Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ain't Love Grand?

Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
way.

It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
(coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!

He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
I'm happy. LOLOL!

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 08:54:30p, told us...

> Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
> way.
>
> It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
> and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
> (coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
> He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
> so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
> with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
> not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
> of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
> the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
> He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
> make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
> better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
> married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
> I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
> I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Aw, that's sweet!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 07(VII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
> way.
>
> It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
> and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
> (coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
> He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
> so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
> with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
> not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
> of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
> the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
> He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
> make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
> better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
> married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
> I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
> I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program.

That's awesome, and you guys sound like a good team indeed.

Miche (married eleven years and lovin' it)

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
> way.
>
> It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
> and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
> (coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
> He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
> so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
> with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
> not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
> of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
> the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
> He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
> make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
> better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
> married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
> I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
> I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program.

cavewoman,

You win the 1st Annual "Nicest Post of the Year" Award!

Andy
Caveman #2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
> way.
>
> It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
> and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
> (coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
> He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
> so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
> with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
> not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
> of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
> the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
> He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
> make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
> better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
> married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
> I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
> I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program.

How sweet! I had some day surgery on Thursday. The SO was very patient
with my very delicate constitution. General anesthesia always makes me
sick to my stomach. He picked up wonton soup and lo mein for dinner
that night, figuring that I shouldn't have my preferred spicy cuisine.
What a mensch!

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> How sweet! I had some day surgery on Thursday. The SO was very patient
> with my very delicate constitution. General anesthesia always makes me
> sick to my stomach. He picked up wonton soup and lo mein for dinner
> that night, figuring that I shouldn't have my preferred spicy cuisine.
> What a mensch!
>
> Cindy

It is nice to have a supportive husband (BTW, hope you are feeling okay).

In the 17 months and I have been married to Husband 2.0, I have not been
sick, so we will wait and see. I had a root canal last week and he was
concerned about me. He kept asking how I was feeling for a couple of
days. He is a real wuss when it comes to going to the dentist. He will
come home, take pain medication, close the curtains and go to bed. He
seemed puzzled that I did not have my Rx filled and I did not need to
take a nap. Now, watch it just kill me on my next visit. lol I hope not!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> It is nice to have a supportive husband (BTW, hope you are feeling okay).
>
> In the 17 months and I have been married to Husband 2.0, I have not been
> sick, so we will wait and see. I had a root canal last week and he was
> concerned about me. He kept asking how I was feeling for a couple of days.
> He is a real wuss when it comes to going to the dentist. He will come
> home, take pain medication, close the curtains and go to bed. He seemed
> puzzled that I did not have my Rx filled and I did not need to take a nap.
> Now, watch it just kill me on my next visit. lol I hope not!
>
> Becca

I just had dental surgery on Thursday. The last quadrant of a full mouth of
periodontal surgeries. This last time I was given a Medrol Pack and didn't
even need the pain meds other than some ibuprofen for my tongue that seems
to have suffered the worse of it. But the steroids created another set of
problems. I don't know what is worse -- what the steroids did, or the pain
I had in the other three surgeries with just Motrin and Tylenol 3.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> steroids created another set of problems. I don't know what is worse
> -- what the steroids did, or the pain I had in the other three
> surgeries with just Motrin and Tylenol 3.

Oh, no, I hope you didn't have as bad a time as I did with
steriods. Talk about the cure being worse than the ailment.
I hope your surgery went well, at least.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> steroids created another set of problems. I don't know what is worse
>> -- what the steroids did, or the pain I had in the other three
>> surgeries with just Motrin and Tylenol 3.

> Oh, no, I hope you didn't have as bad a time as I did with
> steriods. Talk about the cure being worse than the ailment.
> I hope your surgery went well, at least.
>
> nancy

I think so. thanks Nancy. Stitches are still in so I can only base it on the
other three. But man, a few hours after taking the Medrol pak dose (I'm on
day 3) my breathing is shallow, can't see well, and the headache from hell
that still hasn't gone away. I would quit taking it but I have no pain in
my mouth (huge plus) and it says not to discontinue without talking to the
doc. And it's Saturday. The side effects go away other than the headache
but at the time they start it is scary.

What did the steroids do to you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> "Becca" > wrote in message
>> It is nice to have a supportive husband (BTW, hope you are feeling okay).
>>
>> In the 17 months and I have been married to Husband 2.0, I have not
>> been sick, so we will wait and see. I had a root canal last week and
>> he was concerned about me. He kept asking how I was feeling for a
>> couple of days. He is a real wuss when it comes to going to the
>> dentist. He will come home, take pain medication, close the curtains
>> and go to bed. He seemed puzzled that I did not have my Rx filled and
>> I did not need to take a nap. Now, watch it just kill me on my next
>> visit. lol I hope not!
>>
>> Becca
>>

> I just had dental surgery on Thursday. The last quadrant of a full mouth
> of periodontal surgeries. This last time I was given a Medrol Pack and
> didn't even need the pain meds other than some ibuprofen for my tongue
> that seems to have suffered the worse of it. But the steroids created
> another set of problems. I don't know what is worse -- what the
> steroids did, or the pain I had in the other three surgeries with just
> Motrin and Tylenol 3.

My little root canal was nothing, compared to what you are going
through. I am glad your surgeries are over and I hope you heal well.

It is a coincidence that I am also taking steroids, mine is for
respiratory problems. They make me feel better, but I have a hard time
sleeping, I gain 5 pounds and I am hungry all the time. Tuesday I take
my last pill.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:54:30 -0700, sf wrote:

>Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
>way.
>
>It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
>and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
>(coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
>He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
>so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
>with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
>not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
>of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
>the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
>He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
>make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
>better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
>married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
>I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
>I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
>Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Awww thanks for sharing this. Great post.

koko
There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
> way.
>
> It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
> and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
> (coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
> He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
> so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
> with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
> not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
> of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
> the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!
>
> He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
> make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
> better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
> married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
> I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
> I'm happy. LOLOL!
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program.

*APPLAUSE*