Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Weird question (but at least it's on-topic)

So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things,
and making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and
vegan. ;-)

I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy
to avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see.
Thoughts?

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sereney-pie wrote:

> So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things,
> and making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and
> vegan. ;-)
>
> I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy
> to avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see.
> Thoughts?

I'd be interested.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Goodman wrote:
> Sereney-pie wrote:
>
>> So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things,
>> and making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and
>> vegan. ;-)
>>
>> I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy
>> to avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see.
>> Thoughts?

> I'd be interested.

Hokey-dokey. It's been a fun experiment to me, but I didn't want to
make a nuisance of myself.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:45:26 -0700, Sereney-pie
> wrote:

>So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things,
>and making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and
>vegan. ;-)
>
>I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy
>to avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see.
>Thoughts?

Serene... almost everything you post sounds delicious to me. So
AFAIC, go ahead! I'd rather have your form of clutter than the spam
form of clutter. Your photos are greatly appreciated too. At the very
least you'll dispel the myth that this group doesn't post recipes. If
you post recipes for any length of time, be prepared to be dumped on
after a while - remember what happened to Jill.... she was targeted
because she posted so many recipes. Whatta group! Sheesh. You need
a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> You need
> a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

Yeah, you never know -- you might be told you're not worth listening
to because of your "lifestyle".

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sereney-pie wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> You need
>> a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

> Yeah, you never know -- you might be told you're not worth listening to
> because of your "lifestyle".
>
> Serene

Pish-tosh to others sitting in judgment of your "lifestyle".

Please, keep the recipes coming, Serene, I may even make your tofu mayo,
just to see what it's like - it has garlic in it, how bad can it be? <lol>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Is that chip on your shoulder edible?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> Sereney-pie wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>> You need
>>> a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

>> Yeah, you never know -- you might be told you're not worth listening to
>> because of your "lifestyle".
>>
>> Serene

> Pish-tosh to others sitting in judgment of your "lifestyle".

Oh, I know. I was just being a smart-ass. :-)

> Please, keep the recipes coming, Serene, I may even make your tofu mayo,
> just to see what it's like - it has garlic in it, how bad can it be? <lol>

It's like a soy aioli, especially the next day. The Tabasco (which
was supposed to be cayenne in the original recipe) gives it a kick.
I will probably make more today. It took me about two and a half
days to use up the batch. :-)

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sereney-pie wrote:
> Dan Goodman wrote:
>> Sereney-pie wrote:
>>
>>> So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things,
>>> and making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and
>>> vegan. ;-)
>>>
>>> I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy
>>> to avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see.
>>> Thoughts?

>> I'd be interested.
>>

> Hokey-dokey. It's been a fun experiment to me, but I didn't want to
> make a nuisance of myself.

Pah! You go girl)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sereney-pie > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > You need
> > a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

> Yeah, you never know -- you might be told you're not worth listening
> to because of your "lifestyle".

Nothing wrong with a lowfat vegan lifestyle!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message

> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
> tea.
>
> Janet.

There's always Wacky cake. No eggs, no milk and you can use whatever kind
of vegetable oil you want.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
> tea.

Yep. These are the only two I make, because they're the only
non-yucky ones I've tried. The first one is a chocolate cake from
Goomba; the second is a boiled spice cake from Vegetarian Times
magazine. Careful not to overcook either one, or they'll be dry.

A pic of the spice cake:
http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejournal/pic/0002d2r6/

Eggless Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water

Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, sugar and salt. Mix in oil and
vinegar and vanilla. Add water and mix well.
Bake in 9 inch greased sqare pan for 30 min at 350 degrees.
Cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top to serve.

Boiled Spice Cake

Cake:
3 c. unbleached white flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups raisins (I didn't have enough raisins, so I used a cup
rather than a cup and a half, and my partners said it's more than
enough raisins)
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (I used fresh grated)
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup vegan margarine
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Glaze: (I omitted the glaze)
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
3 cups confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda
together in a bowl. The recipe says to spray a 12-cup bundt pan
with cooking spray, but I wiped a little oil into my silicone bundt
pan. Set the pan aside. Combine sugar, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg,
cloves, salt, and 1 1/2 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a
boil and cook 5 minutes or until raisins plump up. Remove from
heat. Stir in margarine.

When margarine has melted, add flour mixture and pecans to saucepan.
Blend well. Pour into pan. Bake 35-45 minutes, until toothpick
inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then
invert onto wire rack and cool completely.

To make glaze, whisk lemon juice into confectioners' sugar. Pour
over cooled cake. Decorate with whole pecans, if desired.

Serves 16, they say. Ha! Anyway, each of these mythical servings
has 391 calories, 4g protein, 11.5g total fat, 72g carb, no
cholesterol, 259mg sodium, a gram of fiber, and 49g sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> Sereney-pie > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> You need
>>> a thick hide to participate here in any meaningful way.

>> Yeah, you never know -- you might be told you're not worth listening
>> to because of your "lifestyle".

> Nothing wrong with a lowfat vegan lifestyle!

:-)

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
> tea.

Combine in a blender:

1 1/4 cups oil (soy, vegetable, corn, essentially tasteless)
1 1/2 cups maple syrup (the real thing)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fruit juice (apple, grape, orange)
8 ounces soft or silken tofu

Sift together in a bowl:

3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups unbleached white flour (or any combination of whole wheat and white)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons baking powder.

Mix wet into dry.
Pour into greased pans.
Bake at 350-375 degrees until a tester comes out clean.

If you are used to very sweet desserts, this is NOT for you.
For a sweet icing, soften dried fruits (raisins, apricots, dates) in
water. Heat with a little maple syrup or yinnie syrup or barley malt.
Blend. Then thicken with corn starch (or kuzu starch). This doesn't
make a classic spreadable icing (for that, you need tofu), but it does
do nicely on cake.

(Recipe adapted from _Natural Foods Cookbook: Vegetarian Dairy-Free
Cuisine_ by Mary Estella.)

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sereney-pie wrote:
> So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things, and
> making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and vegan. ;-)
>
> I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy to
> avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see. Thoughts?
>
> Serene

Cluttering up the group with real recipes? Now why would
you want to do that? ;-)

I'd be interested if they taste good (yes, I know that's
subjective).
If they taste like cardboard box, please don't!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from Serene > contains these words:
>
>> Janet Baraclough wrote:
>> > Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake
>> > please?
>> > Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or
>> > afternoon
>> > tea.

>> Yep. These are the only two I make, because they're the only
>> non-yucky ones I've tried.

> Many thanks (and to Mrs P and Julia)..I shall have a go.
>
> Have just discovered that the vegan guest is unlikely to eat cake
> anyway.. "prefers raw food" :-}
>
> Janet

Personally I prefer Wacky cake to any other chocolate cake that I've tried
so far. I like it even better than the Hershey's cake.

But cake is only okay raw. It's not nearly as good as raw cookies.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ms P wrote:

> Personally I prefer Wacky cake to any other chocolate cake that I've
> tried so far. I like it even better than the Hershey's cake.
>
> But cake is only okay raw. It's not nearly as good as raw cookies.
>
> Ms P

I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically
the same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:10:45 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>Janet Baraclough wrote:
>> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
>> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
>> tea.

>Yep. These are the only two I make, because they're the only
>non-yucky ones I've tried. The first one is a chocolate cake from
>Goomba; the second is a boiled spice cake from Vegetarian Times
>magazine. Careful not to overcook either one, or they'll be dry.
>
>A pic of the spice cake:
>http://pics.livejournal.com/serenejournal/pic/0002d2r6/
>
>Eggless Chocolate Cake
>
>Boiled Spice Cake

Thanks for the recipes! I'm enough of a carnivore that I'd have to
substitute real butter.... I try but I'm still not perfect.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:23:29 -0500, "Ms P" >
wrote:

>Personally I prefer Wacky cake to any other chocolate cake that I've tried
>so far. I like it even better than the Hershey's cake.

I know I've seen the recipe all over the internet, but I wish you'd
post the one you use in this thread.

thanks

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> The message >
> from Serene > contains these words:
>
>> Janet Baraclough wrote:
>>> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
>>> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
>>> tea.

>> Yep. These are the only two I make, because they're the only
>> non-yucky ones I've tried.

> Many thanks (and to Mrs P and Julia)..I shall have a go.
>
> Have just discovered that the vegan guest is unlikely to eat cake
> anyway.. "prefers raw food" :-}

Oy. :-)

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:
> Sereney-pie wrote:
>> So I've been doing this low-fat vegan thing, and cooking new things, and
>> making up new recipes, but the catch is, they're all low-fat and vegan. ;-)
>>
>> I would post them if anyone wants to read them; otherwise, I'm happy to
>> avoid cluttering up the group with stuff no one wants to see. Thoughts?
>>
>> Serene

> Cluttering up the group with real recipes? Now why would
> you want to do that? ;-)
>
> I'd be interested if they taste good (yes, I know that's
> subjective).
> If they taste like cardboard box, please don't!

*grin* Don't worry. I'm sparing you the banana vinaigrette.

(No, really. It actually tasted okay on the first tasting, but add
it to a bunch of shredded cabbage and it's ohmigosh a nightmare.)

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>But cake is only okay raw. It's not nearly as good as raw cookies.

Raw cookies are only as good as the "lickings" go. After that, I want
them baked. Cake is fine that way too.

I finally tried chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream last week. OMG!
TOO SWEET. I felt like it could give me a cavity after only one
spoonful. Obviously, I did *not* enjoy it. Thankfully I was just
tasting. Bleh.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ms P wrote:
>
>> Personally I prefer Wacky cake to any other chocolate cake that I've
>> tried so far. I like it even better than the Hershey's cake.
>>
>> But cake is only okay raw. It's not nearly as good as raw cookies.
>>
>> Ms P

> I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
> Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically the
> same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.

Basically the same? It's exactly the same cake recipe. Wacky cake came
about during the depression. You could call it depression cake? There are
several strange cake recipes that came out of the depression years and WWII
years. Mayo cakes, coke cakes, sauerkraut cakes, tomato soup cakes, etc,
I'm sure there are dozens more weird cake recipes. They're all good cakes
though.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:02:14 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
>Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically
>the same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.

You qualified it with "basically", so what is different?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:26:42 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>*grin* Don't worry. I'm sparing you the banana vinaigrette.
>
>(No, really. It actually tasted okay on the first tasting, but add
>it to a bunch of shredded cabbage and it's ohmigosh a nightmare.)

Maybe it's better on fruit salad... or greens with fruit?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smile first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:23:29 -0500, "Ms P" >
> wrote:
>
>>Personally I prefer Wacky cake to any other chocolate cake that I've tried
>>so far. I like it even better than the Hershey's cake.

> I know I've seen the recipe all over the internet, but I wish you'd
> post the one you use in this thread.
>

> thanks

Sure. I got the recipe from my grandmother. She never gave me directions
for any of her recipes since she assumed my mother had taught me to cook. I
mix the dry in a big bowl with a whisk and the liquid in a big measuring cup
and then dump them together. I found out years later you're supposed to mix
this in the pan by making three wells for the liquid. Do it which ever way
suits you.

Wacky cake

1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbl cocoa
1/2 tsp soda

1 cup water
6 Tbl oil
1 Tbl vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well and dump into 8X8 inch greased pan. Bake at 350. 25 minutes or
until top springs bake and tester comes out clean.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:02:14 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
>> I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
>> Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically
>> the same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.

> You qualified it with "basically", so what is different?

From what I've seen, not much. Just a better name
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ms P wrote:

>> I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
>> Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically
>> the same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.

> Basically the same? It's exactly the same cake recipe. Wacky cake came
> about during the depression. You could call it depression cake? There
> are several strange cake recipes that came out of the depression years
> and WWII years. Mayo cakes, coke cakes, sauerkraut cakes, tomato soup
> cakes, etc, I'm sure there are dozens more weird cake recipes. They're
> all good cakes though.
>
> Ms P

That's what I've said. Same cake but a better name.
You might have missed my TIC intent?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Ms P wrote:
>
>>> I couldn't in good conscience make or call any cake called "Wacky
>>> Cake".... it just sounds stupid. "Eggless Chocolate Cake" is basically
>>> the same thing but with a more respectable name. LOL.

>> Basically the same? It's exactly the same cake recipe. Wacky cake came
>> about during the depression. You could call it depression cake? There
>> are several strange cake recipes that came out of the depression years
>> and WWII years. Mayo cakes, coke cakes, sauerkraut cakes, tomato soup
>> cakes, etc, I'm sure there are dozens more weird cake recipes. They're
>> all good cakes though.
>>
>> Ms P

> That's what I've said. Same cake but a better name.
> You might have missed my TIC intent?

I don't think "eggless chocolate cake" is a better name. I think it sounds
stupid and I think it discounts the heritage of the cake and it's real name.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:25:24 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>Janet Baraclough wrote:
>> The message >
>> from Serene > contains these words:

>>> Yep. These are the only two I make, because they're the only
>>> non-yucky ones I've tried.

>> Many thanks (and to Mrs P and Julia)..I shall have a go.
>>
>> Have just discovered that the vegan guest is unlikely to eat cake
>> anyway.. "prefers raw food" :-}

>Oy. :-)
>
>Serene

that was pretty much my reaction, except i said 'jesus.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:25:24 -0700, Serene >
> wrote:
>
>>Janet Baraclough wrote:
>>> The message >
>>> from Serene > contains these words:

>>> Many thanks (and to Mrs P and Julia)..I shall have a go.
>>>
>>> Have just discovered that the vegan guest is unlikely to eat cake
>>> anyway.. "prefers raw food" :-}

>>Oy. :-)
>>
>>Serene

> that was pretty much my reaction, except i said 'jesus.'

Mine was, "I got yer raw food right here." But I am just RUDE.
*wanting to hang my head, but just not quite being able to bring
myself to*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:25:24 -0700, Serene >
> wrote:
>
>>Janet Baraclough wrote:
>>> The message >
>>> from Serene > contains these words:

>>> Many thanks (and to Mrs P and Julia)..I shall have a go.
>>>
>>> Have just discovered that the vegan guest is unlikely to eat cake
>>> anyway.. "prefers raw food" :-}

>>Oy. :-)
>>
>>Serene

> that was pretty much my reaction, except i said 'jesus.'
>
> your pal,
> blake

When I first read Janet's response, that they only wanted 'raw' food, my
first inclination was to show them the back door and say 'look at all the
pretty grass, weeds, and dandelions, enjoy your graze".
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ms P" > wrote in message

>>> Basically the same? It's exactly the same cake recipe. Wacky cake came
>>> about during the depression. You could call it depression cake? There
>>> are several strange cake recipes that came out of the depression years
>>> and WWII years. Mayo cakes, coke cakes, sauerkraut cakes, tomato soup
>>> cakes, etc, I'm sure there are dozens more weird cake recipes. They're
>>> all good cakes though.
>>>
>>> Ms P

>> That's what I've said. Same cake but a better name.
>> You might have missed my TIC intent?

> I don't think "eggless chocolate cake" is a better name. I think it
> sounds stupid and I think it discounts the heritage of the cake and it's
> real name.

Yayah!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

>> I don't think "eggless chocolate cake" is a better name. I think it
>> sounds stupid and I think it discounts the heritage of the cake and it's
>> real name.
>>

> Yayah!

Then you better do a google search on "eggless cake, WW1" and you'll see
that that "eggless chocolate cake" is ALSO a valid cake title.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" <.> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:23:29 -0500, "Ms P" >
> wrote:
>
>>But cake is only okay raw. It's not nearly as good as raw cookies.

> Raw cookies are only as good as the "lickings" go. After that, I want
> them baked. Cake is fine that way too.
>
> I finally tried chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream last week. OMG!
> TOO SWEET. I felt like it could give me a cavity after only one
> spoonful. Obviously, I did *not* enjoy it. Thankfully I was just
> tasting. Bleh.

I love low sugar vanilla ice cream for this reason. I can't recall the
brand, but it has all the fat and no added sugar. Might be Breyers. I don't
like all those ice creams with hunks of crap in them. Chunks of chocolate?
Hell no. I want it melty, if at all. My favorite is still fudge ripple! And,
fresh strawberry and fresh peach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ms P" > wrote:

> "Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
> >
> > Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
> > Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
> > tea.

> There's always Wacky cake. No eggs, no milk and you can use whatever kind
> of vegetable oil you want.

Make sure the sugar you use is vegan; some types are filtered through
bone charcoal.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ms P" > wrote:
>
>> "Janet Baraclough" > wrote in message
>>> Serene, do you have a tried and tested recipe for a vegan cake please?
>>> Not a grand occasion one; just, suitable for morning coffee or afternoon
>>> tea.

>> There's always Wacky cake. No eggs, no milk and you can use whatever kind
>> of vegetable oil you want.

> Make sure the sugar you use is vegan; some types are filtered through
> bone charcoal.

If I were serving food to a vegan, I might ask them about sugar --
some vegans draw that line and some don't (I never have).

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene > wrote:

>> Make sure the sugar you use is vegan; some types are filtered through
>> bone charcoal.

>If I were serving food to a vegan, I might ask them about sugar --
>some vegans draw that line and some don't (I never have).

Then there's beer. German beer is all vegan. English beer,
on the other hand, is often filtered with non-vegan stuff like
fish protein. I know vegans who won't touch English ale, due
to its fishy reputation.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:30:43 +0100, Janet Baraclough
> wrote:

>The message >
>from Miche > contains these words:
>

>> Make sure the sugar you use is vegan; some types are filtered through
>> bone charcoal.

> Thanks, I'd never heard of that ! Have just looked up usage in the UK
>(for sugar) and am gobsmacked to discover that bone-char is used here in
>public drinking water filtration.
>
> Have made a management decision that if the guest asks about vegan
>sugar and vegan bone-china plates I shall just tell a big diplomatic
>LIE.
>
> Janet

fanatics should be lied to at every opportunity.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

>> Have made a management decision that if the guest asks about vegan
>> sugar and vegan bone-china plates I shall just tell a big diplomatic
>> LIE.
>>
>> Janet
>>

> fanatics should be lied to at every opportunity.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Until I read this I hadn't imagined that vegans would be complaining of
bone china?

Do Jews have a problem serving milk dishes off bone china?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote

> fanatics should be lied to at every opportunity.

By God you are sexy.

Okay, weird, weird topic - not for the faint of heart kilikini General Cooking 37 15-06-2008 07:19 AM
Weird Question......Asparagus kilikini General Cooking 35 15-06-2006 09:52 PM
Weird question. Mydnight Tea 5 02-07-2005 09:06 PM
Weird question about spices Robyn Rosenthal General Cooking 66 22-12-2004 03:39 PM