Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anthony Bourdain Interview

I read the Interview in the "Onion." For those who don't get the
paper and are fans, here it is:

http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/anthony_bourdain

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:
> I read the Interview in the "Onion." For those who don't get the
> paper and are fans, here it is:
>
> http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/anthony_bourdain
>
> Lou

And along the same lines I recently posted this interesting recording
and people may have ignored it because it said "podcast". No ipod is
required and it will play on any computer:

http://libwww.freelibrary.org/podcast/?podcastID=46

Anthony Bourdain | No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach
Recorded 12/1/2007

(This recording contains explicit content.) Author of the New York Times
bestsellers The Nasty Bits and Kitchen Confidential, culinary bad boy
Anthony Bourdain is the host of the Travel Channel's No Reservations and
chef-at-large of Les Halles Brasseries with locations in New York City,
Washington, D.C., and Miami. No Reservations: Around the World on an
Empty Stomach is Bourdain's fully illustrated, outrageously commentated
journal of his far-flung and gastronomically adventurous travels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > scripsit in
:

> What does the Onion have to do with this article? It's
> definitely not he Onion's, uh, "style" of writing or subject
> matter.

The A.V. Club (if you look at the bottom of their home page,
states:

© Copyright 2008, Onion Inc. All Rights Reserved

Is that any clearer?

--

"What difference does it make to the dead, the
orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad

Mohandas K. Gandhi
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:53:58 -0500, George >
wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>> I read the Interview in the "Onion." For those who don't get the
>> paper and are fans, here it is:
>>
>> http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/anthony_bourdain
>>
>> Lou

>And along the same lines I recently posted this interesting recording
>and people may have ignored it because it said "podcast". No ipod is
>required and it will play on any computer:
>
>http://libwww.freelibrary.org/podcast/?podcastID=46
>

>Anthony Bourdain | No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach
>Recorded 12/1/2007
>
>(This recording contains explicit content.) Author of the New York Times
>bestsellers The Nasty Bits and Kitchen Confidential, culinary bad boy
>Anthony Bourdain is the host of the Travel Channel's No Reservations and
>chef-at-large of Les Halles Brasseries with locations in New York City,
>Washington, D.C., and Miami. No Reservations: Around the World on an
>Empty Stomach is Bourdain's fully illustrated, outrageously commentated
>journal of his far-flung and gastronomically adventurous travels.

Thanks for re-posting this. It's playing now. He's great!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:02:25 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:32:35 -0600, Michel wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz > scripsit in
>> :
>>
>>> What does the Onion have to do with this article? It's
>>> definitely not he Onion's, uh, "style" of writing or subject
>>> matter.

>> The A.V. Club (if you look at the bottom of their home page,
>> states:
>>
>> © Copyright 2008, Onion Inc. All Rights Reserved
>>
>> Is that any clearer?

>No. Maybe if you give me a damn magnifying glass it would be
>clearer. I don't go around reading all the fine print and legal
>disclaimers at the bottom of web pages. Maybe if they put it in
>the masthead of the web page you'd have good reason to get snotty
>:-P
>
>That said, and on a friendlier note, I didn't know the Onion had
>any sister, serious publications. The print Onion is free here
>in Austin - one if it's original print test markets, I believe.

The print Onion is free here too. That's where I read the scaled down
version of the interview. He was on the front page of the January
10th copy. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry. Even the print
version does have a few serious things in it. If ever there was a
chef that belongs in the onion would be Bourdain.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > scripsit in
:

>> The A.V. Club (if you look at the bottom of their home page,
>> states:
>>
>> ¸ Copyright 2008, Onion Inc. All Rights Reserved
>>
>> Is that any clearer?

> No. Maybe if you give me a damn magnifying glass it would be
> clearer. I don't go around reading all the fine print and legal
> disclaimers at the bottom of web pages. Maybe if they put it in
> the masthead of the web page you'd have good reason to get snotty

If it's on the page, I have good reason to be informative. I am
never snotty and I find the expression distasteful at the best of
times and have never referred to anyone's behaviour in this
fashion.

--

"What difference does it make to the dead, the
orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad
destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty
and democracy?"

Mohandas K. Gandhi
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:32:35 -0600, Michel wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz > scripsit in
>> :
>>
>>> What does the Onion have to do with this article? It's
>>> definitely not he Onion's, uh, "style" of writing or subject
>>> matter.

>> The A.V. Club (if you look at the bottom of their home page,
>> states:
>>
>> © Copyright 2008, Onion Inc. All Rights Reserved
>>
>> Is that any clearer?

>No. Maybe if you give me a damn magnifying glass it would be
>clearer. I don't go around reading all the fine print and legal
>disclaimers at the bottom of web pages. Maybe if they put it in
>the masthead of the web page you'd have good reason to get snotty
>:-P
>
>That said, and on a friendlier note, I didn't know the Onion had
>any sister, serious publications. The print Onion is free here
>in Austin - one if it's original print test markets, I believe.
>
>-sw

it's not a sister publication. it's a part of *the onion* that does
movie, audio, games, etc reviews.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:05:07 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:02:25 GMT, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >>No. Maybe if you give me a damn magnifying glass it would be
> >>clearer. I don't go around reading all the fine print and legal
> >>disclaimers at the bottom of web pages. Maybe if they put it in
> >>the masthead of the web page you'd have good reason to get snotty
> >>:-P
> >>
> >>That said, and on a friendlier note, I didn't know the Onion had
> >>any sister, serious publications. The print Onion is free here
> >>in Austin - one if it's original print test markets, I believe.

> > it's not a sister publication. it's a part of *the onion* that does
> > movie, audio, games, etc reviews.

> What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
> with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
> different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
> website.

Ya think...!!!???

HOW many TIMES does something have to be EXPLAINED to you, you ****ing
moron?

I rarely read _The Onion_ but even I know about the "AV Club" website...

Sheesh...

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:42:33 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
>with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
>different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
>website.
>
>-sw

The AV club is most definitely in the paper printed Onion. That's why
I said I read the interview there, and gave a link for those who were
interested and couldn't get the paper.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:05:07 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:02:25 GMT, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>No. Maybe if you give me a damn magnifying glass it would be
>>>clearer. I don't go around reading all the fine print and legal
>>>disclaimers at the bottom of web pages. Maybe if they put it in
>>>the masthead of the web page you'd have good reason to get snotty
>>>:-P
>>>
>>>That said, and on a friendlier note, I didn't know the Onion had
>>>any sister, serious publications. The print Onion is free here
>>>in Austin - one if it's original print test markets, I believe.

>> it's not a sister publication. it's a part of *the onion* that does
>> movie, audio, games, etc reviews.

>What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
>with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
>different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
>website.
>
>-sw

maybe so, but the print edition i get in d.c. most certainly includes
the a.v. club, and it's a pretty sizeable part of it.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:47:53 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>>What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
>>with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
>>different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
>>website.
>>
>>-sw

>maybe so, but the print edition i get in d.c. most certainly includes
>the a.v. club, and it's a pretty sizeable part of it.
>
>your pal,
>blake

Almost half here.

lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:55:53 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:35:16 GMT, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:42:33 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
>>>with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
>>>different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
>>>website.

>> The AV club is most definitely in the paper printed Onion. That's why
>> I said I read the interview there, and gave a link for those who were
>> interested and couldn't get the paper.

>I checked the issue you mentioned and it most certainly was not
>mentioned in there.

Recycling bin is already gone or I'd send it to you. Why would I make
this up?

>Blake says the AV club is included in the normal Onion paper.
>Not here in Austin it isn't - At least not in the free version
>you pick up in the newspaper boxes on the streets.

Blake is right. It's actually not "included," it's part of the
paper. It's not a pull-out. And it's free. I think the only way to
pay for the onion is to have it delivered. I could be wrong about
that. I dunno.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:10:52 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:51:04 GMT, Lou Decruss wrote:

>>>maybe so, but the print edition i get in d.c. most certainly includes
>>>the a.v. club, and it's a pretty sizeable part of it.

>> Almost half here.

>Well, this explains why y'all have been so confused throughout
>this thread!

I posted a working link to an ON topic article. The only one confused
is you Steve. When I'm wrong on usenet I either admit it, or post to
other threads. It's no big deal.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:35:16 GMT, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:42:33 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What I see on the AV club website is most definitely not included
>>>with any print edition of the Onion. And they are clearly
>>>different links from the actual contents of the Onion even on the
>>>website.

>> The AV club is most definitely in the paper printed Onion. That's why
>> I said I read the interview there, and gave a link for those who were
>> interested and couldn't get the paper.

>I checked the issue you mentioned and it most certainly was not
>mentioned in there.
>
>Blake says the AV club is included in the normal Onion paper.
>Not here in Austin it isn't - At least not in the free version
>you pick up in the newspaper boxes on the streets.
>
>-sw

mine was from such a box.

your pal,
blake