Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anthony Bourdain

I'm a big fan of Anthony Bourdain. Love his show 'No Reservations'. The
last two new shows for 2008 that I watched I noticed he didn't smoke once!
Has anyone else noticed this? He still enjoyed the alcohol, though. Ha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:55:56 -0600, "kjkittn" >
wrote:

>I'm a big fan of Anthony Bourdain. Love his show 'No Reservations'. The
>last two new shows for 2008 that I watched I noticed he didn't smoke once!
>Has anyone else noticed this? He still enjoyed the alcohol, though. Ha!

He stopped smoking. He has a young daughter now..and he has said that
is the reason....

He has also gained a bit of weight...

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 6:55*pm, "kjkittn" > wrote:
> I'm a big fan of Anthony Bourdain. *Love his show *'No Reservations'. *The
> last two new shows for 2008 that I watched I noticed he didn't smoke once!
> Has anyone else noticed this? *He still enjoyed the alcohol, though. *Ha!

He has a 6- (or possibly 8-) month old daughter, and quit smoking
because of that. He's gained a little paunch.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kjkittn" > wrote in message
> I'm a big fan of Anthony Bourdain. Love his show 'No Reservations'. The
> last two new shows for 2008 that I watched I noticed he didn't smoke once!
> Has anyone else noticed this? He still enjoyed the alcohol, though. Ha!

I've also been a fan of Bourdain. He spoke at the Free Library of
Philadelphia in December and was very entertaining. It made me get his book
'Kitchen Confidential' which I also enjoyed.

The Library has the talk on MP3 which you can download or listen online from
the link below....

http://libwww.library.phila.gov/podc...01-anthony.mp3

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo said...

> The Library has the talk on MP3 which you can download or listen online

Heard it! He's never had a Philly Cheesesteak (?), as one questioner asked,
iirc. Or he has and doesn't want to take sides.

He said he wasn't able to stay over and have dinner after the appearance,
the family man that he is.

Philly is more historic than the cheesesteak. Too bad in his biz, time is
money. Sure, the guy has to have a private life! I'd've shown him all
the kewl spots I know of! 15 years worth.

Very good show. He's quick (and I got the impression, honest) on his feet
taking questions from the audience!

Recommended!

Andy

Anthony Bourdain sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 18-06-2010 07:40 PM
Anthony Bourdain Interview Lou Decruss[_2_] General Cooking 21 17-01-2008 05:41 PM
Anthony Bourdain Rich General Cooking 32 28-07-2006 11:11 PM
What do other BIG Chefs say about Anthony Bourdain? Steve Y General Cooking 26 05-07-2006 12:33 AM
What do other BIG Chefs say about Anthony Bourdain? [email protected] General Cooking 10 04-07-2006 10:13 AM