Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soy milk and estrogen.

So goes the rumor. No matter what's written on the carton, the Soy
Bean industry some time ago dicredited that claim..."...there is no
evidence whatsoever to prove such a claim"

And who makes those claims??? The Dairy Council???? No.. really? Do
you wonder?

Remember what the vegetable oil inustry did to the coconut oli
industry about 10 years ago....they even took it out of popcorn in the
theaters, without finding the truth first. Today, they find that
coconut oil for cooking and frying has the lauric acid that is a
fabulous supplement, And plain coconut oil beats all for facials and
removal of wrinkles. And there is no evidence that it is any worse
than any other oil ....and perhaps BETTER.

I use it for stir fry for years now , ( I never deep fry,) I use
First Cold Press Olive OIl for salads because I find coconut oil a
little rich in taste. I also bread fish and other foods in coconut
flour. Yummy.

So I warn you...don't jump at anything you hear or read about certain
foods...it will probably be a campaign against a specific food by a
competitor. Do the research first. And when was the last time you
trusted the FDA!

Remember how BAD coffee was for us? What happened....the tea got
wealthier. I wonder. Now, coffee isn't so bad in moderation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:06:45 -0700 (PDT), Mikie > wrote:

>So goes the rumor. No matter what's written on the carton, the Soy
>Bean industry some time ago dicredited that claim..."...there is no
>evidence whatsoever to prove such a claim"
>
>And who makes those claims??? The Dairy Council???? No.. really? Do
>you wonder?
>
>Remember what the vegetable oil inustry did to the coconut oli
>industry about 10 years ago....they even took it out of popcorn in the
>theaters, without finding the truth first. Today, they find that
>coconut oil for cooking and frying has the lauric acid that is a
>fabulous supplement, And plain coconut oil beats all for facials and
>removal of wrinkles. And there is no evidence that it is any worse
>than any other oil ....and perhaps BETTER.
>
>I use it for stir fry for years now , ( I never deep fry,) I use
>First Cold Press Olive OIl for salads because I find coconut oil a
>little rich in taste. I also bread fish and other foods in coconut
>flour. Yummy.
>
>So I warn you...don't jump at anything you hear or read about certain
>foods...it will probably be a campaign against a specific food by a
>competitor. Do the research first. And when was the last time you
>trusted the FDA!
>
>Remember how BAD coffee was for us? What happened....the tea got
>wealthier. I wonder. Now, coffee isn't so bad in moderation.

You left out eggs. Haven't you heard they're out of jail now?

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mikie" > wrote in message
> So goes the rumor. No matter what's written on the carton, the Soy
> Bean industry some time ago dicredited that claim..."...there is no
> evidence whatsoever to prove such a claim"

What claims?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mikie" > wrote in message
> So goes the rumor. No matter what's written on the carton, the Soy
> Bean industry some time ago dicredited that claim..."...there is no
> evidence whatsoever to prove such a claim"
>
> And who makes those claims??? The Dairy Council???? No.. really? Do
> you wonder?

There is a great deal of clinical evidence that plant estrogens act just
like animal estrogens. Soy is full of estrogens. Estrogens DO make certain
cancers, particularly breast cancer, GROW.

Feel free to dispute the statements above one at a time. Until you do, I
will be nervous about soy and other allegedly healthy foods containing
estrogens.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote
> You left out eggs. Haven't you heard they're out of jail now?

I never stopped eating them. To the tune of a dozen a week or more. I figure
that's probably why I'm so damned good looking.

<teeth>

My cholesterol has always been great, the bad low and the good high.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

>There is a great deal of clinical evidence that plant estrogens act just
>like animal estrogens. Soy is full of estrogens. Estrogens DO make certain
>cancers, particularly breast cancer, GROW.

Yes, I just learned of this fact. I recently made my
previously-mentioned tofu-containing potato salad and took it to a
potluck type event. Everyone liked the potato salad, but I was
later told I should have warned people that it had tofu in it.

(What exactly did they think those little cubes were, if not tofu??
They seemed to have no problem eating it.)

Anyway, I don't come from a background where soy is considered
poisonous, so the idea of a soy warning is not something I'm
used to.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope > wrote:

> cybercat > wrote:
>
>>There is a great deal of clinical evidence that plant estrogens act just
>>like animal estrogens. Soy is full of estrogens. Estrogens DO make certain
>>cancers, particularly breast cancer, GROW.

> Yes, I just learned of this fact. I recently made my
> previously-mentioned tofu-containing potato salad and took it to a
> potluck type event. Everyone liked the potato salad, but I was
> later told I should have warned people that it had tofu in it.
>
> (What exactly did they think those little cubes were, if not tofu??

Uhh, potatoes would be my guess. How would I be able to tell all
slathered in mayo?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>Steve Pope > wrote:

>> Yes, I just learned of this fact. I recently made my
>> previously-mentioned tofu-containing potato salad and took it to a
>> potluck type event. Everyone liked the potato salad, but I was
>> later told I should have warned people that it had tofu in it.

>> (What exactly did they think those little cubes were, if not tofu??

>Uhh, potatoes would be my guess. How would I be able to tell all
>slathered in mayo?

I don't "slather" potato salad in mayo. I do include about
3T of mayo in a potato salad that has 2 lbs of potatos, 2 hard boiled
eggs and 4 ounces of tofu.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:30:45 -0400, cybercat wrote:

> "Mikie" > wrote in message
>> So goes the rumor. No matter what's written on the carton, the Soy
>> Bean industry some time ago dicredited that claim..."...there is no
>> evidence whatsoever to prove such a claim"
>>
>> And who makes those claims??? The Dairy Council???? No.. really? Do
>> you wonder?

> There is a great deal of clinical evidence that plant estrogens act just
> like animal estrogens. Soy is full of estrogens. Estrogens DO make certain
> cancers, particularly breast cancer, GROW.
>
> Feel free to dispute the statements above one at a time. Until you do, I
> will be nervous about soy and other allegedly healthy foods containing
> estrogens.

i doubt you'll turn into a girly-man.

your pal,
blake