bk

Default Tramontina cookware

What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
seems a bit thicker, maybe?

Where can Tramontina be purchased??

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

Vox Humana

"bk" > wrote in message
> What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> seems a bit thicker, maybe?
>
> Where can Tramontina be purchased??

Here are some places that sell Tramontina:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Tramontina+

Joe Doe

In article >, "bk"
> wrote:

> What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> seems a bit thicker, maybe?
>
> Where can Tramontina be purchased??

I just bought two Tramontina items at Costco that I am pleased with. Both
are items I do not use very often so do not have to be of the highest
quality. This does not imply that they are low quality. Both items in
fact seem to be of quite high quality, and for the price superlative
quality.

A two burner griddle $20 and a stainless steel 12 qt pot (disk bottom)
also about $20. The stainless steel pot has a nifty lock on type pasta
strainer, steaming basket and glass lid (I do not like the glass lid
because it probably will not last long). I used the pot to boil down my
tomato harvest and despite being cooked down for a long time I had no
scorching, so heat distribution is very good.

Roland
Some Random Luser

bk wrote:
> What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> seems a bit thicker, maybe?
>
> Where can Tramontina be purchased??

I recently bought the 8 piece Tramontina Tri Ply Clad cookware set from
Kmart.com - http://www.kmart.com/product/index.j...ductId=1346116

I paid the glorious sum of $109 for the set plus a shipping charge of
about $10 to outside Boston, MA. A bargain compared to the All Clad set
for a similar number of pieces. Needless to say, I am well pleased with
the buy.

Quality of the cookware is comparable to All Clad albeit heavier; the
handles on the fry pans definitely feel more subtantial in their weight.
The Tramontina range isn't as extensive, however. I'd like a larger
skillet but the Tramontina 10" skillet is the largest they have.

If you're in the Boston region, you're able to buy open stock pieces
from the Tri Ply Clad range at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Homegoods shops as
well. TJ Maxx has the better prices being a few dollars cheaper for a
comparable item from the Homegoods shops.

Note: I have no commercial relationship with any of the shops mentioned.

cheers,
jr.

Karen

Some Random Luser > wrote in message >...
> bk wrote:
> > What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> > suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> > seems a bit thicker, maybe?
> >
> > Where can Tramontina be purchased??

> I recently bought the 8 piece Tramontina Tri Ply Clad cookware set from
> Kmart.com - http://www.kmart.com/product/index.j...ductId=1346116
>
> I paid the glorious sum of $109 for the set plus a shipping charge of
> about $10 to outside Boston, MA. A bargain compared to the All Clad set
> for a similar number of pieces. Needless to say, I am well pleased with
> the buy.
>
> Quality of the cookware is comparable to All Clad albeit heavier; the
> handles on the fry pans definitely feel more subtantial in their weight.
> The Tramontina range isn't as extensive, however. I'd like a larger
> skillet but the Tramontina 10" skillet is the largest they have.

The range in the set from K-mart was not extensive, however, there
were a LOT of openstock pieces in the tri-ply line. I was able to
pick up a 12" skillet along with quite a few other pieces.

> If you're in the Boston region, you're able to buy open stock pieces
> from the Tri Ply Clad range at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Homegoods shops as
> well. TJ Maxx has the better prices being a few dollars cheaper for a
> comparable item from the Homegoods shops.
>
> Note: I have no commercial relationship with any of the shops mentioned.
>
> cheers,
> jr.

Apparently (and most unfortunately) Tramontina is no longer
manufacturing the tri-ply line that looks almost identical to
All-Clad. According to someone who posted to thathomesite.com ,
Tramontina is cosmetcially changing the tri-ply line of cookware and
has subsequently sold all remaining openstock inventory to TJ Maxx and
Marshall's in a massive buy-out. Here's the link:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...040212461.html

This cookware is really nice and is a joy to use. I'm soooooooo glad
I purchased all the pieces I did WHEN I did because there aren't many
left. I really regret not buying the 4 qt. saucepan with helper
handle when I had the chance because I haven't seen any more. That is
the one piece I would like to have to complete my set. Anyone seen
one at their local TJ Maxx or Marshall's who would be willing to help
me out? I'll be happy to pay a finder's fee!

Karen B. - thevintagegirl
karen at vintagegirl dot com

pltrgyst

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:45:52 -0500, "bk" > wrote:

> What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> seems a bit thicker, maybe?

The Tramontina saute pans, in particular, are superior to AllClad
stainless, and hold up much better. I recommend them highly.

-- Larry

bk

"Some Random Luser" > wrote in message
> bk wrote:
> > What are the thoughts on Tramontina. We have a Tramontina
> > suace pan and an AllClad small pan. I like them both. The AllClad
> > seems a bit thicker, maybe?
> >
> > Where can Tramontina be purchased??

> I recently bought the 8 piece Tramontina Tri Ply Clad cookware set from
> Kmart.com - http://www.kmart.com/product/index.j...ductId=1346116
>
> I paid the glorious sum of $109 for the set plus a shipping charge of
> about $10 to outside Boston, MA. A bargain compared to the All Clad set
> for a similar number of pieces. Needless to say, I am well pleased with
> the buy.
>
> Quality of the cookware is comparable to All Clad albeit heavier; the
> handles on the fry pans definitely feel more subtantial in their weight.
> The Tramontina range isn't as extensive, however. I'd like a larger
> skillet but the Tramontina 10" skillet is the largest they have.
>
> If you're in the Boston region, you're able to buy open stock pieces
> from the Tri Ply Clad range at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Homegoods shops as
> well. TJ Maxx has the better prices being a few dollars cheaper for a
> comparable item from the Homegoods shops.
>
> Note: I have no commercial relationship with any of the shops mentioned.
>
> cheers,
> jr.

We found peices at Marshals and have picked them up.
My wife finds the handles more comfortable than on the AllClad,