Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I tried the new V8 Soups

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was everything I hoped for
and more. The one I tried was the Sweet Red Pepper. And it was very
thick, mildly spicy, but not hot at all, and the taste was fabulous!

Initially, when I saw it at the store, I thought that is was a small
package, but it is 18 oz, so it is over a pound. Not bad. The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

I bought two different soups and the other one I got is Southwestern
Corn. I cannot wait to try this. If you click the link I provided
above, you will see the other varieties they are currently offering.

The only thing missing was the crackers which I forgot to buy.

Anthony

Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Anthony Ferrante" wrote

The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

Have you read the ingredients, to see what makes it thick like that?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was
everything I hoped for and more.

Each container is two measly cups. All the flavors are mighty high in
salt. How much do they cost.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 1:24*pm, Anthony Ferrante
wrote:
Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was everything I hoped for
and more. The one I tried was the Sweet Red Pepper. And it was very
thick, mildly spicy, but not hot at all, and the taste was fabulous!

Initially, when I saw it at the store, I thought that is was a small
package, but it is 18 oz, so it is over a pound. Not bad. The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

I bought two different soups and the other one I got is Southwestern
Corn. I cannot wait to try this. If you click the link I provided
above, you will see the other varieties they are currently offering.

The only thing missing was the crackers which I forgot to buy.

Anthony

I bought Red Pepper and Tomato Herb. Haven't tried either. Probably
tomorrow after Yom Kippur is over.

I just spent my Yom Kippur no-lunch-break between services making
tabbouleh for the temple's break the fast meal. Boy am I getting
hungry!

Lynn in Fargo
Who added Paul Newman's (alav hashalom) Light Lime Vinaigrette to the
tabbouleh in honor of Paul's non-praticticing Jewish father and his
born Roman Catholic-converted to Christian Science mother. No wonder
he preferred to duck the " What religion are you?" question!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote:
"Anthony Ferrante" rote

The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

Have you read the ingredients, to see what makes it thick like that?

The web site doesn't list ingredients... hmmm, wonder what
a big outfit like Campbell's has to hide. This is the time of year
when there is an abundance of those type of crops rotting in the
fields so instead of plowing them under why not just cut away the
worst of the rot and critter bites and market designer soups at killer
prices.
And the nerve, they say you need scissors to open the carton... very
cheaply designed, not very convenient.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeus wrote:

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was everything I hoped for
and more.

Small or big block?

Ratmotor. Late '60s.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 9, 9:23�pm, Anthony Ferrante
wrote:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:58:44 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon
wrote:

"cybercat" wrote:
"Anthony Ferrante" rote

The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

Have you read the ingredients, to see what makes it thick like that?

The web site doesn't list ingredients...

Yes, but you have to click onto the particular soup that you are
interested in and then another window opens and you can get it from
there. Here is one example:

http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/SweetRedPepper.aspx

Anthony

I saw that... that's Nutritional info, not ingredients.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
Anthony Ferrante �wrote:

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was
everything I hoped for and more.

Each container is two measly cups. �All the flavors are mighty high in
salt. �How much do they cost.

It was about $2.95 per box.

Very pricy for convenience... you're paying mostly for marketing,
packaging, and water... those single ingredient soups are extremely
easy to prepare and since they're meatless very inexpensive to make
yourself... make up a big potful, like eight quarts and freeze in
serving size containers. I bet most anyone can make a better tasting
simple soup at home with very littel effort. I don't particularly
care for puree soups anyway, especially not those made by others
(never know what/who's in it), I like chunky soups, soups with stuff
to sink my teeth into, not those that just slide down... I don't find
soups you just drink very satisfying. Anyone wants to make that corn
soup all they gotta do is spend like four bucks on a #10 can of
creamed corn to use as a base, and add a few inexpensive seasonings.
Of course I'd add a mess of diced carrots, onions, celery, garlic,
parsley, even some bacon and limas... add some water/stock and end up
with 8 qts of *premium* soup for maybe a buck a quart... you paid $6/
qt for mediocre mystery gruel. You can do the same with a #10 can of
tomatoes, use canned pumpkin/yams for the squash soup, use potato
flakes, use your brain.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anthony Ferrante wrote:
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:06:27 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon
wrote:

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was
everything I hoped for and more.

Each container is two measly cups. All the flavors are mighty high
in salt. How much do they cost.

It was about $2.95 per box.

Anthony

Hate to tell you this, Anthony, but I can make a large pot of vegetable soup
for not much more than that. I'll even throw in some pasta and call it
"minestrone".

Jill

Old 10-10-2008, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was everything I hoped for
and more. The one I tried was the Sweet Red Pepper. And it was very
thick, mildly spicy, but not hot at all, and the taste was fabulous!

Initially, when I saw it at the store, I thought that is was a small
package, but it is 18 oz, so it is over a pound. Not bad. The first
thing I noticed was when I opened the container, how slowly the soup
poured out as it was that thick. I thought as it poured that this
would be a great to pour over cabbage rolls.

I bought two different soups and the other one I got is Southwestern
Corn. I cannot wait to try this. If you click the link I provided
above, you will see the other varieties they are currently offering.

The only thing missing was the crackers which I forgot to buy.

Anthony

Thanks. If they will make a good meal expander (used as a sauce), they
do indeed sound interesting. I'll have to see how bad the sodium
content is tho'.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Old 10-10-2008, 05:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Anthony Ferrante wrote:

Today, I tried one of the new Cambell's V8 soups
(http://www.campbellsv8soup.com/) and it was
everything I hoped for and more.

Each container is two measly cups. All the flavors are mighty high
in salt. How much do they cost.

It was about $2.95 per box.

Anthony

Hate to tell you this, Anthony, but I can make a large pot of vegetable soup
for not much more than that. I'll even throw in some pasta and call it
"minestrone".

Jill

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the freezer at the moment. I
know what you mean Jill!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the
freezer at the moment.

Why did this image just flash through
my mind of the Texas chain saw massacre? hehe

Old 10-10-2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Sheldon wrote:

Omelet wrote:

lol I have a lot of stock ingredients in the
freezer at the moment.

Why did this image just flash through
my mind of the Texas chain saw massacre? hehe

'cause you are a pervert babycakes... and revel in it. g

Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
I can make a large pot of vegetable
soup for not much more than that. I'll even throw in some pasta and
call it "minestrone".

Jill

LOL, I don't think that macaroni is what qualifies it as "minestrone"

Soups On! 3-12-11 sf[_9_] General Cooking 10 13-03-2011 07:52 PM
Soups Jen P. General Cooking 8 27-11-2009 11:14 PM
Soups On!!!! Christine Dabney General Cooking 86 15-10-2008 02:58 AM
Soups on hahabogus General Cooking 1 23-03-2008 05:22 PM
Can soups without MSG? Richard Miller Vegan 3 19-01-2004 09:24 AM