Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unusual spice containers

I really need spice jars but I made the mistake of stopping by Sephora
http://www.sephora.com/ to replace some cosmetics.
While I was there I needed some of this and a little of that. In other
words, I shot the budget and didn't make it to the container store.

After organizing my cosmetics case I had a couple of empty containers
so I decided to recycle the empty containers into spice jars. They are
really cool because they have a shaker insert already. Yahoooo!!!!
Just a little bath in some hot soapy bleach water and I have new spice
jars.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2zjgadk.jpg

What have you recycled into spice containers. I'll bet we have some
pretty inventive ideas.

koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 5/11
"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 18 May 2008 11:17:37a, told us...

> I really need spice jars but I made the mistake of stopping by Sephora
> http://www.sephora.com/ to replace some cosmetics.
> While I was there I needed some of this and a little of that. In other
> words, I shot the budget and didn't make it to the container store.
>
> After organizing my cosmetics case I had a couple of empty containers
> so I decided to recycle the empty containers into spice jars. They are
> really cool because they have a shaker insert already. Yahoooo!!!!
> Just a little bath in some hot soapy bleach water and I have new spice
> jars.
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2zjgadk.jpg
>
> What have you recycled into spice containers. I'll bet we have some
> pretty inventive ideas.
>
> koko

Nice!

I use small, medium, and large clamp-lid canning jars for many of the
spices I keep larger quantities of or wish to scoop out rather than shake.
I've been able to find clear neoprene washers to replace the red rubber
ones that don't hold up too well. nice tight seal.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
wrote:

> I really need spice jars but I made the mistake of stopping by Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/ to replace some cosmetics.
> While I was there I needed some of this and a little of that. In other
> words, I shot the budget and didn't make it to the container store.
>
> After organizing my cosmetics case I had a couple of empty containers
> so I decided to recycle the empty containers into spice jars. They are
> really cool because they have a shaker insert already. Yahoooo!!!!
> Just a little bath in some hot soapy bleach water and I have new spice
> jars.
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2zjgadk.jpg
>
> What have you recycled into spice containers. I'll bet we have some
> pretty inventive ideas.

Baby food jars.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>
> I really need spice jars but I made the mistake of stopping by Sephora
> http://www.sephora.com/ to replace some cosmetics.
> While I was there I needed some of this and a little of that. In other
> words, I shot the budget and didn't make it to the container store.
>
> After organizing my cosmetics case I had a couple of empty containers
> so I decided to recycle the empty containers into spice jars. They are
> really cool because they have a shaker insert already. Yahoooo!!!!
> Just a little bath in some hot soapy bleach water and I have new spice
> jars.
>
> http://i31.tinypic.com/2zjgadk.jpg
>
> What have you recycled into spice containers. I'll bet we have some
> pretty inventive ideas.
>
> koko

Actually, I've done the opposite! lol
I've taken spice jars and turned them into other things...powdered sugar shaker and
flour duster, a duster for edible glitter (for cake decorating and at Christmas).
I've also used them outside the kitchen...when I make ornaments I use them for
glitter, because the larger jars of glitter I've gotten have holes that are too
large, and it's hard to get just a light dusting from them.

My daughter filled one of my jars from Penzey's with this cinnamon tea (the actual
tea, not the liquid lol) and put it in her book nook because she liked the smell.

kimberly