Posted to balt.general,rec.food.cooking,alt.support.fat-acceptance

Default Sunday's Menu 1950s, How Ignorant We Were

There were four family-owned bakeries within a three-block span and
after every Mass, there were large queues at each bakery to buy rich,
gooey goodies. Mom, Dad, and I shared a dozen of these bombs on
Sunday morning.

Then followed a monstrous meal at one granny's house. She was a
Polish immigrant who knew starvation as a child and devoted her adult
life to constant eating during her leisure hours. After being
thoroughly gluttonized, we were off to the other granny for an evening
repast that often featured some variety of German sausages.

There weren't as many modern conveniences. Housewives had to expend
more calories. There were no computers and young people were outside
playing sports/games 12 months a year. I guess that's why my parents
and I didn't end up like hippos, although dad was 20 lbs. overweight
back then.

I think of those days during breakfast which now consists of an apple,
orange, pear, and nectarine, instead of four rich, gooey
buns/pastries.

Football Sunday menu Ricavito Diabetic 3 14-12-2009 05:46 AM
Sunday's Menu sarah bennett General Cooking 28 17-01-2006 07:47 AM
Football Sunday Menu RobinB. General Cooking 44 01-11-2004 05:08 PM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 03:30 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-01-2004 04:40 PM