Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Broccoli Cole Slaw with pork chops

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
> remember it to be.
> It was perfect with a pork chop.
>
> Assembled the ingredients.
> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

<snippety>

Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Broccoli slaw???
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:37:45 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
>> remember it to be.
>> It was perfect with a pork chop.
>>
>> Assembled the ingredients.
>> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

><snippety>
>
>Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
>Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

The potato is a potato scrub brush. The one behind it is a crying
onion. It was a gift and it makes me smile so I keep it around.

>Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
>"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Thank you Om.
It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

>Broccoli slaw???

Yep. It's shredded broccoli with some cabbage also. Pre-packaged
stuff. One of my few cheats.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:37:45 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
> >> remember it to be.
> >> It was perfect with a pork chop.
> >>
> >> Assembled the ingredients.
> >> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

> ><snippety>
> >
> >Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
> >Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

> The potato is a potato scrub brush. The one behind it is a crying
> onion. It was a gift and it makes me smile so I keep it around.

It made me smile too. :-)

> >Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
> >"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.
> >

> Thank you Om.
> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".

Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
I know. <g>

Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
Grocer on line:

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/

Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)

It is Shirataki

They have no flavor at all but will soak up the flavor of whatever you
cook them in. I have a small batch soaking right now in some Wylers
cube stock. They also go well with various salad dressings, or lite
soy sauce.

I've even used them for spaghetti and marinara sauce. ;-d

> >Broccoli slaw???

> Yep. It's shredded broccoli with some cabbage also. Pre-packaged
> stuff. One of my few cheats.

Considering that I purchase pre-cooked and peeled hard boiled eggs now,
I have no room to talk. <g>

They are perfect every time. Even the yolks are creamy, no green line!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:17:20 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>> >In article >,
>> > koko > wrote:

snippage

>> Thank you Om.
>> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

>No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
>Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".
>
>Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
>I know. <g>
>
>Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
>by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
>Grocer on line:
>
>http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/
>
>Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)
>
>It is Shirataki

more snippage

Thanks Om. I'll see if my local Asian mkt has them. I like trying new
and different, to me, things.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> snippage
>

> >> Thank you Om.
> >> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

> >No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
> >Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".
> >
> >Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
> >I know. <g>
> >
> >Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
> >by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
> >Grocer on line:
> >
> >http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/
> >
> >Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)
> >
> >It is Shirataki
> >

> more snippage
>
> Thanks Om. I'll see if my local Asian mkt has them. I like trying new
> and different, to me, things.

I know exactly what you mean. :-) I love the Asian market for just that
reason and swear to try one new thing every time I shop there! I only go
now 2 or 3 times per year since it's in North Austin now. It's about a
40 mile drive.