Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Broccoli Cole Slaw with pork chops

I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
remember it to be.
It was perfect with a pork chop.

Assembled the ingredients.
http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

Melt the butter in a skillet and add the crunched up ramen noodles.
http://i35.tinypic.com/zl5jjq.jpg

Then the slivered almonds
http://i36.tinypic.com/6pngir.jpg

Watch them closely, mine got a little too brown.
http://i37.tinypic.com/97tu34.jpg

Put the packaged broccoli slaw into a bowl.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2nmudf.jpg

Add the noodles and almonds.
http://i36.tinypic.com/29zbtbr.jpg

Add the dressing.
http://i33.tinypic.com/binkid.jpg

Mix well.
http://i34.tinypic.com/i6xjsp.jpg

Cook up a couple of pork chops. I only seasoned them lightly with some
seasoned salt.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg

I got some beautiful pan drippings.
http://i36.tinypic.com/28831wj.jpg

Deglazed with some dry white wine.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s2z7ug.jpg

Dice up a little shallot.
http://i37.tinypic.com/9abzhj.jpg

Add to wine and reduce to a thick sauce.
http://i34.tinypic.com/2dbmio5.jpg

Drizzle the sauce over a pork chop and serve with the broccoli slaw
mmmm good eats.
http://i38.tinypic.com/ipmkg1.jpg

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:38:00 -0700, koko > wrote:

>I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
>remember it to be.
>It was perfect with a pork chop.

I first had the ramen cole slaw when I moved to California back in the
mid 80's. There, it had chicken in it..and that it the recipe I have.
I never toasted the almonds or the ramen in butter though... Now I
will have to try this version!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:38 pm, koko > wrote:
> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
> remember it to be.
> It was perfect with a pork chop.
>
> Assembled the ingredients.http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg
>
> Melt the butter in a skillet and add the crunched up ramen noodles.http://i35.tinypic.com/zl5jjq.jpg
>
> Then the slivered almondshttp://i36.tinypic.com/6pngir.jpg
>
> Watch them closely, mine got a little too brown.http://i37.tinypic.com/97tu34.jpg
>
> Put the packaged broccoli slaw into a bowl.http://i37.tinypic.com/2nmudf.jpg
>
> Add the noodles and almonds.http://i36.tinypic.com/29zbtbr.jpg
>
> Add the dressing.http://i33.tinypic.com/binkid.jpg
>
> Mix well.http://i34.tinypic.com/i6xjsp.jpg
>
> Cook up a couple of pork chops. I only seasoned them lightly with some
> seasoned salt.http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg
>
> I got some beautiful pan drippings.http://i36.tinypic.com/28831wj.jpg
>
> Deglazed with some dry white wine.http://i37.tinypic.com/s2z7ug.jpg
>
> Dice up a little shallot.http://i37.tinypic.com/9abzhj.jpg
>
> Add to wine and reduce to a thick sauce.http://i34.tinypic.com/2dbmio5.jpg
>
> Drizzle the sauce over a pork chop and serve with the broccoli slaw
> mmmm good eats.http://i38.tinypic.com/ipmkg1.jpg
>
> koko
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 10/4

Koko -

It's ramen and cabbage.

I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Maybe I'm old, but, for me, a narrative still works beter than a
powerpoint.

bulka
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bulka" > wrote in message

> Koko -
>
> It's ramen and cabbage.
>
> I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she prepares
and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and verbally. And
I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this group appreciate her
efforts. I, for one, do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" > wrote in message

> "bulka" > wrote in message
>> >

>> Koko -
>>
>> It's ramen and cabbage.
>>
>> I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
>> ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.
>>

> Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
> prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
> verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
> group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

I do too. Very much so. But I'm not sure when exactly after the time I had
been lurking. After a while I searched her posts out just to see the
preparation method and end result. I love it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" > wrote in message

> "bulka" > wrote in message
>> >

>> Koko -
>>
>> It's ramen and cabbage.
>>
>> I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
>> ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.
>>

> Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
> prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
> verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
> group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

I do too. However, you are still an asshole.

Also, you smell funny.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
> remember it to be.
> It was perfect with a pork chop.
>
> Assembled the ingredients.
> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

<snippety>

Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Broccoli slaw???
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paco" > wrote:

> "bulka" > wrote in message
> > >

> > Koko -
> >
> > It's ramen and cabbage.
> >
> > I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> > ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.
> >

> Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she prepares
> and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and verbally. And
> I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this group appreciate her
> efforts. I, for one, do.

Ditto.

It's a lot of work setting all that up! I've done it in the past and
don't do it as often as I should.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Paco" > wrote in message
>>
>> "bulka" > wrote in message
>>> >

>>> Koko -
>>>
>>> It's ramen and cabbage.
>>>
>>> I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
>>> ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.
>>>

>> Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
>> prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
>> verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
>> group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

> I do too. However, you are still an asshole.

I was referring to people who prefer that their meals require more than a
can opener and a microwave oven to prepare and who don't get dressed-up in
their "Sunday going to Meeting clothes" for fine dining at Cracker Barrel.
Shouldn't your face be nuzzled into Murphy's crotch? Saturday night, your
"husband" is passed out and you have bills to pay. Half a buck here, half a
buck there; it adds up.

> Also, you smell funny.

Another brilliant example of your rapier-like wit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka
> wrote:

>It's ramen and cabbage.
>
>I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
>ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

I'm sure she meant well and did even better. If you don't want to
look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. Why criticize
something you're not capable of doing yourself?

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 12, 9:08*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka
>
> > wrote:
> >It's ramen and cabbage.

> >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

> I'm sure she meant well and did even better. *If you don't want to
> look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. *Why criticize
> something you're not capable of doing yourself? *
>
> Lou

In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. But if you
do saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
when you put the dressing on.
Lynn in Fargo
PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
all the ingredients?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:38ï¿œpm, koko > wrote:
> > Add the noodles and almonds.http://i36.tinypic.com/29zbtbr.jpg

> Add the dressing.http://i33.tinypic.com/binkid.jpg
>
> Mix well.http://i34.tinypic.com/i6xjsp.jpg

That's a pasta salad... it's not slaw.

> Cook up a couple of pork chops.
> http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg

Those are not chops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:37:45 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
>> remember it to be.
>> It was perfect with a pork chop.
>>
>> Assembled the ingredients.
>> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

><snippety>
>
>Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
>Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

The potato is a potato scrub brush. The one behind it is a crying
onion. It was a gift and it makes me smile so I keep it around.

>Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
>"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.

Thank you Om.
It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

>Broccoli slaw???

Yep. It's shredded broccoli with some cabbage also. Pre-packaged
stuff. One of my few cheats.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> bulka wrote:
>
> >It's ramen and cabbage.

> >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

> I'm sure she meant well and did even better. ï¿œIf you don't want to
> look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. ï¿œWhy criticize
> something you're not capable of doing yourself? ᅵ

I like all the pix... I wish more people would, pix prove what the
mouth claims... in fact they often require more effort than the
cooking. The pix are important, there really is no other more
succinct way to accurately describe what was accomplished.

However I in no way feel obligated to applaud the food per se, or
refrian from constructive criticism (that's the purpose of usenet, not
to make disingenuous sound bytes), but I definitely appreciate the
effort of both its preparation and the pix.

Koko has contributed much by way of enhancement to RFC, bulka has
contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile, nada, zero. Truth is I
seriously doubt bulka is a real person, just another poser morph.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

Lou Decruss wrote:
> bulka wrote:
>
> >It's ramen and cabbage.

> >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

> I'm sure she meant well and did even better. ?If you don't want to
> look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. ?Why criticize
> something you're not capable of doing yourself? ?

I like all the pix... I wish more people would, pix prove what the
mouth claims... in fact they often require more effort than the
cooking. The pix are important, there really is no other more
succinct way to accurately describe what was accomplished.

However I in no way feel obligated to applaud the food per se, or
refrian from constructive criticism (that's the purpose of usenet, not
to make disingenuous sound bytes), but I definitely appreciate the
effort of both its preparation and the pix.

Koko has contributed much by way of enhancement to RFC, bulka has
contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile, nada, zero. Truth is I
seriously doubt bulka is a real person, just another poser morph.
-------------

GM replies:

Yep, Koko is always kind and helpful, I appreciate the pics and the
recipes....

And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
very least.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 00:37:45 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> I was hungry for the ramen noodle cole slaw. It's as good as I
> >> remember it to be.
> >> It was perfect with a pork chop.
> >>
> >> Assembled the ingredients.
> >> http://i34.tinypic.com/mw9jkn.jpg

> ><snippety>
> >
> >Love those potato shakers in the background. :-)
> >Are those salt and pepper shakers? Cute!

> The potato is a potato scrub brush. The one behind it is a crying
> onion. It was a gift and it makes me smile so I keep it around.

It made me smile too. :-)

> >Nice series. I love Ramen noodles but they are currently reduced to
> >"treat" status. <g> I'm eating Shiratake instead.
> >

> Thank you Om.
> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".

Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
I know. <g>

Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
Grocer on line:

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/

Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)

It is Shirataki

They have no flavor at all but will soak up the flavor of whatever you
cook them in. I have a small batch soaking right now in some Wylers
cube stock. They also go well with various salad dressings, or lite
soy sauce.

I've even used them for spaghetti and marinara sauce. ;-d

> >Broccoli slaw???

> Yep. It's shredded broccoli with some cabbage also. Pre-packaged
> stuff. One of my few cheats.

Considering that I purchase pre-cooked and peeled hard boiled eggs now,
I have no room to talk. <g>

They are perfect every time. Even the yolks are creamy, no green line!
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in message
On Oct 12, 9:08 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka
>
> > wrote:
> >It's ramen and cabbage.

> >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

> I'm sure she meant well and did even better. If you don't want to
> look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. Why criticize
> something you're not capable of doing yourself?
>
> Lou

In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. But if you
do saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
when you put the dressing on.
Lynn in Fargo
PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
all the ingredients?
***************************************

An even better question is, where does this puffed-up little ******* get off
telling you how to post?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:38ï¿œpm, koko > wrote:

> Cook up a couple of pork chops. I only seasoned them lightly with some
> seasoned salt.http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg
>
> I got some beautiful pan drippings.http://i36.tinypic.com/28831wj.jpg
>
> Deglazed with some dry white wine.http://i37.tinypic.com/s2z7ug.jpg
>
> Dice up a little shallot.http://i37.tinypic.com/9abzhj.jpg
>
> Add to wine and reduce to a thick sauce.http://i34.tinypic.com/2dbmio5.jpg

A little culinary hint... next time saute the shallots (or garlic,
onion, etc) *before* deglazing... the aromatics attain and contribute
a far superior flavor sauted rather than simmered... they will also
aid in deglazing, then add the wine and reduce to concentrate flavor.

Also, those thick pork medallions (they're not chops) would have been
easier to cook to the proper degree of doneness without drying out and
would taste much better were they sliced thinly as cutlets (not
pounded)... lightly dusted with seasoned flour and pan fried quickly
and very briefly (less than one minute per side), then warmed very
breifly in the sauce (ten seconds) and served immediately.

Pounding tender meats like pork loin and chicken breasts is stupid-
dumb, actually makes them cook up dryer and tougher... only fake cooks
on foodtv advocate such idiocy... pounding any meat ruins it, either
mechanically tenderize with a cuber or grind it. Throw your meat
mallets in the trash

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message

>>> Then don't. Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
>>> prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. Visually and
>>> verbally. And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
>>> group appreciate her efforts. I, for one, do.

>> I do too. However, you are still an asshole.
>>

> I was referring to people who prefer that their meals require more than a
> can opener and a microwave oven to prepare and who don't get dressed-up in
> their "Sunday going to Meeting clothes" for fine dining at Cracker Barrel.
> Shouldn't your face be nuzzled into Murphy's crotch? Saturday night, your
> "husband" is passed out and you have bills to pay. Half a buck here, half
> a buck there; it adds up.
>
>> Also, you smell funny.

> Another brilliant example of your rapier-like wit.

I try to consider my audience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote
> I do too. Very much so. But I'm not sure when exactly after the time I
> had been lurking. After a while I searched her posts out just to see the
> preparation method and end result. I love it.

Koko is one of my favorites.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Lynn from Fargo
> wrote:

snippage

>In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all.

You are right Lynn, no boiled ramen. I'm sure we have the same
recipe.

>But if you do saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
>It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
>when you put the dressing on.

Yes, we do have the same recipe.

>Lynn in Fargo
>PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
>all the ingredients?

I just cut the recipe in half. I had a couple of more meals with it.
The noodles do get soft the next day but are not unpleasant.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in ...
> On Oct 12, 9:08 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka
>
> > > wrote:
> > >It's ramen and cabbage.

> > >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
> > >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

> > I'm sure she meant well and did even better. If you don't want to
> > look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. Why criticize
> > something you're not capable of doing yourself?

> > Lou

> In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. *But if you
> do *saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
> It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
> when you put the dressing on.
> Lynn in Fargo
> PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
> all the ingredients?
> ***************************************
>
> An even better question is, where does this puffed-up little ******* get off
> telling you how to post?

How *was* church this morning, cyberpussie...???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paco wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message

> >> Then don't. *Koko does an outstanding job presenting the meals she
> >> prepares and reviewing establishments she's dined at. *Visually and
> >> verbally. *And I'd bet that just about all who regularly frequent this
> >> group appreciate her efforts. *I, for one, do.

> > I do too. However, you are still an asshole.

> I was referring to people who prefer that their meals require more than a
> can opener and a microwave oven to prepare and who don't get dressed-up in
> their "Sunday going to Meeting clothes" for fine dining at Cracker Barrel..
> Shouldn't your face be nuzzled into Murphy's crotch? *Saturday night, your
> "husband" is passed out and you have bills to pay. *Half a buck here, half a
> buck there; it adds up.
>
> > Also, you smell funny.

> Another brilliant example of your rapier-like wit.

The cyperpussie is hitting on all *one* cylinders today, lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:17:20 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>> >In article >,
>> > koko > wrote:

snippage

>> Thank you Om.
>> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

>No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
>Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".
>
>Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
>I know. <g>
>
>Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
>by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
>Grocer on line:
>
>http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/
>
>Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)
>
>It is Shirataki

more snippage

Thanks Om. I'll see if my local Asian mkt has them. I like trying new
and different, to me, things.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:29:46 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>On Oct 11, 8:38?pm, koko > wrote:
>> >

>> Cook up a couple of pork chops. I only seasoned them lightly with some
>> seasoned salt.http://i34.tinypic.com/2u469ah.jpg
>>
>> I got some beautiful pan drippings.http://i36.tinypic.com/28831wj.jpg
>>
>> Deglazed with some dry white wine.http://i37.tinypic.com/s2z7ug.jpg
>>
>> Dice up a little shallot.http://i37.tinypic.com/9abzhj.jpg
>>
>> Add to wine and reduce to a thick sauce.http://i34.tinypic.com/2dbmio5.jpg

>A little culinary hint... next time saute the shallots (or garlic,
>onion, etc) *before* deglazing... the aromatics attain and contribute
>a far superior flavor sauted rather than simmered... they will also
>aid in deglazing, then add the wine and reduce to concentrate flavor.

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

>Also, those thick pork medallions (they're not chops) would have been
>easier to cook to the proper degree of doneness without drying out and
>would taste much better were they sliced thinly as cutlets (not
>pounded)... lightly dusted with seasoned flour and pan fried quickly
>and very briefly (less than one minute per side), then warmed very
>breifly in the sauce (ten seconds) and served immediately.

A great option, thanks.

>Pounding tender meats like pork loin and chicken breasts is stupid-
>dumb, actually makes them cook up dryer and tougher... only fake cooks
>on foodtv advocate such idiocy... pounding any meat ruins it, either
>mechanically tenderize with a cuber or grind it. Throw your meat
>mallets in the trash

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 10/4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> snippage
>

> >> Thank you Om.
> >> It's a treat for me too. Shiratake? is that a brand of noodle soup?

> >No, it's a calorie free noodle. Made from an indigestible yam flour.
> >Pure fiber. The texture is akin to most chinese "glass noodles".
> >
> >Quite edible. And you really don't digest them at all. Don't ask me how
> >I know. <g>
> >
> >Hard to find in Austin as most low carbers have been turned on to them
> >by now, (they tend to sell out of them) so I order them from Asian
> >Grocer on line:
> >
> >http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/
> >
> >Sorry, I mis-spelled it. :-)
> >
> >It is Shirataki
> >

> more snippage
>
> Thanks Om. I'll see if my local Asian mkt has them. I like trying new
> and different, to me, things.

I know exactly what you mean. :-) I love the Asian market for just that
reason and swear to try one new thing every time I shop there! I only go
now 2 or 3 times per year since it's in North Austin now. It's about a
40 mile drive.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:52:56 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon >
wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>> bulka wrote:
>>
>> >It's ramen and cabbage.

>> >I'm sure you mean well, probably have some interesting thoughts, but I
>> >ain't gonna click through a dozen tinypic to fry up some boiled ramen.

>> I'm sure she meant well and did even better. ?If you don't want to
>> look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. ?Why criticize
>> something you're not capable of doing yourself? ?

>I like all the pix... I wish more people would, pix prove what the
>mouth claims... in fact they often require more effort than the
>cooking.

Oh yeah. The time she spends setting up for the pictures must be a
lot.

>The pix are important, there really is no other more
>succinct way to accurately describe what was accomplished.
>
>However I in no way feel obligated to applaud the food per se, or
>refrian from constructive criticism (that's the purpose of usenet, not
>to make disingenuous sound bytes), but I definitely appreciate the
>effort of both its preparation and the pix.

I would assume most of us appreciate her efforts and I personally
think she's a great poster. I wish I had the time and talent to do
the same.

>Koko has contributed much by way of enhancement to RFC, bulka has
>contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile, nada, zero.

That sums it up quite well. I wish I could contribute more and I'm
certainly not going to criticize someone who outshines me and many
others here.

>Truth is I
>seriously doubt bulka is a real person, just another poser morph.

Whatever it is it's a jerk.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:08:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
>very least.

Whatever it is it felt the need to start an OT thread about going out
to get votes for obama. Maybe it works for acorn.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:08:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>
> >And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
> >very least.

> Whatever it is it felt the need to start an OT thread about going out
> to get votes for obama. Maybe it works for acorn.

Lol...

Anyways I don't see 'it' unless quoted, it's s gmail.com address...

I guess I'll have to yell at Om and Wayne to PLEASE munge their addresses
again...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:43:46 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:08:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
>> >very least.

>> Whatever it is it felt the need to start an OT thread about going out
>> to get votes for obama. Maybe it works for acorn.

>Lol...
>
>Anyways I don't see 'it' unless quoted, it's s gmail.com address...
>
>I guess I'll have to yell at Om and Wayne to PLEASE munge their addresses
>again...

The best address is none.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> Maybe it works for acorn.

Oh lordy... You WOULD go there!
I heard about Acorn on the radio Friday listening to WOAI.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> Lou Decruss wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:08:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >And just *who* is this "bulka" chick anyways...an obvious naysayer at the
> > >very least.

> > Whatever it is it felt the need to start an OT thread about going out
> > to get votes for obama. Maybe it works for acorn.

> Lol...
>
> Anyways I don't see 'it' unless quoted, it's s gmail.com address...
>
> I guess I'll have to yell at Om and Wayne to PLEASE munge their addresses
> again...

If I mung my addy, I get kicked off of rec.guns. It's moderated. :-(
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:42:51 -0700 (PDT), "\"cybercat\" left her baby
in a hot car while she got high and attended an orgy"
> wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>
>> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in ...
>> On Oct 12, 9:08 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka

>> > I'm sure she meant well and did even better. If you don't want to
>> > look then don't, but many of us do enjoy her posts. Why criticize
>> > something you're not capable of doing yourself?

>> > Lou

>> In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. *But if you
>> do *saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
>> It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
>> when you put the dressing on.
>> Lynn in Fargo
>> PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
>> all the ingredients?
>> ***************************************
>>
>> An even better question is, where does this puffed-up little ******* get off
>> telling you how to post?

>How *was* church this morning, cyberpussie...???

The idiot doesn't even have the person I talked to quoted. There's an
88 year old man with severe mental illness who wanders the streets in
my neighborhood. I had him in for lunch last Wednesday because he's
always hungry and I saw him through the window. He ate for damn near
an hour and we talked the whole time. I'm sure even as crazy as he is
he made more sense and was able to follow a conversation far better
than cyberdolt could ever dream of.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:43:46 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>

> >Lou Decruss wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:08:39 -0500, "Gregory Morrow"

> >> Whatever it is it felt the need to start an OT thread about going out
> >> to get votes for obama. Maybe it works for acorn.

> >Lol...
> >
> >Anyways I don't see 'it' unless quoted, it's s gmail.com address...
> >
> >I guess I'll have to yell at Om and Wayne to PLEASE munge their addresses
> >again...

> The best address is none.
>
> Lou

Moderated lists often don't allow for that.
Plus I really don't mind getting private e-mails. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:55:18 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> Maybe it works for acorn.

>Oh lordy... You WOULD go there!
>I heard about Acorn on the radio Friday listening to WOAI.

Acorn isn't new news to those of us who are news-junkies. When stuff
started materializing I thought osama was great compared to billiary.
Not no more. I'm hoping Tony Rezco sings like a bird and they all go
down.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:42:51 -0700 (PDT), "\"cybercat\" left her baby
> in a hot car while she got high and attended an orgy"
> > wrote:
>
> >cybercat wrote:
> >
> >> "Lynn from Fargo" > wrote in

m...
> >> On Oct 12, 9:08 am, Lou Decruss > wrote:> On Sat, 11

Oct 2008 19:57:12 -0700 (PDT), bulka

ramen.

> >> ========================================
> >> In the recipes I have, you don't boil the ramen at all. But if you
> >> do saute it in the butter before you put the ingredients together,
> >> It adds a delightful flavor and keeps the ramen from getting so soggy
> >> when you put the dressing on.
> >> Lynn in Fargo
> >> PS: How do you make just one serving of ramen coleslaw - just cut down
> >> all the ingredients?
> >> ***************************************
> >>
> >> An even better question is, where does this puffed-up little *******

get off
> >> telling you how to post?

> >How *was* church this morning, cyberpussie...???

> The idiot doesn't even have the person I talked to quoted. There's an
> 88 year old man with severe mental illness who wanders the streets in
> my neighborhood. I had him in for lunch last Wednesday because he's
> always hungry and I saw him through the window. He ate for damn near
> an hour and we talked the whole time. I'm sure even as crazy as he is
> he made more sense and was able to follow a conversation far better
> than cyberdolt could ever dream of.

Lol...poor cyberdreck can't win for losing. Even Sheryl and Martha knew
when their time here was "up", but cyberclueless hasn't, well, a *clue*.

I'm just waiting for her to call you "classist" again...

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:55:18 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Lou Decruss > wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe it works for acorn.

> >Oh lordy... You WOULD go there!
> >I heard about Acorn on the radio Friday listening to WOAI.

> Acorn isn't new news to those of us who are news-junkies. When stuff
> started materializing I thought osama was great compared to billiary.
> Not no more. I'm hoping Tony Rezco sings like a bird and they all go
> down.
>
> Lou

Could get "interesting".
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> If I mung my addy, I get kicked off of rec.guns. It's moderated. :-(

Your newsreader doesn't allow custom identities for various newsgroups?

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Default User" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
>

>> If I mung my addy, I get kicked off of rec.guns. It's moderated. :-(

> Your newsreader doesn't allow custom identities for various newsgroups?

TROLL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>

> > If I mung my addy, I get kicked off of rec.guns. It's moderated. :-(

> Your newsreader doesn't allow custom identities for various newsgroups?
>

> Brian

It does, but I'd rather not have to "think" about using them when I'm
doing a posting run. It's too much trouble. ;-)