Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Ain't Love Grand?

Tonight - I cooked dinner, hubby did the shopping.... it's the caveman
way.

It's sole. He says he will cook and use breadcrumbs, I say I'll cook
and use cornmeal... I'm really using up the last bits of polenta
(coarse cornmeal) that I use for pizza. He's happy I said I'll cook.
He says saute it in olive oil (he's the one who usually cooks fish),
so I do. We have two medium sized zucchini that I shred and steam
with the cover on (no added moisture) in a tablespoon or so of butter,
not more, maybe less.... no added seasoning other than a light shake
of salt and a generous grind of pepper. That's it, nothing else on
the plate except sole and zucchini. Good eats!

He thanks me for cooking, I thank him for cleaning up. He says we
make a good team. I say we've been married for xxwhat, years? We'd
better be a good team. He says "You don't even know when we got
married", because I've forgotten too many anniversaries in the past.
I say, "Yes, I do"... so he quizzes me. I GOT IT RIGHT! He's happy,
I'm happy. LOLOL!

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Mae West