Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Default bloody cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In aus.motorcycles on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:48:54 +1100
> Nev.. > wrote:
> > BT Humble wrote:
> >>
> >> It seems odd to me that you can spit such venom against cyclists (eg.
> >> lumping all cyclists together as "they" and asserting that "they" all
> >> constantly break the law, inconvenience you, etc. etc.) and still use
> >> those 4 lines at the end of your signature.

> > Just because some cyclists are "green" does not mean that all "greens"
> > ride bicycles. How dare you lump them all in together.
> > Pot.. kettle.. etc.

> By *definition* a trip on a bicycle is greener than the same trip in a
> car.
>
> Slower, sweatier, and liable to more yelling from closet case
> dickheads, but greener.
>
> (although that might depend on bean consumption)

Because its an unrealistic and FALSE premise that push bikes are
greener than using a car!
One only has to think about it for a minute to see that push bikes
will not work with BILLIONS of people in the world.
THINK FFS!

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au