Old 12-10-2008, 01:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Broccoli Cole Slaw with pork chops

I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
remember it to be.
It was perfect with a pork chop.

Assembled the ingredients.
http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

Melt the butter in a skillet and add the crunched up ramen noodles.
http://i35.tinypic.com/zl5jjq.jpg

Then the slivered almonds
http://i36.tinypic.com/6pngir.jpg

Watch them closely, mine got a little too brown.
http://i37.tinypic.com/97tu34.jpg

Put the packaged broccoli slaw into a bowl.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2nmudf.jpg

Add the noodles and almonds.
http://i36.tinypic.com/29zbtbr.jpg

Add the dressing.
http://i33.tinypic.com/binkid.jpg

Mix well.
http://i34.tinypic.com/i6xjsp.jpg

Cook up a couple of pork chops. I only seasoned them lightly with some
seasoned salt.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg

I got some beautiful pan drippings.
http://i36.tinypic.com/28831wj.jpg

Deglazed with some dry white wine.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s2z7ug.jpg

Dice up a little shallot.
http://i37.tinypic.com/9abzhj.jpg

Add to wine and reduce to a thick sauce.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2dbmio5.jpg

Drizzle the sauce over a pork chop and serve with the broccoli slaw
mmmm good eats.
http://i38.tinypic.com/ipmkg1.jpg

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4

Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:38:00 -0700, koko wrote:

I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
remember it to be.
It was perfect with a pork chop.

I first had the ramen cole slaw when I moved to California back in the
mid 80's. There, it had chicken in it..and that it the recipe I have.
I never toasted the almonds or the ramen in butter though... Now I
will have to try this version!!

Christine
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:38 pm, koko wrote:
[...]

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Maybe I'm old, but, for me, a narrative still works beter than a
powerpoint.

bulka
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"bulka" wrote in message

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she prepares
and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and verbally. And
I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this group appreciate her
efforts. I, for one, do.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" wrote in message

"bulka" wrote in message

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

I do too. Very much so. But I'm not sure when exactly after the time I had
been lurking. After a while I searched her posts out just to see the
preparation method and end result. I love it.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" wrote in message

"bulka" wrote in message

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

I do too. However, you are still an asshole.

Also, you smell funny.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
koko wrote:

I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
remember it to be.
It was perfect with a pork chop.

Assembled the ingredients.
http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

snippety

Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
"treat" status. g I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Broccoli slaw???
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Paco" wrote:

"bulka" wrote in message

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she prepares
and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and verbally. And
I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this group appreciate her
efforts. I, for one, do.

Ditto.

It's a lot of work setting all that up! I've done it in the past and
don't do it as often as I should.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Paco" wrote in message

"bulka" wrote in message

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

I do too. However, you are still an asshole.

I was referring to people who prefer that their meals require more than a
can opener and a microwave oven to prepare and who don't get dressed-up in
their "Sunday going to Meeting clothes" for fine dining at Cracker Barrel.
Shouldn't your face be nuzzled into Murphy's crotch? Saturday night, your
"husband" is passed out and you have bills to pay. Half a buck here, half a
buck there; it adds up.

Also, you smell funny.

Another brilliant example of your rapier-like wit.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka
wrote:

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

I'm sure she meant well and did even better. If you don't want to
look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. Why criticize
something you're not capable of doing yourself?

Lou

Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

I'm sure she meant well and did even better. *If you don't want to
look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. *Why criticize
something you're not capable of doing yourself? *

Lou

In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. But if you
do saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
when you put the dressing on.
Lynn in Fargo
PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
all the ingredients?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:38�pm, koko wrote:
Add the noodles and almonds.http://i36.tinypic.com/29zbtbr.jpg

Add the dressing.http://i33.tinypic.com/binkid.jpg

Mix well.http://i34.tinypic.com/i6xjsp.jpg

That's a pasta salad... it's not slaw.

Cook up a couple of pork chops.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg

Those are not chops.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:37:45 -0500, Omelet

koko wrote:

I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
remember it to be.
It was perfect with a pork chop.

Assembled the ingredients.
http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

snippety

Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

The potato is a potato scrub brush. The one behind it is a crying
onion. It was a gift and it makes me smile so I keep it around.

Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
"treat" status. g I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Thank you Om.
It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

Broccoli slaw???

Yep. It's shredded broccoli with some cabbage also. Pre-packaged
stuff. One of my few cheats.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
bulka wrote:

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

I'm sure she meant well and did even better. �If you don't want to
look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. �Why criticize
something you're not capable of doing yourself? �

I like all the pix... I wish more people would, pix prove what the
mouth claims... in fact they often require more effort than the
cooking. The pix are important, there really is no other more
succinct way to accurately describe what was accomplished.

However I in no way feel obligated to applaud the food per se, or
refrian from constructive criticism (that's the purpose of usenet, not
to make disingenuous sound bytes), but I definitely appreciate the
effort of both its preparation and the pix.

Koko has contributed much by way of enhancement to RFC, bulka has
contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile, nada, zero. Truth is I
seriously doubt bulka is a real person, just another poser morph.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

Lou Decruss wrote:
bulka wrote:

[...]

GM replies:

Yep, Koko is always kind and helpful, I appreciate the pics and the
recipes....

And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
very least.

--
Best
Greg