Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tuesday cooking adventures

I started off with a trip to the grocery store and the Bulk Barn. the
plan was to make some ice cream base, get started on ,y light Christmas
fruit cake and to try my hand at Chicken Paprikash

I picked up some whipping cream, butter and sour cream at the grocery
store, then headed to Bulk Barn for raisins, preserved pineapple and red
and green cherries. While I was there I picked up two vials of vanilla pods.

As soon as I got home I got started on the ice cream base and used a
vanilla pod for the deluxe model. I only had one egg left after that and
I needed 8 for the cake. Not a problem. There is a fruit stand on the
next road that sells nice farm fresh eggs, so the dog and I took a walk
over, a mile each way cutting through the woods. On the way home I
stopped and talked to my next door neighbour and danged if the bag
didn't slip out my hands and the eggs hit the ground Not a major
problem. Six of them cracked, but I was going to use them right away so
I didn't lose any.

I got the fruit cake batter made, lined the pans with paper and started
them cooking. Then it was time to tackle the paprikash. That turned out
great. No wonder Hungarians like that stuff so much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:55:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Then it was time to tackle the paprikash. That turned out
>great. No wonder Hungarians like that stuff so much.

I do too! I wonder why I don't make it more?

Mae West