Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
PeterLucas[_17_] PeterLucas[_17_] is offline

Default bloody cyclists

theo wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2:57*pm, PeterLucas > wrote:
>
> > WE pay for the upkeep of these same roads when we pay rego and fuel
> > taxes. Maybe its time to register all push bikes? Then we will see how
> > much these fanatical cyclists wish to whinge.

> Hey Peter, When I was kid my pushbike had a numberplate and I paid
> rego.

What sort of whackjob nation would do that?! I mean to say!

> > We wouldn't have the roads we do have without cars.
> >
> > Do you *really* think we'd have the road system we have now if we all
> > rode around on bloody push bikes? I think not

> The Romans built most of the great roads in Europe 2000 or more years
> ago, for their pushbikes.

Only problem being that they *never* had push-bikes back in Rome, nice
try ;-)

I know some other folk who are better knowledgeable than us on the
subject so will redirect this to them while I am at it.

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au