Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Will it be Sunday breakfast or brunch??

I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
tall glass of fat-free milk.

Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
made-to-happen! ((

Maybe NEXT Sunday!

You and yours?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 5:35*am, Andy > wrote:
> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
> tall glass of fat-free milk.

That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.

> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

> On Feb 15, 5:35*am, Andy > wrote:
>> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

>> tall glass of fat-free milk.

> That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.
>
>> Andy

> --Bryan

Bryan,

Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
pressure, ya gotta be picky.

That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> You and yours?

Brunch. Soft-boiled eggs on toast.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>
> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
> made-to-happen! ((
>
> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>
> You and yours?
>
> Andy

I saute'd mushrooms with leeks last night in coconut oil with a bit of
garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. When they were done, I tossed 2 lbs.
of shelled prawns into the pan and tossed them around until they were
just pink. :-)

I then mixed those in with the mushrooms and leeks.

I'll have leftovers of THEM for breakfast. Probably toss some of that
mix into an Omelet with a bit of Jack cheese. ;-d

I'd take pics but I seem to have mis-placed my digicam. :-( I need to
replace it anyway as the pixels are going all screwy. I'm getting bars
across my pictures.

Any recommendations for something under $200.00?
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Bobo Bonobo® said...
>
> > On Feb 15, 5:35*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

> >> tall glass of fat-free milk.

> > That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.
> >
> >> Andy

> > --Bryan

> Bryan,
>
> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
> pressure, ya gotta be picky.
>
> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Andy,

Please pick up a copy of Atkins "The New Diet Revolution".

That way you can enjoy eating again...
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Bobo Bonobo® said...

>> > That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.

>> > --Bryan

>> Bryan,
>>
>> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
>> pressure, ya gotta be picky.
>>
>> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> Andy,
>
> Please pick up a copy of Atkins "The New Diet Revolution".
>
> That way you can enjoy eating again...

Mornin' Om!

I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
concern.

Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> Andy wrote:
>

>> You and yours?

> Brunch. Soft-boiled eggs on toast.

Cathy,

What? No fat-free Bloody Mary's?!? If there IS such a thing? <VBG>

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

>> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>>
>> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-

overdose-
>> made-to-happen! ((
>>
>> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>>
>> You and yours?
>>
>> Andy

> I saute'd mushrooms with leeks last night in coconut oil with a bit of
> garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. When they were done, I tossed 2 lbs.
> of shelled prawns into the pan and tossed them around until they were
> just pink. :-)
>
> I then mixed those in with the mushrooms and leeks.
>
> I'll have leftovers of THEM for breakfast. Probably toss some of that
> mix into an Omelet with a bit of Jack cheese. ;-d
>
> I'd take pics but I seem to have mis-placed my digicam. :-( I need to
> replace it anyway as the pixels are going all screwy. I'm getting bars
> across my pictures.
>
> Any recommendations for something under $200.00?

Om,

Recommendation?

Toast?

LOLOL!!!

Best,

Andy
[Running away]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 5:51*am, Andy > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® said...
>

> > On Feb 15, 5:35*am, Andy > wrote:
> >> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

> >> tall glass of fat-free milk.

> > That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.

> >> Andy

> > --Bryan

> Bryan,
>
> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
> pressure, ya gotta be picky.

Microwaves do funny things to egg white.
There are these things called 8" non-stick saute' pans that are just
right for scrambling a few eggs.

> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>

Yesterday, at 10 am, I had just finished mixing up the tempura batter
for the jalapeno strips and chunks of red bell peppers. I also fried
up 4-1/2 # of tilapia, salted peppered and dredged in cornmeal, fried
in peanut oil. Lots of lime wedges on the side.
The spell checker on Google Groups does not recognize "tilapia."

> Best,
>
> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...
>
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> Bobo Bonobo® said...

> >> Bryan,
> >>
> >> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
> >> pressure, ya gotta be picky.
> >>
> >> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Andy,
> >
> > Please pick up a copy of Atkins "The New Diet Revolution".
> >
> > That way you can enjoy eating again...

> Mornin' Om!

Mornin' Andy! :-)

> I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
> maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
> concern.
>
> Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Atkins dieting will lower your cholesterol, and especially your
triglycerides babe. At least it does for _me_. YMMV as always!

Consume enough calories on a low carb regimen and you can maintain your
weight.

I just avoid starch and sugar for the most part except for the
occasional treat.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Omelet said...
>
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

> >> tall glass of fat-free milk.
> >>
> >> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-

> overdose-
> >> made-to-happen! ((
> >>
> >> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
> >>
> >> You and yours?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > I saute'd mushrooms with leeks last night in coconut oil with a bit of
> > garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. When they were done, I tossed 2 lbs.
> > of shelled prawns into the pan and tossed them around until they were
> > just pink. :-)
> >
> > I then mixed those in with the mushrooms and leeks.
> >
> > I'll have leftovers of THEM for breakfast. Probably toss some of that
> > mix into an Omelet with a bit of Jack cheese. ;-d
> >
> > I'd take pics but I seem to have mis-placed my digicam. :-( I need to
> > replace it anyway as the pixels are going all screwy. I'm getting bars
> > across my pictures.
> >
> > Any recommendations for something under $200.00?

> Om,
>
> Recommendation?
>
> Toast?
>
> LOLOL!!!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
> [Running away]

<lol> My digicam IS toast! I need a new one. :-)
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® said...

> On Feb 15, 5:51*am, Andy > wrote:
>> Bobo Bonobo® said...

an

>> > That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.

>> > --Bryan

>> Bryan,
>>
>> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
>> pressure, ya gotta be picky.

> Microwaves do funny things to egg white.

Bryan,

I neglected to mention I use fake (Eggbeaters) eggs. They cook up great,
IME. Probably sucks to prison inmates! Been to Alcatraz. I can imagine the
food riots!!! <G>

> There are these things called 8" non-stick saute' pans that are just
> right for scrambling a few eggs.
>>
>> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>

> Yesterday, at 10 am, I had just finished mixing up the tempura batter
> for the jalapeno strips and chunks of red bell peppers. I also fried
> up 4-1/2 # of tilapia, salted peppered and dredged in cornmeal, fried
> in peanut oil. Lots of lime wedges on the side.
> The spell checker on Google Groups does not recognize "tilapia."

You make me flinch when you say "fried!"

Gimme baked mahi mahi filets!

There go the riot alarms again!!! <G>

Gotta go!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> What? No fat-free Bloody Mary's?!? If there IS such a thing? <VBG>
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

I'll pass on the BMs - thankyewverymuch, fat-free or not ;-)
Ya know me, forever the tea drinker...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:23:49 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
>maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
>concern.
>
>Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!

Try South Beach, Andy. Much less restrictive, and was created for
controlling heart conditions. The recipes are awesome!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>
> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
> made-to-happen! ((
>
> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>
> You and yours?
>
> Andy

I had my early brekkie of two small LC blueberry-cranberry-pecan
muffins, and 2 cups of cafe au lait. (A repeat.) My daughter
will go to what is for her brekkie and for me lunch at a Japanese
restaurant.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:23:49 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
>>maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
>>concern.
>>
>>Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!

> Try South Beach, Andy. Much less restrictive, and was created for
> controlling heart conditions. The recipes are awesome!
>
> Carol

Carol,

I'm NOT on a diet!

Given my food constraints, I've adjusted. Plain and simple.

I'm OK (well not always) with that.

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>
>> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
>> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>>
>> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
>> made-to-happen! ((
>>
>> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>>
>> You and yours?
>>
>> Andy

> I saute'd mushrooms with leeks last night in coconut oil with a bit of
> garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. When they were done, I tossed 2 lbs.
> of shelled prawns into the pan and tossed them around until they were
> just pink. :-)
>
> I then mixed those in with the mushrooms and leeks.
>
> I'll have leftovers of THEM for breakfast. Probably toss some of that
> mix into an Omelet with a bit of Jack cheese. ;-d
>
> I'd take pics but I seem to have mis-placed my digicam. :-( I need to
> replace it anyway as the pixels are going all screwy. I'm getting bars
> across my pictures.
>
> Any recommendations for something under $200.00?

Ah yes, Omeletizing things. We share that delight.

I am reminded that the next LC cheesecake I make will be a savory
one, featuring leeks and mushrooms.

BTW, there was some discussion of the price of leeks recently. I
was pleased to find them for a decent price at Trader Joe's.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Omelet said...
>
>> In article >, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> Bobo Bonobo® said...

>>> Bryan,
>>>
>>> Yeah, rightly so, but when ya got gout and diabetes and high blood
>>> pressure, ya gotta be picky.
>>>
>>> That AND I couldn't wait until 10 a.m.!!! DAMMIT! <VBG>
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Andy,
>>
>> Please pick up a copy of Atkins "The New Diet Revolution".
>>
>> That way you can enjoy eating again...

> Mornin' Om!
>
> I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
> maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
> concern.
>
> Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

How are you controlling the last two?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:28:26 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress said...
>
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 06:23:49 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>>I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
>>>maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
>>>concern.
>>>
>>>Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!

>> Try South Beach, Andy. Much less restrictive, and was created for
>> controlling heart conditions. The recipes are awesome!

>I'm NOT on a diet!
>
>Given my food constraints, I've adjusted. Plain and simple.
>
>I'm OK (well not always) with that.

I was recommending the recipes more than anything else. They should
be heart-healthy, and they are broken into three phases. Only the
first two are for weight loss. The American Heart Association
cookbook is very good, too.

Carol, backing away slowly

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and

>> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>>
>> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-

overdose-
>> made-to-happen! ((
>>
>> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>>
>> You and yours?
>>
>> Andy

> I had my early brekkie of two small LC blueberry-cranberry-pecan
> muffins, and 2 cups of cafe au lait. (A repeat.) My daughter
> will go to what is for her brekkie and for me lunch at a Japanese
> restaurant.

Jean B,,

Ooooooh!!!.... wish I was local! I'd treat you both! ))

<smootch>

Best,

Andy
Waiter, I'll need a fork AND a spoon! And LOTS of napkins!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:28:26 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>Damsel in dis Dress said...

bigger

>>> Try South Beach, Andy. Much less restrictive, and was created for
>>> controlling heart conditions. The recipes are awesome!

>>I'm NOT on a diet!
>>
>>Given my food constraints, I've adjusted. Plain and simple.
>>
>>I'm OK (well not always) with that.

> I was recommending the recipes more than anything else. They should
> be heart-healthy, and they are broken into three phases. Only the
> first two are for weight loss. The American Heart Association
> cookbook is very good, too.
>
> Carol, backing away slowly

Carol,

When you have to juggle around a gout, high bp, diabetes diet, it 's by
nature, VERY restrictive.

Best,

Andy
Come back!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jean B. said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Omelet said...

>>> Andy,
>>>
>>> Please pick up a copy of Atkins "The New Diet Revolution".
>>>
>>> That way you can enjoy eating again...

>> Mornin' Om!
>>
>> I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
>> maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
>> concern.
>>
>> Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> How are you controlling the last two?

Jean B.,

By NOT going to Sunday brunch? <VBG>

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:51:27 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Carol,
>
>When you have to juggle around a gout, high bp, diabetes diet, it 's by
>nature, VERY restrictive.

I'll bet! I don't have gout, but I share the rest of your maladies.
We don't use much salt around here. I'm not a very good diabetic, but
my A1Cs are still 6.2 or thereabouts.

The cookbooks I recommended have good stuff in 'em.

>Best,
>
>Andy
>Come back!!!

I'm back! but I have to go back up to bed for a bit. It's cold on
the main floor (10F outside), but upstairs it's warmer, and I have
four layers of covers to snuggle under. I'll be baaaaaaaack!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
>I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
> tall glass of fat-free milk.
>
> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
> made-to-happen! ((
>
> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
>
> You and yours?
>
> Andy

Neither breakfast nor brunch. Leftovers from last night's dinner in the mid
afternoon. Linguini, mussels in butter/garlic sauce, and fresh yellow
squash sauteed with shallots.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 8:40*am, Damsel in dis Dress >
wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:28:26 -0600, Andy > wrote:
> >Damsel in dis Dress said...

> >> Try South Beach, Andy. *Much less restrictive, and was created for
> >> controlling heart conditions. *The recipes are awesome!

Atkins lite. Great for folks who are just a little overweight.

> >I'm NOT on a diet!

How could anyone who eats Egg Beaters deny being "on a diet"?

> >Given my food constraints, I've adjusted. Plain and simple.

> >I'm OK (well not always) with that.

> I was recommending the recipes more than anything else. *They should
> be heart-healthy, and they are broken into three phases. *Only the
> first two are for weight loss. *The American Heart Association
> cookbook is very good, too.

Any cookbook that uses fat free cheese and eschews heavy cream could
never be "very good." Those dumbasses probably use egg whites
wherever whole eggs are appropriate, and whole eggs where they should
use only yolks.

AHA is a group of cardiologists. If Americans quit getting heart
disease, they're out of work.

> Carol, backing away slowly

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jean B." > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >, Andy > wrote:
> >
> >> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
> >> tall glass of fat-free milk.
> >>
> >> Restaurant all-you-can-eat brunch buffet is always a great food-overdose-
> >> made-to-happen! ((
> >>
> >> Maybe NEXT Sunday!
> >>
> >> You and yours?
> >>
> >> Andy

> > I saute'd mushrooms with leeks last night in coconut oil with a bit of
> > garlic, lemon pepper and dill weed. When they were done, I tossed 2 lbs.
> > of shelled prawns into the pan and tossed them around until they were
> > just pink. :-)
> >
> > I then mixed those in with the mushrooms and leeks.
> >
> > I'll have leftovers of THEM for breakfast. Probably toss some of that
> > mix into an Omelet with a bit of Jack cheese. ;-d
> >
> > I'd take pics but I seem to have mis-placed my digicam. :-( I need to
> > replace it anyway as the pixels are going all screwy. I'm getting bars
> > across my pictures.
> >
> > Any recommendations for something under $200.00?

> Ah yes, Omeletizing things. We share that delight.
>
> I am reminded that the next LC cheesecake I make will be a savory
> one, featuring leeks and mushrooms.
>
> BTW, there was some discussion of the price of leeks recently. I
> was pleased to find them for a decent price at Trader Joe's.

I found a nice large bunch of leeks the next day for a good price. :-)
I only used one of them for this. 2 left for other things.

Cheescake? Sounds more like a quiche?

I did follow thru with plans for breakfast but skipped the cheese. I
did three eggs with a handful of the mushrooms, leeks and prawns. It
was wunnderful.

I did my Airrosti roller exercises a bit ago. I swear the Dr. is insane.
Twice per day I'm supposed to do these. Right. ;-p
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> We don't use much salt around here. I'm not a very good diabetic, but
> my A1Cs are still 6.2 or thereabouts.
>
> The cookbooks I recommended have good stuff in 'em.

My last one was 5.4.
I simply do my best to avoid starch and sugar.
No fruit either.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:27:42 -0800 (PST), Bobo Bonobo®
> wrote:

>On Feb 15, 8:40*am, Damsel in dis Dress >
>wrote:
>
>> *The American Heart Association cookbook is very good, too.

>Any cookbook that uses fat free cheese and eschews heavy cream could
>never be "very good."

Okay, I'll admit to ignoring that kind of crap. I lean more toward
Atkins, myself. But I've made a couple of their "normal" dishes, like
the beef burgundy, and they were "very good."

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress said...

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:51:27 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>
>>Carol,
>>
>>When you have to juggle around a gout, high bp, diabetes diet, it 's by
>>nature, VERY restrictive.

> I'll bet! I don't have gout, but I share the rest of your maladies.
> We don't use much salt around here. I'm not a very good diabetic, but
> my A1Cs are still 6.2 or thereabouts.
>
> The cookbooks I recommended have good stuff in 'em.
>
>>Best,
>>
>>Andy
>>Come back!!!

> I'm back! but I have to go back up to bed for a bit. It's cold on
> the main floor (10F outside), but upstairs it's warmer, and I have
> four layers of covers to snuggle under. I'll be baaaaaaaack!
>
> Carol

Heh heh heh heh heh!

Do you have one of those new-fangled snuggle robes??

I've got on my goose down slippers but am also hiding upstairs and too
timid to tip-toe to the downstairs back door to check the outdoor
thermometer. The iPhone tells me Media, PA is 30° F.

Best,

Andy
°F

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Feb 15, 5:35*am, Andy > wrote:
>> I settled for nucularized scrambled eggs on wimpy whole wheat toast and a
>> tall glass of fat-free milk.

> That sounds like something one would serve to prison inmates.

Is that where you've been?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> Any cookbook that uses fat free cheese and eschews heavy cream could
> never be "very good." Those dumbasses probably use egg whites
> wherever whole eggs are appropriate, and whole eggs where they should
> use only yolks.
>
> AHA is a group of cardiologists. If Americans quit getting heart
> disease, they're out of work.

<lol> I could not agree more!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown said...

> Neither breakfast nor brunch. Leftovers from last night's dinner in the
> mid afternoon. Linguini, mussels in butter/garlic sauce, and fresh
> yellow squash sauteed with shallots.

Jill,

I never took a liking to mussels. I guess it was that rule, if they don't
open up in the pot, they're poison, or whatever!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:43:42 -0600, Andy > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress said...
>
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:51:27 -0600, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>>Come back!!!

>> I'm back! but I have to go back up to bed for a bit. It's cold on
>> the main floor (10F outside), but upstairs it's warmer, and I have
>> four layers of covers to snuggle under. I'll be baaaaaaaack!

>Heh heh heh heh heh!
>
>Do you have one of those new-fangled snuggle robes??

I have a floor length, thick chenille bathrobe. I still haven't made
it back upstairs. When I come back from my morning nap, though, I'll
be wearing that robe!

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:38:10 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> We don't use much salt around here. I'm not a very good diabetic, but
>> my A1Cs are still 6.2 or thereabouts.
>>
>> The cookbooks I recommended have good stuff in 'em.

>My last one was 5.4.
>I simply do my best to avoid starch and sugar.
>No fruit either.

My last was 5.3. I eat everything *in moderation*, including starches,
sugars and fruits, but I exercise for an hour at least 5 times a
week.

No two diabetics will be able to control their BG levels in exactly
the same way insofar as foods that can and cannot be eaten safely. The
most important factors are keeping the weight down and the exercise
up. It's a trade-off, depending on what is most important to one's
health and lifestyle.

Of course, even when I was much heavier and exercised less, I was
fastidious in my BG/HbA1c control. I never went above 5.8 at that
point when I was on oral meds. The weight may have been too high then,
but the BGs never were.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

How could anyone who eats Egg Beaters deny being "on a diet"?

I eat Egg Beaters because they're convenient and sometimes cheaper than
fresh eggs. They're definitely easier to store because you can freeze them.
I don't have high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes or gout. I'm
not on a diet.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Jean B. said...
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Omelet said...

>>> Mornin' Om!
>>>
>>> I've successfully Atkins dieted but I don't need to lose weight. I'm
>>> maintaining at 190 lbs. High blood pressure and cholesterol are a bigger
>>> concern.
>>>
>>> Sure, my meals would sadden most foodies!
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Andy

>> How are you controlling the last two?

> Jean B.,
>
> By NOT going to Sunday brunch? <VBG>
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

LOL! My next meal will most likely be oden or broiled salmon.
Possibly chicken in ginger-garlic sauce. No rice, noodles, etc.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 15-Feb-2009, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > My last one was 5.4.
> > I simply do my best to avoid starch and sugar.
> > No fruit either.

> Mine was 5.3 (no med's, just diet and exercise); I don't avoid starch and
> sugar per se, I simply choose low glycemic response items. Gave up rice and
> use pearled barley, gave up Cheerios for Uncle Sam; rolled barley
> substitutes well for rolled oats. Even low glycemic candy is available -
> Munch peanut bars are great when I just have to have something sweet.
>
> With regard to fruit, I rarely ate it before being diagnosed; now, I have
> low glycemic fruit a couple of times each day; thank God for Del Monte no
> sugar added canned fruit, for when fresh isn't possible.
>
> This is a highly individual disease, with no single approach working best
> for everyone. It is important for each of us to experiment a bit to see
> what works well for us.

Absolutely... but I have access to that blood test whenever I feel like
doing it. Once every 3 months is sufficient since that is the average
life span of a red blood cell.
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Boron Elgar > wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:38:10 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
> >
> >> We don't use much salt around here. I'm not a very good diabetic, but
> >> my A1Cs are still 6.2 or thereabouts.
> >>
> >> The cookbooks I recommended have good stuff in 'em.

> >My last one was 5.4.
> >I simply do my best to avoid starch and sugar.
> >No fruit either.

> My last was 5.3. I eat everything *in moderation*, including starches,
> sugars and fruits, but I exercise for an hour at least 5 times a
> week.

I got back in to weight lifting and swimming last October.

> No two diabetics will be able to control their BG levels in exactly
> the same way insofar as foods that can and cannot be eaten safely. The
> most important factors are keeping the weight down and the exercise
> up. It's a trade-off, depending on what is most important to one's
> health and lifestyle.
>
> Of course, even when I was much heavier and exercised less, I was
> fastidious in my BG/HbA1c control. I never went above 5.8 at that
> point when I was on oral meds. The weight may have been too high then,
> but the BGs never were.

I agree it's up to the individual. The above works for ME.

--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown said...
>
>> Neither breakfast nor brunch. Leftovers from last night's dinner in the
>> mid afternoon. Linguini, mussels in butter/garlic sauce, and fresh
>> yellow squash sauteed with shallots.

> I never took a liking to mussels. I guess it was that rule, if they don't
> open up in the pot, they're poison, or whatever!
>
> Andy

When you buy the frozen ones they're already cooked; if they aren't already
open when you reheat them, just toss them. I've never gotten sick on one.
They're very nice with a bowl of pasta.

Jill <---doesn't worry about carbs