Old 06-04-2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reheating frozen pizza?

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kent" wrote:
When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Huh?!?!? No normal person freezes left over pizza, that's illegal.
Left over pizza must eaten for breakfast the next day, cold right out
of the fridge, never reheated... same as left over Chinese food. I've
never heard of anyone freezing left over take out... you're not right
in the head, Kent.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

"Kent" wrote:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Huh?!?!? No normal person freezes left over pizza, that's illegal.
Left over pizza must eaten for breakfast the next day, cold right out
of the fridge, never reheated... same as left over Chinese food. I've
never heard of anyone freezing left over take out... you're not right
in the head, Kent.

Can't disagree, but suppose one ordered a boatload of pizza for
a party and overestimated. Can't take it to the food bank...
unsealed food, so freezing it is an approach.

Freezing a fraction of a pizza you didn't finish, that would
be silly.

Steve
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kent" wrote in
:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from
the pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry,
sometimes overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method
used. How do you all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

Anytime you freeze something that's been made and then go to defrost and
re-heat, it's never going to be the same.

If it's good pizza, defrost as usual, and place on a tray in the oven
just so's it'll heat through. No high temps, otherwise you'll end up
with a piece of wood.

Or, nuke it....... I stick it in a plastic bag if I'm doing this. The
crust will be a bit 'limp', but the toppings don't dry out.

Mind you, I rarely freeze leftover pizza.

It's usually eaten cold the next day for Breakfast, with a can of Pepsi
Max :-)

The Breakfast of Champions ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing.

Edmund Burke.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope said...

Sheldon wrote:

"Kent" wrote:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from
the pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry,
sometimes overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method
used. How do you all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Huh?!?!? No normal person freezes left over pizza, that's illegal.
Left over pizza must eaten for breakfast the next day, cold right out
of the fridge, never reheated... same as left over Chinese food. I've
never heard of anyone freezing left over take out... you're not right
in the head, Kent.

Can't disagree, but suppose one ordered a boatload of pizza for
a party and overestimated. Can't take it to the food bank...
unsealed food, so freezing it is an approach.

Freezing a fraction of a pizza you didn't finish, that would
be silly.

Steve

It's not without precedence to leave pizzas or pans of garlic/clam
spaghetti out on the counter overnight, only to resume dining at breakfast!

Andy

Old 06-04-2008, 04:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" wrote in message

If it's good pizza, defrost as usual, and place on a tray in the oven
just so's it'll heat through. No high temps, otherwise you'll end up
with a piece of wood.

I find a toaster oven works very well for that job.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote in message ...
Steve Pope said...

Sheldon wrote:

"Kent" wrote:

[...]

My good friend, who owns a pizza shop, recommends this!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

I would put it out on the counter to thaw out and reach room
temperature, then broil it for 1-2 minutes to get the cheese melted.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

deja.blues said...

"Andy" q wrote in message ...

It's not without precedence to leave pizzas or pans of garlic/clam
spaghetti out on the counter overnight, only to resume dining at
breakfast!

Andy

My good friend, who owns a pizza shop, recommends this!

I must dine there some day!!!

Best,

Andy

Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" q wrote in message ...
deja.blues said...

"Andy" q wrote in message ...

It's not without precedence to leave pizzas or pans of garlic/clam
spaghetti out on the counter overnight, only to resume dining at
breakfast!

Andy

My good friend, who owns a pizza shop, recommends this!

I must dine there some day!!!

Best,

Andy

Longhitanos in Southampton. Super good food!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Kent" wrote:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from the
pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry, sometimes
overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method used. How do you
all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

I just put a slice or two on a microwave safe plate, then I nuke the
pizza on my microwave oven's medium setting for two or three minutes or
until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Works fine.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

In article ,
"Kent" wrote:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from
the pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry,
sometimes overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method
used. How do you all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

I just put a slice or two on a microwave safe plate, then I nuke the
pizza on my microwave oven's medium setting for two or three minutes or
until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Works fine.

Oven/toaster oven re-awaken leftover pizza if you must have it hot. Nuking
just removes the moisture and renders it hard-chewy.

Andy
Old 06-04-2008, 01:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini said...

Andy wrote:
Stan Horwitz said...

In article ,
"Kent" wrote:

When I try to heat up frozen pizza that was made in the home or from
the pizza parlor it just doesn't work. It's sometimes too dry,
sometimes overdone, or the crust falls apart depending on the method
used. How do you all reheat pizza that you've frozen?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

I just put a slice or two on a microwave safe plate, then I nuke the
pizza on my microwave oven's medium setting for two or three minutes
or until the cheese is hot and bubbly. Works fine.

Oven/toaster oven re-awaken leftover pizza if you must have it hot.
Nuking just removes the moisture and renders it hard-chewy.

Andy

I use the toaster oven when I have to reheat pizza that wasn't good to
begin with. It helps. If it's a good pizza, then I like it cold for
breakfast.

kili

kili

How are there any pizza leftovers with TFM around?

Or leftovers at all (recalling the biggest bologna sandwich of all time)!

???

Andy
Not hungry all of a sudden
Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
LMW LMW is offline

Use a Baking Stone....anything that's been fried or pizza, etc. crisps right
back up when you re-heat it on a baking stone.

. ..

Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" wrote:

ROFL - I'll post a pic of the bologna sandwich grimace. �I don't think he
can eat bologna since and that was a few years ago.

http://i32.tinypic.com/4se6hh.jpghtt...com/oqha1w.jpg

You can see the look of disgust on his face in the second picture. �

Disgust is putting it mildly... you need new glasses... I've seen much
more pleasant looking, cleaner skid row bowery bums And he sure
doesn't look like anyone I ever saw who works construction, that's an
outright lie... that creature never did any roofing, with those puny
flaccid arms I doubt he has the strength to wipe his own ass... in
fact he probably hasn't in a very long time. How do you tolerate
*it*, you must have the lowest self esteem on the planet. It doesn't
work, it doesn't bathe, it hogs what few resources there are all to
itself... any normal woman would have been long gone, LOOONG gone.