RobinB.

Default Football Sunday Menu

I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's what
I'll be working with:

-I have 4 or 5 people over
-I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
-I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so that
I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
-I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast

If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin

--
Robin

I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker

kilikini

"RobinB." > wrote in message
> I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
> thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's

what
> I'll be working with:
>
> -I have 4 or 5 people over
> -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so

that
> I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast
>
> If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin
>
> --
> Robin
>
> I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker

Where do you live? That may help us give you food ideas; you know, weather
wise.

kili

Andy

"RobinB." > wrote in
:

> I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so
> I thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game.
> Here's what I'll be working with:
>
> -I have 4 or 5 people over
> -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so
> that I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot
> roast
>
> If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin

Robin,

How about serving guests a bowl of wheaties or cheerios on arrival? It's
a little late for 1 pm kickoff, but it's simple and who can refuse?

Andy
RobinB.

da 'Burgh. Pittsburgh

"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .

> "RobinB." > wrote in message
> > I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
> > thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's

> what
> > I'll be working with:
> >
> > -I have 4 or 5 people over
> > -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> > counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> > -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so

> that
> > I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> > -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast
> >
> > If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin
> >
> > --
> > Robin
> >
> > I'm a rocker, baby, I'm a rocker
> >

> Where do you live? That may help us give you food ideas; you know,

weather
> wise.
>
> kili

Steve Calvin

RobinB. wrote:

> I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
> thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's what
> I'll be working with:
>
> -I have 4 or 5 people over
> -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so that
> I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast
>
> If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin

How about some good old Islays chipped ham subs, pigs in blankets,
fish sandwiches and fries (although making those ahead would be tough)?

--
Steve (go Steelers!)

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

RobinB.

Very funny....4:15 kick off! If you've ever been to Pittsburgh, you
understand the importance of Steelers Sunday. For a 1 pm kick off I'd have
to serve those Wheaties with beer!

"Andy" > wrote in message
> "RobinB." > wrote in
> :
>
> > I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so
> > I thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game.
> > Here's what I'll be working with:
> >
> > -I have 4 or 5 people over
> > -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> > counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> > -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so
> > that I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> > -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot
> > roast
> >
> > If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin
> >

> Robin,
>
> How about serving guests a bowl of wheaties or cheerios on arrival? It's
> a little late for 1 pm kickoff, but it's simple and who can refuse?
>
> Andy

RobinB.

Thanks, Steve! I did the Isaly's last game. I guess I could try the
stuffed cabbage. That was handed over to me last Christmas and I didn't do
a very good job. But, dasm! Now my mouth is watering for them! R

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> RobinB. wrote:
>
> > I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
> > thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's

what
> > I'll be working with:
> >
> > -I have 4 or 5 people over
> > -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> > counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> > -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so

that
> > I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> > -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast
> >
> > If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin
> >

> How about some good old Islays chipped ham subs, pigs in blankets,
> fish sandwiches and fries (although making those ahead would be tough)?
>
> --
> Steve (go Steelers!)
>
> Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

Steve Calvin

RobinB. wrote:
> Thanks, Steve! I did the Isaly's last game. I guess I could try the
> stuffed cabbage. That was handed over to me last Christmas and I didn't do
> a very good job. But, dasm! Now my mouth is watering for them! R

I shoulda known that yinx woulda already thought of that being from da
Burgh! Hauscome not post how yinz did da cabbage? I'm sure folks here
would be glad to help. ;-)

I get Direct TV's NFL package just so I can watch the Steelers!You can
bet your booty that I'll be glued in front of the tube!
--
Steve

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

Puester

"RobinB." wrote:

> I am a lurker in the group and thoroughly look forward to reading, so I
> thought I would get some input for this Sunday's Steelers game. Here's what
> I'll be working with:
>
> -I have 4 or 5 people over
> -I have a one-bedroom apartment with, if you can believe it, 1 foot of
> counter space!! Can't WAIT to buy a house!
> -I like to put out a spread that can be done pretty much beforehand so that
> I can enjoy the game and put out the main course at half-time
> -I usually do "Pittsburgh" favorites; kielbassi, ham barbeque, pot roast
>
> If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin
>
> --

If you want something different and space-saving, you could make
soup, stew, or chile and keep it warm in a pot on the stove. Muffins
and a salad would round out the menu. Dips and junque food, too, I
guess.

gloria p
Andy

"RobinB." > wrote in
:

> Very funny....4:15 kick off! If you've ever been to Pittsburgh, you
> understand the importance of Steelers Sunday. For a 1 pm kick off I'd
> have to serve those Wheaties with beer!

Robin,

Back in the old days, in Oakland, CA., football started at 10 a.m. Opened
my eyes just in time for cereal and beer!

Sorry!

Andy

Andy

"RobinB." > wrote in
:

> Very funny....4:15 kick off! If you've ever been to Pittsburgh, you
> understand the importance of Steelers Sunday. For a 1 pm kick off I'd
> have to serve those Wheaties with beer!

Robin,

Back in the old days, in Oakland, CA., football started at 10 a.m. Opened
my eyes just in time for cereal and beer!

Sorry!

Andy
Ed Kim

RobinB. wrote:
> da 'Burgh. Pittsburgh

dood, just go get a mess of O's fries and be done with it!!!!
*sigh* How i miss the O's...

-goro-

raj

"RobinB." > wrote in message

> If anyone's up to it, I'd love to hear from you! Robin

Hmmm, Steelers ??? How's 'bout some roasted I-Beam

Sorry ...

kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "RobinB." > :
>
> > "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >>
> >> "RobinB." > wrote in message

> A big pot of soup or chili along with finger foods.
>
> Michael
>
> --

That's kind of what I was thinking, Michael. Chili, Jalepeno Poppers, stuff
like that. Finger foods, yes!

kili

kilikini

"Andy" > wrote in message
> "RobinB." > wrote in
> :
>
> > Very funny....4:15 kick off! If you've ever been to Pittsburgh, you
> > understand the importance of Steelers Sunday. For a 1 pm kick off I'd
> > have to serve those Wheaties with beer!

> Robin,
>
> Back in the old days, in Oakland, CA., football started at 10 a.m. Opened
> my eyes just in time for cereal and beer!
>
> Sorry!
>

> Andy

Andy, in Hawaii football starts at 7 am. Beer is STILL good for breakfast!
:~)

kili

kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "kilikini" >
> :
>

> > "Andy" > wrote in message
> >> "RobinB." > wrote in
> >> :
> >>

> > Andy, in Hawaii football starts at 7 am. Beer is STILL good for
> > breakfast!
> >:~)
> >
> > kili

> Bloody marys are better at 7am. Hot and spicy bloody marys.
>
> Michael

I don't go there, Michael, sorry. How about tequila and OJ?

kili

kilikini

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "kilikini" >
> :
>

> > "Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
> > 4...
> >> "kilikini" >
> >> :

> >> Bloody marys are better at 7am. Hot and spicy bloody marys.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> > I don't go there, Michael, sorry. How about tequila and OJ?
> >
> > kili

> Hmmm... that might be doable. OJ and vodka?
>
> Michael

I'm allergic to vodka. Have to stick with the tequila.

kili

Andy

"kilikini" > wrote

> Andy, in Hawaii football starts at 7 am. Beer is STILL good for
> breakfast!
>:~)
>
> kili

Kewl!!

Here in PA they don't sell kegs of beer on Sundays so the chore is
keeping a keg cold over Saturday night... and not tapping it until
gametime.

\

Andy
kilikini

"Andy" > wrote in message
news
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> > Andy, in Hawaii football starts at 7 am. Beer is STILL good for
> > breakfast!
> >:~)
> >
> > kili

> Kewl!!
>
> Here in PA they don't sell kegs of beer on Sundays so the chore is
> keeping a keg cold over Saturday night... and not tapping it until
> gametime.
>
> \
>
> Andy

Why wait? :~)

kili

kilikini

"Andy" > wrote in message
news
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> > Andy, in Hawaii football starts at 7 am. Beer is STILL good for
> > breakfast!
> >:~)
> >
> > kili

> Kewl!!
>
> Here in PA they don't sell kegs of beer on Sundays so the chore is
> keeping a keg cold over Saturday night... and not tapping it until
> gametime.
>
> \
>
> Andy

Why wait? :~)

kili

guy f klose

Puester > writes:
>soup, stew, or chile

New England Clam Chowder?

Guy
guy f klose

Puester > writes:
>soup, stew, or chile

New England Clam Chowder?

Guy
RobinB.

Yeah!!!!!!! Things are at crazy here!! I do live for my Stillers!

As for the cabbage, I used my grandfather's recipe, so they tasted fine, but
I didn't roll them well and the cabbage wasn't quite right. The Mom has
agreed to help me until I get it right!
"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> RobinB. wrote:
> > Thanks, Steve! I did the Isaly's last game. I guess I could try the
> > stuffed cabbage. That was handed over to me last Christmas and I didn't

do
> > a very good job. But, dasm! Now my mouth is watering for them! R

> I shoulda known that yinx woulda already thought of that being from da
> Burgh! Hauscome not post how yinz did da cabbage? I'm sure folks here
> would be glad to help. ;-)
>
> I get Direct TV's NFL package just so I can watch the Steelers!You can
> bet your booty that I'll be glued in front of the tube!
> --
> Steve
>
> Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

RobinB.

Yeah!!!!!!! Things are at crazy here!! I do live for my Stillers!

As for the cabbage, I used my grandfather's recipe, so they tasted fine, but
I didn't roll them well and the cabbage wasn't quite right. The Mom has
agreed to help me until I get it right!
"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> RobinB. wrote:
> > Thanks, Steve! I did the Isaly's last game. I guess I could try the
> > stuffed cabbage. That was handed over to me last Christmas and I didn't

do
> > a very good job. But, dasm! Now my mouth is watering for them! R

> I shoulda known that yinx woulda already thought of that being from da
> Burgh! Hauscome not post how yinz did da cabbage? I'm sure folks here
> would be glad to help. ;-)
>
> I get Direct TV's NFL package just so I can watch the Steelers!You can
> bet your booty that I'll be glued in front of the tube!
> --
> Steve
>
> Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

RobinB.

Ah, yes........I'm only 10 minutes away from the "O", thankfully it's harder
to park than ever in Oakland or I would be as big as a house. Sometimes you
just gots to have a dog and fries. Still the best! R

"Ed Kim" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> RobinB. wrote:
> > da 'Burgh. Pittsburgh
> >

> dood, just go get a mess of O's fries and be done with it!!!!
> *sigh* How i miss the O's...
>
> -goro-

Nancy Young

This thread has given me a major craving for stromboli. I had
forgotten how long it's been since I had it. Better put in my
ingredients order.

nancy

guy f klose

"RobinB." > writes:
>That sounds yummy, Guy - do you have a recipe? I will never forget the
>delicious chowder I had at my aunt's in Rhode Island years ago. I've never
>had it so good since! Robin

I realized just after I hit "send" that the joke might be missed...
so here's a variation:

New England (Patriots) Clam Chowder?

Anyway, I've never made chowder, but I would probably check
foodtv.com and epicurious.com first. I'm pretty much a traditionalist.
I like my chowder on the thin side, not thickened, and not overloaded
with potatoes.

The schedule above me desk shows the game starting at 4:15pm on CBS.
Does your party really start at 1pm? That's cool...

Guy
(a Pats fan...sorry)
guy f klose

"RobinB." > writes:
>That sounds yummy, Guy - do you have a recipe? I will never forget the
>delicious chowder I had at my aunt's in Rhode Island years ago. I've never
>had it so good since! Robin

I realized just after I hit "send" that the joke might be missed...
so here's a variation:

New England (Patriots) Clam Chowder?

Anyway, I've never made chowder, but I would probably check
foodtv.com and epicurious.com first. I'm pretty much a traditionalist.
I like my chowder on the thin side, not thickened, and not overloaded
with potatoes.

The schedule above me desk shows the game starting at 4:15pm on CBS.
Does your party really start at 1pm? That's cool...

Guy
(a Pats fan...sorry)
JANIC412

Thanks everyone! I'm thinking the chili, poppers
extravaganza..............and, beer! beer! Beer! Robin

Just make sure that it is Iron City Beer!!!!!

Go Steelers
Jan

Steve Calvin

JANIC412 wrote:

> Thanks everyone! I'm thinking the chili, poppers
> extravaganza..............and, beer! beer! Beer! Robin
>

> Just make sure that it is Iron City Beer!!!!!
>
> Go Steelers
> Jan

<blech> that's the one thing I didn't care for when I lived there.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Steve Calvin

guy f klose wrote:

> The schedule above me desk shows the game starting at 4:15pm on CBS.
> Does your party really start at 1pm? That's cool...
>
> Guy
> (a Pats fan...sorry)

No problem. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope that the "streak"
breaks on Sunday. :-D

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Ed Kim

curiously, i've NEVER had a hot dog from the O but i made up for it in
fries consumed.

I also terribly miss Larry and Carol's steak wedgies...

College was good times.

-goro-

RobinB. wrote:
> Ah, yes........I'm only 10 minutes away from the "O", thankfully it's

harder
> to park than ever in Oakland or I would be as big as a house.

Sometimes you
> just gots to have a dog and fries. Still the best! R
>

> "Ed Kim" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > RobinB. wrote:
> > > da 'Burgh. Pittsburgh
> > >

> > dood, just go get a mess of O's fries and be done with it!!!!
> > *sigh* How i miss the O's...
> >
> > -goro-

RobinB.

DOI! *snort* I am usually not THAT ditzy........yep the game is 4:15, but,
no, folks will probably come over about 2.......we do the whole pre-game
deal. And this game is a biggie! I'll not hold your Pat love against you!

"guy f klose" > wrote in message
> "RobinB." > writes:
> >That sounds yummy, Guy - do you have a recipe? I will never forget the
> >delicious chowder I had at my aunt's in Rhode Island years ago. I've

never
> >had it so good since! Robin

> I realized just after I hit "send" that the joke might be missed...
> so here's a variation:
>
> New England (Patriots) Clam Chowder?
>
> Anyway, I've never made chowder, but I would probably check
> foodtv.com and epicurious.com first. I'm pretty much a traditionalist.
> I like my chowder on the thin side, not thickened, and not overloaded
> with potatoes.
>
> The schedule above me desk shows the game starting at 4:15pm on CBS.
> Does your party really start at 1pm? That's cool...
>
> Guy
> (a Pats fan...sorry)

RobinB.

Woo Hoo! I love Steve! Double love ya because of the sig!

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> guy f klose wrote:
>
> > The schedule above me desk shows the game starting at 4:15pm on CBS.
> > Does your party really start at 1pm? That's cool...
> >
> > Guy
> > (a Pats fan...sorry)

> No problem. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope that the "streak"
> breaks on Sunday. :-D
>

> --
> Steve
>
> Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
> eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

RobinB.

Here we call it Arn.

"JANIC412" > wrote in message
> Thanks everyone! I'm thinking the chili, poppers
> extravaganza..............and, beer! beer! Beer! Robin
>

> Just make sure that it is Iron City Beer!!!!!
>
> Go Steelers
> Jan

guy f klose

Steve Calvin > writes:
>No problem. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope that the "streak"
>breaks on Sunday. :-D

No problem here either...the streak will have to end sometime, and
either a better team or a luckier team will do it. Bring it on!

Since mid-year last year, we've been hearing over and over again
how the Pats will lose (for those not indoctrinated to Boston-area
media, everyone is extremely negative, columnists, hosts, callers,
etc.). Same thing this year...Indianapolis was going to win, then
Seattle, then the Jets. Now the Steelers.

In the middle of all of this has been a series of really good
football games, and I've enjoyed every one of them.

Guy
Steve Calvin

guy f klose wrote:

> No problem here either...the streak will have to end sometime, and
> either a better team or a luckier team will do it. Bring it on!
>
> Since mid-year last year, we've been hearing over and over again
> how the Pats will lose (for those not indoctrinated to Boston-area
> media, everyone is extremely negative, columnists, hosts, callers,
> etc.). Same thing this year...Indianapolis was going to win, then
> Seattle, then the Jets. Now the Steelers.
>
> In the middle of all of this has been a series of really good
> football games, and I've enjoyed every one of them.
>
> Guy

Yeah, that's the way it goes. I remember the Steelers, Dolphins,
Cowboys, etc dynasty years. They come and go (mostly go) but ya gotta
stay with 'em, good times and bad.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Mpoconnor7

I would go with hot sausage subs. If you got a crock pot, tonight before you
go to bed put about 3-4 pounds of uncooked hot sausage in there along with two
diced onions and two diced peppers, an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms, and
two big 28 ounce cans of diced tomatores (add the liquid to the crock pot also,
don't drain it), and perhaps a can of tomato sauce. The prep time for this is
about 15 minutes, and most of that is dicing the onions and peppers. Cook on
medium overnight, and when you get up in the morning turn the temperature down
to low. Serve with some big toasted sub rolls and some good potato or
macaroni salad..

One good thing about making this is that once all the sausage is gone, you can
use the sauce that remains and either freeze it or use it immediately as a base
for your next pot of spaghetti sauce. All you have to do is add tomato paste
(probably 2 or 3 small cans) until it gets to the desired thickness, then add
browned ground beef or meatballs or more cooked sausage or a combination
thereof.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"I actually thought about voting for John Kerry before I decided to vote
against him."

Our football menu Evelyn Diabetic 5 23-01-2012 03:11 PM
Football Sunday menu Ricavito Diabetic 3 14-12-2009 05:46 AM
Football Sunday Eats...!!! Gregory Morrow[_384_] General Cooking 1 06-12-2009 01:45 PM
Pre-NFL Sunday football chat? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 0 21-09-2008 03:48 PM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 03:30 AM