Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
George W Frost George W Frost is offline

Default bloody cyclists

"theo" > wrote in message
On Feb 26, 4:47 pm, "George W Frost" > wrote:
> "PeterLucas" > wrote in message
>> theo wrote:
>> > On Feb 11, 2:57 pm, PeterLucas > wrote:

> > > Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have now if we all
> > > rode around on bloody push bikes? I think not

> > The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
> > ago, for their pushbikes.

> ****, I thought the pushbike wasnt made till the early 19th century

Ah! Good old reliable George. Bicycles were indeed made as toys in the
early 19th century. They only became utilitarian devices for the
masses around 1990 with the invention of the "safety", which is what
we still ride today.

You may have missed the point.

Theo

Don't think so Theo, when you stated

**The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
ago, for their pushbikes.***

I replied that I thought the pushbike wasn't invented till the early 19th
century
so, where is the point I supposedly missed?

Or are you referring to the Roman in Gladiator who was wearing a digital
wrist watch?