Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

<sf> wrote in message ...

> Here's my opinion.... I wouldn't buy Lodge if it was handed to me on a
> silver platter because there are too many sycophants here for me to
> trust that brand. Logde wasn't a name I knew before I stumbled into
> this news group and it's not the only cast iron on the market... at
> least it wasn't when I was buying cast iron. Certain posters sound
> like little kid.... If it's not branded (and expensive), it's not any
> good. Pffft! Treat it right and it will outlast "you".

I never even heard of Lodge til I received the pot from my mom last year. I
couldn't care less about brand names or how much something costs. Definitely
*not* a label person. LOL. (My mom also gave me a nice set of Cuisinart pots
and pans last Christmas, but prior to that, almost all of my cookware was
no-name stuff.) If it works well, that's good enough for me (and I've been
very pleased with my Lodge pot).

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MareCat wrote:

> I never even heard of Lodge til I received the pot from my mom last year. I
> couldn't care less about brand names or how much something costs. Definitely
> *not* a label person. LOL. (My mom also gave me a nice set of Cuisinart pots
> and pans last Christmas, but prior to that, almost all of my cookware was
> no-name stuff.) If it works well, that's good enough for me (and I've been
> very pleased with my Lodge pot).
>
> Mary

My Lodge cast iron skillet and kettle came from my grandmother who has
passed away. I bought Le Creuset, because I was so pleased with the way
cast iron cooks. I picked it up, one piece at a time, at an outlet mall
in San Marcos where my youngest son was going to school. If I had known
about the cheaper brands, I would have tried them. I do not like to shop
and I had no idea that Walmart carried Lodge or Tramontina (have never
heard about it this brand). I am so out of it.

Becca