios, what a restaurant
would do with food "IT COULD NOT HOLD" <---- Now, think about it---
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

....it would throw it away. Now, you can call it whatever the heck
you like, but it COULD, and would, by most people, be called
"garbage". And, it matters not where the food goes, to a homeless
shelter, to an orphanage, to a Republican fund raiser, or whatever. If
it goes out the door and is given away or thrown away without first
being offerred to those who made it, I think that would be an insult.
What? ...the staff is less deserving than homeless people?

nb
Ranee Mueller

In article <nIQrb.162744$Tr4.435226@attbi_s03>, notbob
> wrote:

> ...it would throw it away. Now, you can call it whatever the heck
> you like, but it COULD, and would, by most people, be called
> "garbage". And, it matters not where the food goes, to a homeless
> shelter, to an orphanage, to a Republican fund raiser, or whatever. If
> it goes out the door and is given away or thrown away without first
> being offerred to those who made it, I think that would be an insult.
> What? ...the staff is less deserving than homeless people?

Then why did you get your knickers in a twist about Rick Bayless
giving his staff "garbage" as you put it?

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
notbob

On 2003-11-10, Ranee Mueller > wrote:

> Then why did you get your knickers in a twist about Rick Bayless
> giving his staff "garbage" as you put it?

I didn't. I was being facetious about his trolls making PR out of it.

nb