Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner, Friday 5/2

For many reasons we missed having a corned beef dinner on St. Patrick's
Day, although I had two briskets in the freezer.

Tonight it's corned beef with red potatoes, carrots, cabbage, rutabaga,
parsnips, and onions. I pretty much followed the Bon Appetit recipe with
Guinness, but my own varitions on spice blends.

The corned beef is done, and the nut that I am, I cook each vegetable
individually so that they're all at exactly the texture I prefer. It
smells heavenly, and I can't wait to dig in as soon as the last of it is
done.

David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His pholosphy...if
the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the fact that it
simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that? He'll be having hot dogs. :-)
They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His
> pholosphy...if the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the
> fact that it simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that?

Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white food", "I
don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

> He'll be
> having hot dogs. :-) They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)

And with what a lot of the hotdogs are made out of........ !!!

At least the corned beef is *beef*!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> For many reasons we missed having a corned beef dinner on St. Patrick's
> Day, although I had two briskets in the freezer.
>
> Tonight it's corned beef with red potatoes, carrots, cabbage, rutabaga,
> parsnips, and onions. I pretty much followed the Bon Appetit recipe with
> Guinness, but my own varitions on spice blends.
>
> The corned beef is done, and the nut that I am, I cook each vegetable
> individually so that they're all at exactly the texture I prefer. It
> smells heavenly, and I can't wait to dig in as soon as the last of it is
> done.

The smell would probably be driving me crazy. I fear I would not have taken
the time to or energy to prepare each item seperately. Sounds really good.

> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His pholosphy...if
> the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the fact that it
> simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that? He'll be having hot dogs. :-)
> They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)

Ummmm, okay. Opting to eat a hot dog instead of homemade corned beef seems a
sacrilege. I hope you enjoyed the full measure of your effort even if David
didn't. I am sure the vegetables we quite satisfying even when paired with a
hot dog.

Cindi

> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
> Countdown till Memorial Day
> 3wks 2dys 2hrs 55mins
> Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 02 May 2008 09:28:59p, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>

>> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His
>> pholosphy...if the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the
>> fact that it simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that?

> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white food", "I
> don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is canned
green peas. He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it. Bloody stupid,
indeed!!

>> He'll be
>> having hot dogs. :-) They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)
>>

> And with what a lot of the hotdogs are made out of........ !!!

I've argued this point many times. :-(

> At least the corned beef is *beef*!!

Indeed!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 2dys 2hrs 15mins
Useless Invention: Muffler Bearings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 May 2008 04:47:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 02 May 2008 09:28:59p, PeterLucas told us...
>
>>> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His
>>> pholosphy...if the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the
>>> fact that it simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that?

>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white food", "I
>> don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

>LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is canned
>green peas. He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it. Bloody stupid,
>indeed!!

I am going to have to deal with this at the end of May. I have an
Australian friend coming to visit me in NM..and she eats almost no
vegetables. She does eat potatoes, and she likes avocados. But if I
am to get her to eat any vegetables, she says they need to be covered
in cheese.

She will eat a salad, I think...but no bitter greens...

I was going to post this as a different thread, as I have been trying
to wrack my brain figuring out what to feed her.

So, what do you serve David? I need ideas!!

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Fri 02 May 2008 09:28:59p, PeterLucas told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>> 3.184:
>>

>>> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His
>>> pholosphy...if the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the
>>> fact that it simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that?

>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white food", "I
>> don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

My brother and sister in law are the same way when it comes to eating meats
with bones or the hint of them. I don't get that though. There are no
boneless chickens or boneless cows. I figure they have blocked that reality.

Cindi

> LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is canned
> green peas. He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it. Bloody stupid,
> indeed!!
>
>>> He'll be
>>> having hot dogs. :-) They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)
>>>

>> And with what a lot of the hotdogs are made out of........ !!!

> I've argued this point many times. :-(
>

>> At least the corned beef is *beef*!!

> Indeed!
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
> Countdown till Memorial Day
> 3wks 2dys 2hrs 15mins
> Useless Invention: Muffler Bearings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 4>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> The corned beef is done, and the nut that I am, I cook each vegetable
> individually so that they're all at exactly the texture I prefer. It
> smells heavenly, and I can't wait to dig in as soon as the last of it is
> done.

I cook potatoes, carrots, barley, etc., separately for soups and stews.
Then I bag them together and refrigerate them. I get the flavor and
thickness just right for what the dish is supposed to be according to my
taste. Then I add what's in the bag until everything is hot. I don't use
this method for a pot roast. Come to think of it, I don't use this
method for anything but beef soups and stews.
Except if I'm adding carrots. I despise the taste that carrots give to
anything unless they are precooked and warmed into the dish. YMMV.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 02 May 2008 09:54:25p, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Sat, 03 May 2008 04:47:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Fri 02 May 2008 09:28:59p, PeterLucas told us...

>>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white food",
>>> "I don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

>>LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is
>>canned green peas. He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it.
>>Bloody stupid, indeed!!

> I am going to have to deal with this at the end of May. I have an
> Australian friend coming to visit me in NM..and she eats almost no
> vegetables. She does eat potatoes, and she likes avocados. But if I
> am to get her to eat any vegetables, she says they need to be covered
> in cheese.
>
> She will eat a salad, I think...but no bitter greens...
>
> I was going to post this as a different thread, as I have been trying
> to wrack my brain figuring out what to feed her.
>
> So, what do you serve David? I need ideas!!
>
> Christine

Okay, here goes, but it's not a particularly inspiring list...

Canned Green Peas or Peas and Carrots, buttered or in a white sauce
Fresh Carrots, sliced and cooked soft
Potatoes in almost any form, mashed, cubed and parslied, creamed, fried, au
gratin, scalloped
White rice with brown gravy
Canned Corn or Corn on the Cob
Almost any for of beef, as long as there is no bone or visible fat
Boneless, skinless chicken breast, flattened and grilled
Roast turkey, prime white meat slices only
Boneless center cut pork chops
Hot dogs, boiled
Burger, burgers, burgers, fried or grilled
No salads of any type, vegetable or fruit
No bits or pieces of tomato, onion, or garlic in anything
Canned peaches and pears
Desserts? Chocolate only, and no nuts

Very sad, isn't it?

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 2dys 2hrs
Neurotic: Self-taut person.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 02 May 2008 09:46:49p, Cindi - HappyMamatoThree told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 3.184...
>> For many reasons we missed having a corned beef dinner on St. Patrick's
>> Day, although I had two briskets in the freezer.
>>
>> Tonight it's corned beef with red potatoes, carrots, cabbage, rutabaga,
>> parsnips, and onions. I pretty much followed the Bon Appetit recipe
>> with Guinness, but my own varitions on spice blends.
>>
>> The corned beef is done, and the nut that I am, I cook each vegetable
>> individually so that they're all at exactly the texture I prefer. It
>> smells heavenly, and I can't wait to dig in as soon as the last of it
>> is done.

> The smell would probably be driving me crazy. I fear I would not have
> taken the time to or energy to prepare each item seperately. Sounds
> really good.

We just finished eating and it was really delicious!

>> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His
>> pholosphy...if the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the
>> fact that it simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that? He'll be
>> having hot dogs. :-) They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)

> Ummmm, okay. Opting to eat a hot dog instead of homemade corned beef
> seems a sacrilege. I hope you enjoyed the full measure of your effort
> even if David didn't. I am sure the vegetables we quite satisfying even
> when paired with a hot dog.

He decided he didn't really like the vegetables after all. I cooked him
some parslied potatoes. Grrrrr!

> Cindi
>

>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright
>> Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
>> Countdown till Memorial Day
>> 3wks 2dys 2hrs 55mins
>> Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 2dys 1hrs 15mins
Never go up against a Sicilian when
death's on the line!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri 02 May 2008 10:46:07p, Leonard Blaisdell told us...

> In article 4>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> The corned beef is done, and the nut that I am, I cook each vegetable
>> individually so that they're all at exactly the texture I prefer. It
>> smells heavenly, and I can't wait to dig in as soon as the last of it is
>> done.

> I cook potatoes, carrots, barley, etc., separately for soups and stews.
> Then I bag them together and refrigerate them. I get the flavor and
> thickness just right for what the dish is supposed to be according to my
> taste. Then I add what's in the bag until everything is hot. I don't use
> this method for a pot roast. Come to think of it, I don't use this
> method for anything but beef soups and stews.
> Except if I'm adding carrots. I despise the taste that carrots give to
> anything unless they are precooked and warmed into the dish. YMMV.
>
> leo

We share some of the same ideas, although I don't mind carrots cooked with
other things. With pot roast I throw everything in at the same time.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 2dys 1hrs 10mins
If the enemy is in range, so are you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> We share some of the same ideas, although I don't mind carrots cooked with
> other things. With pot roast I throw everything in at the same time.

I cook a pot roast for about two hours before I add vegetables. Then I
add medium onions for an hour, and then I add potatoes and carrots for
the next hour. It's a four hour pot roast. What's not to like? It's also
the only beef dish where I cook carrots for an hour. Come to think of
it, it's the *only* dish where I cook carrots for an hour.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

Makes no sense to me. :-)

Pounds, shillings or pence! (Roger Waters).

What a picky SOB David is!

Not a shred of gourmet in him, obviously.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 May 2008 00:21:51 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>I cook a pot roast for about two hours before I add vegetables. Then I
>add medium onions for an hour,

For the start of a roast, I slice onions one half inch thick and put
them under the roast for a rack. But we still add onions sliced in
quarters two hours later. The rack onions dissolve and the quarter
slice will hold its shape.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white
>> food", "I don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

> LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is
> canned green peas.

There's only one good thing I can say about that...... PIE FLOATERS!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater

The only use for *tinned* peas that I can think of.

Get the sucker to shell some fresh ones and chew them raw.
The taste...... YUM!!

> He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it.
> Bloody stupid, indeed!!

Oh well...... at least I can tell #1 daughter she's not the only freak
in the world!!

>> And with what a lot of the hotdogs are made out of........ !!!

> I've argued this point many times. :-(
>

>> At least the corned beef is *beef*!!

> Indeed!

Time to take a half soggy hotdog and start slapping him around the head
with it :-)

I *love* sausages and hotdogs...... but I only ever eat the gourmet
variety.

Your garden variety (ie, supermarket) is usually made of lips, eyelids,
labia, arseholes, tongues, eyeballs, scrotums..... etc, etc, etc.

I'm actually about to send off an email to one of the latest sausage
makers that we've tried...... and let them know that their combo isn't
working.

We had the Thai Beef with Lemongrass and Chilli.

www.peppercornforfoodco.com.au

It'd be better if it was chicken.

Beef and lemongrass (in sausages) just don't do it for me.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> I am going to have to deal with this at the end of May. I have an
> Australian friend coming to visit me in NM..and she eats almost no
> vegetables. She does eat potatoes, and she likes avocados. But if I
> am to get her to eat any vegetables, she says they need to be covered
> in cheese.
>
> She will eat a salad, I think...but no bitter greens...
>
> I was going to post this as a different thread, as I have been trying
> to wrack my brain figuring out what to feed her.
>
> So, what do you serve David? I need ideas!!

(In a deep booming voice........)

Christine, my daughter, fear not.

(Booming voice off, but ****ed off voice takes it's place....)

If she's so *frikken* picky, tell her to get her thumb out of her arse
and go source her own frikken food!!!! (That's a phrase that all Aussies
understand :-)

The fussy *bitch*!! If I was going to visit someone and I had those anal
attitudes towards food, there's no way I'd leave it up to my host to
sort out what I need and what I don't.

My CA wife was a vego/vegan (one of those freaks, I cant, and don't want
to remember which).... we went out to diner after we were married and
she demanded that it be a Chinese vegetarian place. The food tasted like
beef flavoured snot. With the same consistency.

Then we went to vist my mate (SEAL Lt.Comdr) a couple of days later. I
had a chat with her and said that the meat eaters were going to a place
that we wanted to........ and she could either stay in LA, or take her
own frikken food.

She took her own food.

So don't take no shit from some left wing, pain in the ass, jump on the
bandwagon, Aussie vego.

Or *any* frikken vego for that matter.

They want to be different...... FINE!!

So long as they just don't expect every ******* on earth to cater to
their stupid frikken needs.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> Very sad, isn't it?

Totally f****** sad.

Unless the 'person' is allegic to just about everything (in which case
she shouldn't be foisting herself on any 'friends'), if she has "special
needs" she should take care of them.

When the SO and I got together, we became a "Brady Bunch".

Her kids wouldn't eat different foods, and neither of them were the
same.

When the SO was married (previously) and at home, she cooked 4 different
meals. One for the arsewipe, one each for the kids, and one for her.

Within 3 weeks of moving in with me, all kids and all adults were eating
the same food........ and no-one died!! Go Figger!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindi - HappyMamatoThree" > wrote in
:

>>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white
>>> food", "I don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody
>>> stupid!!

> My brother and sister in law are the same way when it comes to eating
> meats with bones or the hint of them. I don't get that though. There
> are no boneless chickens or boneless cows. I figure they have blocked
> that reality.

Welcome to the Boneless Chicken Ranch.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2dgl4yt.jpg

Their (your brother and SIL) attitudes are the same as most vegos/vegans
(whatever).

It suits their socialogical outlook.

My CA wife was a 'strict' vego/vegan, and yet she wore a leather coat and
boots when she was riding our motorbike.

Most of these 'different' people attach themelves to a 'belief' because it
gives them credence in a world that they feel they have no control over.

Pretty sad when you have to do some shit like that, and take a stance like
that, just because you want to be noticed in the crowd.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...
>
> Makes no sense to me. :-)
>

> Pounds, shillings or pence! (Roger Waters).
>
> What a picky SOB David is!

No question about that!

> Not a shred of gourmet in him, obviously.

Well, maybe one shred. He wolved down the Chicken Kiev when I took him to
The Russian Tea Room some years ago. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...

>> What a picky SOB David is!

> No question about that!

People like that are good for one thing, if people say I'm picky
because I don't want cherries on my pork chop, I can say Well,
I do eat vegetables and corned beef (even if it is pink). You want
picky, ask Wayne about David.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 05:15:37a, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>

>>> Up there with "I don't eat green vegetables", "I only eat white
>>> food", "I don't eat any meat with bones in it"....... bloody stupid!!

>> LOL! He's three for four. The only green vegetable he will eat is
>> canned green peas.

> There's only one good thing I can say about that...... PIE FLOATERS!!!!
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
>
> The only use for *tinned* peas that I can think of.

He won't even eat pea soup. Only cream of tomato (smooth).

> Get the sucker to shell some fresh ones and chew them raw.
> The taste...... YUM!!

I love them. He wouldn't try them in a million years. He'd insist they'd
make him "sick" to his stomach.

>> He won't eat any meat with bones on or in it.
>> Bloody stupid, indeed!!

> Oh well...... at least I can tell #1 daughter she's not the only freak
> in the world!!
>

>>> And with what a lot of the hotdogs are made out of........ !!!

>> I've argued this point many times. :-(
>>

>>> At least the corned beef is *beef*!!

>> Indeed!
>>

> Time to take a half soggy hotdog and start slapping him around the head
> with it :-)

I've been tempted!

> I *love* sausages and hotdogs...... but I only ever eat the gourmet
> variety.

So do I.

> Your garden variety (ie, supermarket) is usually made of lips, eyelids,
> labia, arseholes, tongues, eyeballs, scrotums..... etc, etc, etc.

He will only eat "all beef" hot dogs, but that certainlly doesn't preclude
them having the above ingredients. He doesn't believe it.

> I'm actually about to send off an email to one of the latest sausage
> makers that we've tried...... and let them know that their combo isn't
> working.
>
> We had the Thai Beef with Lemongrass and Chilli.
>
> www.peppercornforfoodco.com.au

That "sounds" really good.

> It'd be better if it was chicken.

Probably so, now that I think about it.

> Beef and lemongrass (in sausages) just don't do it for me.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1dys 17hrs 15mins
Help! I'm modeming... and I can't hang up!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

>> We had the Thai Beef with Lemongrass and Chilli.
>>
>> www.peppercornforfoodco.com.au

> That "sounds" really good.

Opps..........

http://www.peppercornfood.com.au/

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 05:37:23a, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>

>> Very sad, isn't it?
>>

> Totally f****** sad.

> Unless the 'person' is allegic to just about everything (in which case
> she shouldn't be foisting herself on any 'friends'), if she has "special
> needs" she should take care of them.

He has absolutely no allergies to any foods or medications.

> When the SO and I got together, we became a "Brady Bunch".
>
> Her kids wouldn't eat different foods, and neither of them were the
> same.
>
> When the SO was married (previously) and at home, she cooked 4 different
> meals. One for the arsewipe, one each for the kids, and one for her.
>
> Within 3 weeks of moving in with me, all kids and all adults were eating
> the same food........ and no-one died!! Go Figger!!!

I wish that would have worked here, but he would simply not eat what I
preferred to cook and would just go out for a McDonald's.

I cook 2 different meals on most nights, in self defense, because I won't
stoop to his pitiful level of taste. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1dys 17hrs 10mins
'Friends help you move. Real friends
help you move bodies.'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>
>> Makes no sense to me. :-)
>>

>> Pounds, shillings or pence! (Roger Waters).
>>
>> What a picky SOB David is!

> No question about that!
>
>> Not a shred of gourmet in him, obviously.

> Well, maybe one shred. He wolved down the Chicken Kiev when I took him

> The Russian Tea Room some years ago. :-)
>

>> Andy

Oooh!!! The Russian Tea Room in Manhattan!??

Pretty good eats!!!

Is it still open?!?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
>>
>> The only use for *tinned* peas that I can think of.

> He won't even eat pea soup. Only cream of tomato (smooth).

And as a supposed 'adult', he can't be told, "Eat this or go hungry"?

Does he have *real* adverse reactions to certain foods? Or is it just a
spoilt child thing?

>> Get the sucker to shell some fresh ones and chew them raw.
>> The taste...... YUM!!

> I love them. He wouldn't try them in a million years. He'd insist
> they'd make him "sick" to his stomach.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... he's mentally weak.

It's time the boy grew up and people stopped babying him.
That sort of shit is all an attention gathering thing.

He's a DQ, right?

(Drama Queen.)

>> Time to take a half soggy hotdog and start slapping him around the
>> head with it :-)

> I've been tempted!

Wayne..... you seem like a halfway decent sort of guy (even if you're on
the other side of the fence)........ but even so, having to put up with
prima-donna shit like that..... I'd say "Adjust, or move."

>> I *love* sausages and hotdogs...... but I only ever eat the gourmet
>> variety.

> So do I.

Betcha we have better sausages than you do :-)

If the damn post didn't take so damn long... I'd send some over.

> He will only eat "all beef" hot dogs, but that certainlly doesn't
> preclude them having the above ingredients. He doesn't believe it.

LOL!!! Tell him to stick his fingers in his ears and go
"Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalala!!!!!!

Best of luck, Wayne, on teaching your spoilt child what is, and what
isn't good to eat.

I won't hold my breath.

(F*** me!! If some *** guy was to walk up to me and say, "Hey, I'd like
to shout you a 450g medium rare rib fillet on the bone because I'd love
to eat with someone who really appreciates their food.'..... I'd shout
the guy Shirley Temples all night!!.......... (or whatever they drank!!)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote on Sat, 3 May 2008 14:18:06 +0000 (UTC):

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
>>>
>>> The only use for *tinned* peas that I can think of.

>> He won't even eat pea soup. Only cream of tomato (smooth).

> And as a supposed 'adult', he can't be told, "Eat this or go
> hungry"?

> Does he have *real* adverse reactions to certain foods? Or is
> it just a spoilt child thing?

People do claim "allergies" to things they dislike without
regard for the clinical use where an allergist diagnoses an
allergy by the production of anntibodies, I believe. I have gone
thro' a fairly full allergy test and even that was a bit
inconclusive. My mild allergy to cats was confirmed but cats are
not allergic to me and I don't really dislike them :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 07:07:28a, Andy told us...

> Wayne Boatwright said...
>
>> On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>>
>>> Makes no sense to me. :-)
>>>

>>> Pounds, shillings or pence! (Roger Waters).
>>>
>>> What a picky SOB David is!

>> No question about that!
>>
>>> Not a shred of gourmet in him, obviously.

>> Well, maybe one shred. He wolved down the Chicken Kiev when I took him
>> to The Russian Tea Room some years ago. :-)
>>

>>> Andy

> Oooh!!! The Russian Tea Room in Manhattan!??
>
> Pretty good eats!!!
>
> Is it still open?!?
>
> Andy

I don't think so. It went through a $32 million dollar renovation and
reopened in 1998 as a very showy glitzy fiasco, only to close after 3
years. I don't believe it ever re-opened. So sad. The original had a
wonderful "old world" elegance.

In a former life with a former partner, we used to go there for the caviar
and vodka "tastings", following by a sumptious dinner. Those were the
days!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1dys 16hrs 55mins
Terraform Mars? Why not terraform the
Earth?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 06:59:15a, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>

>>> We had the Thai Beef with Lemongrass and Chilli.
>>>
>>> www.peppercornforfoodco.com.au

>> That "sounds" really good.
>>

> Opps..........
>
> http://www.peppercornfood.com.au/

We have some variety of sausages here, but I don't they the range is as
broad as what you folks have.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1dys 16hrs 30mins
Too much of a good thing is *wonderful*.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> People like that are good for one thing, if people say I'm picky
>> because I don't want cherries on my pork chop, I can say Well,
>> I do eat vegetables and corned beef (even if it is pink). You want
>> picky, ask Wayne about David.

> I ate vegetarian Chinese that tasted like beef snot...... I lived.
>
> I was hungry about 20 mins later, but I lived :-)
>
> I still don't like snot though.

It's an acquired taste. (laugh) I'm reminded of a friend of mine, I
wouldn't
say she is picky, but no cauliflower (looks like brains), stuff like that.
She's
a very good cook, but what's-the-word, sensory issues put her off.

She went out on a first date with some guy, he took her out to this Chinese
place. It sounded good, she likes seafood, so she ordered Shrimp in Lobster
Sauce. Imagine her horror to find her dinner arrive and it's, for all the
world,
shrimp in snot.

I still laugh thinking of the look on her face describing having to eat
that.
First date and all. So funny.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

> On Sat 03 May 2008 06:59:15a, PeterLucas told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
>> 3.184:

>>> That "sounds" really good.
>>>

>> Opps..........
>>
>> http://www.peppercornfood.com.au/
>>

> We have some variety of sausages here, but I don't they the range is

as
> broad as what you folks have.

LOL!!! It sucks to be Yanks, hey??!! ;-P

(Sorry..... I empathize with you.... sorta!!)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright said...

> On Sat 03 May 2008 07:07:28a, Andy told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>
>>> On Sat 03 May 2008 01:56:52a, Andy told us...

>>> No question about that!

>>> Well, maybe one shred. He wolved down the Chicken Kiev when I took him
>>> to The Russian Tea Room some years ago. :-)

>> Oooh!!! The Russian Tea Room in Manhattan!??
>>
>> Pretty good eats!!!
>>
>> Is it still open?!?
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I don't think so. It went through a $32 million dollar renovation and
> reopened in 1998 as a very showy glitzy fiasco, only to close after 3
> years. I don't believe it ever re-opened. So sad. The original had a
> wonderful "old world" elegance.

RATS!

> In a former life with a former partner, we used to go there for the

caviar
> and vodka "tastings", following by a sumptious dinner. Those were the
> days!

Ah, the days of big fat expense accounts!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
3.184:

>> Unless the 'person' is allegic to just about everything (in which
>> case she shouldn't be foisting herself on any 'friends'), if she has
>> "special needs" she should take care of them.

> He has absolutely no allergies to any foods or medications.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! So he's just being a spoilt little child.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme..... pay me attention."

>> Within 3 weeks of moving in with me, all kids and all adults were
>> eating the same food........ and no-one died!! Go Figger!!!

> I wish that would have worked here, but he would simply not eat what I
> preferred to cook and would just go out for a McDonald's.

That's fine.

But that **really** shows the level of feeling and commitment that he
has for you.

FFS!! I was willing to become a frikken vego for my CA wife!!

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

(And I'll come back to the Slack-Macs thing later!!)

> I cook 2 different meals on most nights, in self defense, because I
> won't stoop to his pitiful level of taste. :-)

Stop doing it Wayne.

Because as long as you continue to cater to the needs of an attention
seeking asswipe, they'll continue to act like children and continue to
drag as much out of you as they can.

I'd rather live by myself than have to cater to someone like that.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

> I ate vegetarian Chinese that tasted like beef snot...... I lived.

That was probably tofu :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> People do claim "allergies" to things they dislike without
> regard for the clinical use where an allergist diagnoses an
> allergy by the production of anntibodies, I believe. I have gone
> thro' a fairly full allergy test and even that was a bit
> inconclusive. My mild allergy to cats was confirmed but cats are
> not allergic to me and I don't really dislike them :-)

My reaction to certain foods, like tomatoes, potatoes, eggs and milk
sound more like sensitivity issues than allergic reactions, but when
I was tested for allergies they all came back positive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:481C8254.CD5089D5
@sympatico.ca:

> PeterLucas wrote:
>

>> I ate vegetarian Chinese that tasted like beef snot...... I lived.

> That was probably tofu :-)

Silken tofu, to be exact.

Along with slimey mushrooms.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your home,
though it will not be where you left it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> James Silverton wrote:
>

>> People do claim "allergies" to things they dislike without
>> regard for the clinical use where an allergist diagnoses an
>> allergy by the production of anntibodies, I believe. I have gone
>> thro' a fairly full allergy test and even that was a bit
>> inconclusive. My mild allergy to cats was confirmed but cats are
>> not allergic to me and I don't really dislike them :-)
>>

> My reaction to certain foods, like tomatoes, potatoes, eggs and milk
> sound more like sensitivity issues than allergic reactions, but when
> I was tested for allergies they all came back positive.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......... sucks to be you.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

You will travel through the valley of rejection;
you will reside in the land of morning mists...and you will find your
home,
though it will not be where you left it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> For many reasons we missed having a corned beef dinner on St. Patrick's
> Day, although I had two briskets in the freezer.
>
> Tonight it's corned beef with red potatoes, carrots, cabbage, rutabaga,
> parsnips, and onions. I pretty much followed the Bon Appetit recipe with
> Guinness, but my own varitions on spice blends.

Last night I tried the seafood in parchment packages again. This time I
checked the recipe rather than winging it from what I remembered from the
cooking show where I saw them done. They were much better this time. Five
minutes prep time and 20 minutes in the oven. It is almost sinful that such an
easy meal can be so tasty.

> David will eat the vegetables but not the corned beef. His pholosphy...if
> the meat is pink it must still be raw, in spite of the fact that it
> simmered for ~3 hours! How crazy is that? He'll be having hot dogs. :-)
> They're pink inside. Makes no sense to me. :-)

I like pork and chicken to be cooked. If lamb is not pink it is overcooked,
and beef is IMO overcooked if it turns pink. Corned Beef, however, is pink
when well cooked. That's just the way it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Okay, here goes, but it's not a particularly inspiring list...
>
> Canned Green Peas or Peas and Carrots, buttered or in a white sauce
> Fresh Carrots, sliced and cooked soft
> Potatoes in almost any form, mashed, cubed and parslied, creamed, fried, au
> gratin, scalloped
> White rice with brown gravy
> Canned Corn or Corn on the Cob
> Almost any for of beef, as long as there is no bone or visible fat
> Boneless, skinless chicken breast, flattened and grilled
> Roast turkey, prime white meat slices only
> Boneless center cut pork chops
> Hot dogs, boiled
> Burger, burgers, burgers, fried or grilled
> No salads of any type, vegetable or fruit
> No bits or pieces of tomato, onion, or garlic in anything
> Canned peaches and pears
> Desserts? Chocolate only, and no nuts
>
> Very sad, isn't it?

Pitiful. Just imagine what he is missing, both flavor and
nutrition-wise. I can't understand how an adult can be so anal and
narrow-minded. SOunds like our 6 yr. old grandson, but there's hope
for him since we can bribe him into tasting things and he often decides
"Hey, that's GOOD!"

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 07:18:06a, PeterLucas told us...

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
> 3.184:
>

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_floater
>>>
>>> The only use for *tinned* peas that I can think of.

>> He won't even eat pea soup. Only cream of tomato (smooth).

> And as a supposed 'adult', he can't be told, "Eat this or go hungry"?

Yes, he could be, but I suppose it's partly my fault. I've been an enabler
for too many years (16). He has had many issues resulting from a ginuinely
traumatic childhood. It can really affect the rest of your life in one
wayor another.

> Does he have *real* adverse reactions to certain foods? Or is it just a
> spoilt child thing?

Absolutely none. It's all in his head. Oh, he wasn't spoiled, just never
exposed or forced to taste or eat anything he didn't want to. As a child
growing up, he subsisted on hot dogs, balogna, and peanut butter.

>>> Get the sucker to shell some fresh ones and chew them raw.
>>> The taste...... YUM!!

>> I love them. He wouldn't try them in a million years. He'd insist
>> they'd make him "sick" to his stomach.

> Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... he's mentally weak.

In some respects I'd have to agree.

> It's time the boy grew up and people stopped babying him.
> That sort of shit is all an attention gathering thing.
>
> He's a DQ, right?
>

> (Drama Queen.)

Actually, he's not a DQ at all. Apart from his food issues, he's really
quite average/normal. He's a CPA, very bright, top of his class, etc.
He's a very caring and giving person.

>>> Time to take a half soggy hotdog and start slapping him around the
>>> head with it :-)

>> I've been tempted!

> Wayne..... you seem like a halfway decent sort of guy (even if you're on
> the other side of the fence)........ but even so, having to put up with
> prima-donna shit like that..... I'd say "Adjust, or move."

If the issues went beyond food, I'd probably do just that, but I don't mind
the food issues that much. I've worked around them, and as long as I, too,
have what I want, it's not really a big deal.

>>> I *love* sausages and hotdogs...... but I only ever eat the gourmet
>>> variety.

>> So do I.

> Betcha we have better sausages than you do :-)

You absolutely do! When I was in Sidney some years ago I tried quite a few
different sausages and loved every one of them.

The stores here offer very little variety in the way of sausages. However,
within a few blocks of my office is a sausage shop that makes all their own
products and they are wonderful. The background is mostly German and
Eastern European. There is also an Italian shop that has a huge variety of
Italian sausages and meats. Glad I found both of them!>

> If the damn post didn't take so damn long... I'd send some over.

Yep, I'm afraid they would be fit to eat by the time they arrived. :-(

>> He will only eat "all beef" hot dogs, but that certainlly doesn't
>> preclude them having the above ingredients. He doesn't believe it.

> LOL!!! Tell him to stick his fingers in his ears and go
> "Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal alalalala!!!!!!

LOL!

> Best of luck, Wayne, on teaching your spoilt child what is, and what
> isn't good to eat.
>
> I won't hold my breath.

No, don't. It'll never happen.

> (F*** me!! If some *** guy was to walk up to me and say, "Hey, I'd like
> to shout you a 450g medium rare rib fillet on the bone because I'd love
> to eat with someone who really appreciates their food.'..... I'd shout
> the guy Shirley Temples all night!!.......... (or whatever they drank!!)

So would I!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day
3wks 1dys 13hrs 15mins
If you want to be loved, be lovable. - Ovid

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 03 May 2008 07:28:56a, James Silverton told us...

>>> He won't even eat pea soup. Only cream of tomato (smooth).

>> And as a supposed 'adult', he can't be told, "Eat this or go hungry"?

>> Does he have *real* adverse reactions to certain foods? Or is it just
>> a spoilt child thing?

> People do claim "allergies" to things they dislike without
> regard for the clinical use where an allergist diagnoses an
> allergy by the production of anntibodies, I believe. I have gone
> thro' a fairly full allergy test and even that was a bit
> inconclusive. My mild allergy to cats was confirmed but cats are
> not allergic to me and I don't really dislike them :-)

Oh, he has absolutely no allergies, just a psychological aversion. I look
at it this way...he doesn't know what he's missing. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 05(V)/03(III)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Memorial Day