Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner, Friday 5/2

On Sun 04 May 2008 06:12:46a, blake murphy told us...

> On Sat, 03 May 2008 20:20:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sat 03 May 2008 10:07:39a, Janet Baraclough told us...
>>
>>> The message >
>>> from "Nancy Young" > contains these words:

>>> BDDTGTTS. From my experience, it's an attention seeking device
>>> indulged by co-dependents. One party is playing the hand-fed baby and
>>> the other is playing the indulgent parent . Both are playing at

"proof
>>> of love".
>>>
>>> The real proof of love, is to cut the apron strings and meet the
>>> other person on equal terms, instead of child/parent, boss/servant,
>>> needer/provider.
>>>
>>> Janet

>>That may well be true in many instances, but we are on par with each

other
>>in every other aspect of our lives. Food issues quickly bacame non-

issues
>>in our relationship, and quite honestly, it doesn't matter to me at all.

> c'mon y'all. let the man bitch, for chrissake.
>
> your pal,
> blake

When I started this thread, it was about what I was preparing for dinner on
Friday. The fact that David won't eat corned beef (or other things) was
just an aside, NOT a complaint. Clearly, a lot of you folks have nothing
better to do than criticize habits and personal lifestyles. Too bad I
can't just erase the whole damned thread.

(This was NOT directed at you, Blake.)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 04 May 2008 06:22:26a, Nancy Young told us...

> "blake murphy" > wrote

>>>That may well be true in many instances, but we are on par with each

other
>>>in every other aspect of our lives. Food issues quickly bacame non-

issues
>>>in our relationship, and quite honestly, it doesn't matter to me at all.

>> c'mon y'all. let the man bitch, for chrissake.

> I was just kidding around, that there are much pickier people than I am.
> Most of us bitch about someone in our lives once in a while. It's all in
> fun, we don't actually expect advice to fix it.
>
> nancy

You said nothing offensive, Nancy.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 12hrs 5mins
Either this man is dead or my watch
has stopped.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 04 May 2008 06:15:01a, blake murphy told us...

> On Sat, 03 May 2008 18:22:19 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:

fried,

>>> Pitiful. Just imagine what he is missing, both flavor and
>>> nutrition-wise. I can't understand how an adult can be so anal and
>>> narrow-minded. SOunds like our 6 yr. old grandson, but there's hope
>>> for him since we can bribe him into tasting things and he often decides
>>> "Hey, that's GOOD!"
>>>
>>> gloria p
>>>

>>Yes, pitiful. If his upbringing had been better, it may not have ended

up
>>like this.

> at least he doesn't have a maniacal appetite for big macs.
>
> your pal,
> bill

Yes, thank God for that. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 12hrs 5mins
Either this man is dead or my watch
has stopped.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Baraclough > wrote:

> ? Re soup; are you bagging and freezing the cooking water too? If
> not, and you're making soup from cooked veg, surely you've lost half the
> flavour already by throwing out the cooking water/stock?

I understand. I'm losing all the flavor of the cooking water and a lot
of nutrients. I like beef soups and stews to taste like beef. The richer
the better. I also like the vegetables and barley to be done to my
liking without adding assorted items to the beef stock at assorted
times. So I cook vegetables and barley individually. If noodles are
involved, I do toss them in the beef stock without precooking.
As is normal with all this type of stuff. The meal is better the second
day.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in news:68692mF2s1crjU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I have always done all of the cooking. I prefer it that way.

> I do ours too, and I also prefer it that way)

I do most of ours, but as I have stated before, if the SO wants to cook
something, I let her. Because any meal I don't have to cook myself, is a
damn good meal :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> On Sat 03 May 2008 10:37:56p, PeterLucas told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>> 3.184:

>>> David and I got into a discussion this afternoon about why he
>>> wouldn't even try the corned beef. As I had posted earlier, it's
>>> because it's "pink" (meaning it looks raw to him). After I
>>> explained the curing process for making corned beef, he said he
>>> would try a bite of it tomorrow. I also explained that corned beef
>>> doesn't have to be that color, and without one of the chemicals
>>> used, it would be brown like any other piece of well cooked beef.
>>> He might be turning a corner.
>>> :-)
>>>

>> Well done!! A little explanation, and a couple slaps around the ear,
>> always work :-)
>>
>> Do you do a white sauce with your corned beef? That used to be a
>> 'staple' meal back in the old days. Corned beef, boiled veges and
>> white (usually onion) sauce.

> No, actually never heard of that, Peter. Here it's usually
> horseradish or creamy horseradish sauce, and strong grainy mustards.
>
> Got a recipe?

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=43047

http://ten.com.au/ten/9am-david-kim-...ce-recipe.html

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1354...percorn+white+
sauce

Lots of variations, you can add cheese, or just about anything to the
sauce mix to give it a different flavour.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 04 May 2008 10:09:16p, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>
>> On Sat 03 May 2008 10:37:56p, PeterLucas told us...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>>> 3.184:

>>> Well done!! A little explanation, and a couple slaps around the ear,
>>> always work :-)
>>>
>>> Do you do a white sauce with your corned beef? That used to be a
>>> 'staple' meal back in the old days. Corned beef, boiled veges and
>>> white (usually onion) sauce.

>> No, actually never heard of that, Peter. Here it's usually
>> horseradish or creamy horseradish sauce, and strong grainy mustards.
>>
>> Got a recipe?
>>

> http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=43047
>

> http://ten.com.au/ten/9am-david-kim-...ce-recipe.html
>

> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1354...percorn+white+
> sauce
>

> Lots of variations, you can add cheese, or just about anything to the
> sauce mix to give it a different flavour.

Thanks, Peter, I'll give this a try with the next CB.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1hrs 5mins
Of all the ways of acquiring books,
writing them oneself is regarded as
the most praiseworthy method. Writers
are really people who write books not
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 May 2008 09:22:26 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote

>>>That may well be true in many instances, but we are on par with each other
>>>in every other aspect of our lives. Food issues quickly bacame non-issues
>>>in our relationship, and quite honestly, it doesn't matter to me at all.

>> c'mon y'all. let the man bitch, for chrissake.

>I was just kidding around, that there are much pickier people than I am.
>Most of us bitch about someone in our lives once in a while. It's all in
>fun, we don't actually expect advice to fix it.
>
>nancy

some women get positively incensed if you offer them advice. they
just want to talk about it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 May 2008 16:33:39 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 04 May 2008 09:28:12a, PeterLucas told us...
>
>> Janet Baraclough > wrote in

>>> Ah. Not quite "I cook 2 different meals most nights".

>> I cook one meal.
>>

>> You don't like it.... go hungry.

>>> I see.

>> I don't.
>>

>> Seems Wayne is doing most/all of the cooking.

>I have always done all of the cooking. I prefer it that way.

frankly, it sounds like you'd be up shit creek if you left it to
david.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 May 2008 18:05:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I have always done all of the cooking. I prefer it that way.

>I do ours too, and I also prefer it that way)

when i was shacking up with various women, i did most of the cooking.
if the talent or inclination is not there on their part, it only makes
sense.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2008 18:05:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> I have always done all of the cooking. I prefer it that way.

>> I do ours too, and I also prefer it that way)
>>

> when i was shacking up with various women, i did most of the cooking.
> if the talent or inclination is not there on their part, it only makes
> sense.

Well, needs must when the devil drives <G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 05 May 2008 07:56:01a, blake murphy told us...

> On Sun, 04 May 2008 16:33:39 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun 04 May 2008 09:28:12a, PeterLucas told us...
>>
>>> Janet Baraclough > wrote in

>>> I cook one meal.
>>>

>>> You don't like it.... go hungry.

>>> I don't.
>>>

>>> Seems Wayne is doing most/all of the cooking.

>>I have always done all of the cooking. I prefer it that way.

> frankly, it sounds like you'd be up shit creek if you left it to
> david.
>
> your pal,
> blake

To a great extent you're right. Actually he *can* cook, and really makes a
very decent lasagna and a few other things, but we'd *both* rather that I
do the cooking.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 05(V)/05(V)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 05 May 2008 09:31:34a, Ophelia told us...

> blake murphy wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 May 2008 18:05:19 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> I do ours too, and I also prefer it that way)
>>>

>> when i was shacking up with various women, i did most of the cooking.
>> if the talent or inclination is not there on their part, it only makes
>> sense.

> Well, needs must when the devil drives <G>

I love that expression!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 05(V)/05(V)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
2wks 6dys 11hrs
Love is a many-splintered thing

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 05 May 2008 09:31:34a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> blake murphy wrote:

>>> when i was shacking up with various women, i did most of the
>>> cooking. if the talent or inclination is not there on their part,
>>> it only makes sense.

>> Well, needs must when the devil drives <G>

> I love that expression!

heh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in
news

> "PeterLucas" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> People like that are good for one thing, if people say I'm picky
>>> because I don't want cherries on my pork chop, I can say Well,
>>> I do eat vegetables and corned beef (even if it is pink). You want
>>> picky, ask Wayne about David.

>> I ate vegetarian Chinese that tasted like beef snot...... I lived.
>>
>> I was hungry about 20 mins later, but I lived :-)
>>
>> I still don't like snot though.

> It's an acquired taste. (laugh)

I must have been a gourmet from childbirth....... a gourmet trapped in a
peasant lifestyle. Yeah, I used to pick it, but *never* eat it.

Same same when I grew up and did other things.

After 5 days of no food, we were given a 3 course meal. All thrown into the
one container.

Soup, main course (boiled sheeps head and veges), and dessert (trifle).

I sliced off a couple of thin bits of cheek, and left the rest to the
animals.

> I'm reminded of a friend of mine, I
> wouldn't
> say she is picky, but no cauliflower (looks like brains), stuff like
> that. She's
> a very good cook, but what's-the-word, sensory issues put her off.

Just the words 'Brains', 'Trifle' etc are enough for me.

> She went out on a first date with some guy, he took her out to this
> Chinese place. It sounded good, she likes seafood, so she ordered
> Shrimp in Lobster Sauce. Imagine her horror to find her dinner arrive
> and it's, for all the world,
> shrimp in snot.

LOL!!!!!! *Green* lobster sauce???!!!

> I still laugh thinking of the look on her face describing having to
> eat that.
> First date and all. So funny.

So........... she still with the dude??