Old 26-02-2009, 02:32 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Default bloody cyclists

theo wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:57*pm, PeterLucas wrote:

WE pay for the upkeep of these same roads when we pay rego and fuel
taxes. Maybe its time to register all push bikes? Then we will see how
much these fanatical cyclists wish to whinge.

Hey Peter, When I was kid my pushbike had a numberplate and I paid
rego.

What sort of whackjob nation would do that?! I mean to say!

We wouldn't have the roads we do have without cars.

Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have now if we all
rode around on bloody push bikes? I think not

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.

Only problem being that they *never* had push-bikes back in Rome, nice
try ;-)

I know some other folk who are better knowledgeable than us on the
subject so will redirect this to them while I am at it.

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au

Old 26-02-2009, 05:07 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

On Feb 26, 11:32*am, PeterLucas wrote:
theo wrote:

Hey Peter, When I was kid my pushbike had a numberplate and I paid
rego.

What sort of whackjob nation would do that?! I mean to say!

Western Australia.

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.

Only problem being that they *never* had push-bikes back in Rome, nice
try ;-)

Whoooooosh!

Theo
Old 26-02-2009, 05:09 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.

Only problem being that they *never* had push-bikes back in Rome, nice
try ;-)

I know some other folk who are better knowledgeable than us on the
subject so will redirect this to them while I am at it.

rec.food.cooking????

Theo
Old 26-02-2009, 07:47 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th century

Old 26-02-2009, 11:15 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:57 pm, PeterLucas wrote:

Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have now if we all
rode around on bloody push bikes? I think not

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.

****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th century

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as toys in the
early 19th century. They only became utilitarian devices for the
masses around 1990 with the invention of the "safety", which is what
we still ride today.

You may have missed the point.

Theo

Old 26-02-2009, 11:20 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:57 pm, PeterLucas wrote:

Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have
now if we all rode around on bloody push bikes? I think
not

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or
more years ago, for their pushbikes.

****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th
century

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as
toys in the early 19th century. They only became utilitarian
devices for the masses around 1990 with the invention of the
"safety", which is what we still ride today.

You may have missed the point.

And the century!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old 26-02-2009, 11:28 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as toys in the
early 19th century. They only became utilitarian devices for the
masses around 1990

1990?

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...
Old 26-02-2009, 11:31 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:57 pm, PeterLucas wrote:
Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have
now if we all rode around on bloody push bikes? I think
not

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or
more years ago, for their pushbikes.

****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th
century

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as
toys in the early 19th century. They only became utilitarian
devices for the masses around 1990 with the invention of the
"safety", which is what we still ride today.
You may have missed the point.

And the century!

Ahh shit! 1890 of course. Geez.

Theo
Old 26-02-2009, 11:32 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

theo wrote:
On Feb 11, 2:57 pm, PeterLucas wrote:

Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have now if we all
rode around on bloody push bikes? I think not

The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.

****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th century

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as toys in the
early 19th century. They only became utilitarian devices for the
masses around 1990 with the invention of the "safety", which is what
we still ride today.

You may have missed the point.

Theo

Don't think so Theo, when you stated

**The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.***

I replied that I thought the pushbike wasn't invented till the early 19th
century
so, where is the point I supposedly missed?

Or are you referring to the Roman in Gladiator who was wearing a digital
wrist watch?