Old 26-02-2009, 02:37 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate

Default bloody cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.motorcycles on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:48:54 +1100
Nev.. wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

It seems odd to me that you can spit such venom against cyclists (eg.
lumping all cyclists together as "they" and asserting that "they" all
constantly break the law, inconvenience you, etc. etc.) and still use
those 4 lines at the end of your signature.

Just because some cyclists are "green" does not mean that all "greens"
ride bicycles. How dare you lump them all in together.
Pot.. kettle.. etc.

By *definition* a trip on a bicycle is greener than the same trip in a
car.

Slower, sweatier, and liable to more yelling from closet case
dickheads, but greener.

(although that might depend on bean consumption)

Because its an unrealistic and FALSE premise that push bikes are
greener than using a car!
One only has to think about it for a minute to see that push bikes
will not work with BILLIONS of people in the world.
THINK FFS!

Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I support the Greens, and I hope you do too:
http://greens.org.au
www.qld.greens.org.au
www.greenpeace.org.au